How to Change OneDrive Sync Frequency: 2 Useful Ways
On this page, you can learn 2 useful ways to create scheduled OneDrive sync and change OneDrive sync frequency.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
OneDrive, one of the most popular and best-known secure cloud storage services in the market, provides professional backup and sync features for you. OneDrive is compatible with Windows operating systems perfectly. If you are using a device based on Windows 11 or 10, the OneDrive application has been pre-installed on your computer already.
As a result, you may often use OneDrive to create sync tasks. Do you know does OneDrive constantly sync and how often it syncs? Yes, OneDrive will sync files automatically and constantly. Often, OneDrive will sync files every 10 minutes in the background.
However, you may need to change OneDrive sync frequency according to your own needs. For this, we have prepared 2 methods for you to set up OneDrive sync frequency. For further information, please keep looking through this tutorial.
OneDrive provides an official desktop client, but it does not support to set up or change a certain frequency for your sync task. The only thing you can do to change OneDrive sync frequency is click Sync now manually to perform the sync task whenever you want to sync, or restart OneDrive desktop app to force sync files other than change OneDrive sync frequency.
To create schedule OneDrive sync task, here are 2 different solutions. Whether you use a built-in tool, or download an easier tool to help you, you can change how often OneDrive syncs successfully.
Maybe you do not want to download and install extra software on your computer, so you can try this Windows built-in tool - Task Scheduler. With the help of it, you can make OneDrive sync with the frequency you choose. Let’s see how to do it:
1. Go to the Windows menu to find the Task Scheduler tool and run it.
2. On the taskbar, choose the Action tab and click on Create Task in the pop-up menu.
3. Under General, you can set up your scheduled task. You can input Name, Description and choose Security options for your sync task here.
4. Then go to Triggers > New..., here you can change OneDrive sync frequency. There are 4 different choices for you.
5. Go back to the Create Task page, tap Actions > New..., then choose Start a program for Action. And choose OneDrive client under Program/script. After that, click on OK.
If you think the built-in tool above is not convenient and easy enough to use, we highly recommend you a free cloud backup service - CBackup. It provides easier operation steps to sync files to OneDrive and change OneDrive sync frequency as you like.
CBackup is a free professional cloud service, providing direct cloud backup and sync features to mainstream cloud drives including OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
What’s more, there is a free feature called Scheduler in CBackup, which can make backup or sync tasks automatically perform with a certain frequency you choose. You can even change the frequency of the old sync task in your list.
Now, let’s see how to create scheduled OneDrive sync and change OneDrive sync frequency in CBackup without any effort:
1. After downloading and installing the CBackup desktop app on your computer. Sign up for a new CBackup account and open the desktop client to log into your new account.
2. In the Storage tab, choose OneDrive > Authorize Now. Follow the easy instructions to grant CBackup access to your OneDrive account.
3. Go to the Sync section, and choose Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose any file on your PC as the sync source. Then choose a folder in the OneDrive account as the sync destination.
5. Go to click the Settings button on the left bottom. Enable the Scheduler feature to make your OneDrive sync task automated with a specified frequency you choose. After configuration, you can click on Start Sync on the last page to begin the scheduled OneDrive sync task.
Nowadays, you may use multiple cloud drives for different features. Thus, sometimes you want to transfer OneDrive files to other cloud drives but you need to log into different cloud accounts on different platforms. To make it easier, you can try the cloud to cloud sync feature in CBackup, which can help you sync OneDrive to Google Drive, Dropbox, FTP, and more directly on one platform.
1. Go to the CBackup website and log into your CBackup account.
2. On the page, choose My Storage, click on the + button to choose Add Cloud. You can add OneDrive and other cloud drives to CBackup.
3. In the Sync Tasks section, click on the New Task button to create a new cloud to cloud sync task.
4. Then, press the Add Source button to choose your OneDrive account, and press the Add Destination button to choose the target cloud drive.
5. After the above, select the Start Sync button to start the cloud to cloud sync task. Here we take syncing from OneDrive to Dropbox as an example.
Now, you have known how do I change my OneDrive sync frequency. There are 2 efficient ways to change OneDrive sync frequency in this article. You can choose a built-in tool or an easier cloud service to help you as you like.