In this article, you will learn how to create a cloud backup via reliable cloud backup services - CBackupper. For example, you can do cloud backup from Google Drive to OneDrive with CBackupper with a few steps.
Create a new backup task
At first, You need to add at least 2 cloud drives into CBackupper before you can create a new task.
The operation of creating a new backup task is as follows,
1. Find the New Task button then click it to create a task.
2. In Create Task page, you can modify the default task name, and then add the source and destination.
3. Click Add Source, then select the folders/files or the whole cloud you want to back up under added clouds. And then, click OK to add.
4. Click Add Destination, and select the cloud that you want to back up to. And then, click OK to add.
You can check the Secondary Destination option, then add other clouds so that backups can be saved to secondary clouds in turn when the Primary Destination’s free space is used up.
If Secondary Destination is checked, all cloud drives in the Secondary Destination list are set to Secondary destination of the task. You can customize a cloud drive as Secondary Destination or Optional Destination.
In the Secondary Destination list, moving the mouse over a cloud drive will display the up and down buttons. Click the up or down button to sort the Secondary destinations.
Then, click OK then the destination is added.
5. After adding the source and destination, you can click Settings to Enable Email Notification and set File Filter. And, you can click Schedule to set a scheduled backup.
6. Next, you can click the Start Backup button to run the task immediately, or select a time on the down-arrow to run task later.
For the created tasks, you can click the icon to start backups again.
Run the old created tasks
For the created tasks, there are two methods to start the backup, please follow the steps below to do.
1. Select the task that needs to be executed from the task list. Move the mouse over the icon and click the Backup button to start the backup.
2. Please click on the backup task menu to select Details to open the task details page. On the task details page, click the Start Backup button to run the backup.
Currently, CBackupper web client only supports backups from clouds to clouds. The data backup of the computer will be realized via the CBackupper desktop app.
For backing up files quickly and make the most of the space of combined clouds, CBackupper will split the file into several small slices(32 MB) to back up. Please be assured that the splitting will not damage the completeness of the file. After the restore, it will still be an intact file with the original size.
The backups can't be accessed directly. You can access and use files after restore.
Please don’t modify, move, and delete backups on the cloud official site. Or else, it might be unable to restore after.