How to Upload Photos to Dropbox | 4 Methods Included
On this page, you can learn how to upload photos to Dropbox easily. Besides, there is also a tip to get more Dropbox storage space for free.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Dropbox is a simple cloud storage service, and it is very good for storing photos. It is easy to upload photos to Dropbox via different devices, which can back up and protect all your photos. Once you set up Dropbox photo backup, you can access these photos via Dropbox on any device. Though Dropbox provides only 2GB of free cloud storage, you can pay for a subscription plan according to your needs, or take a free method introduced in the latter part of the article.
So, how to upload photos to Dropbox? In general, there are four effective methods to backup photos to Dropbox. You can do it on a website, phone, desktop client, or free cloud backup software. You can continue reading to learn which one is suitable for you.
The basic way to upload photos to Dropbox is to use the upload feature on the Dropbox website. If the number of your photos is not too much, you can consider using this way to upload photos manually. Here are the simple steps to upload photos via the Dropbox website:
1. Go to the Dropbox website, log in to your account.
2. On the Dropbox interface, click on Upload files or Upload folder on the right menu to select photos or photo folders.
If you want to automatically upload photos to Dropbox easily, you can try the desktop application for Dropbox and it will help you complete the upload process automatically. Just follow the guideline:
1. Download and install the Dropbox desktop application.
2. Then, Sign in to your account.
3. Dropbox desktop application will create a Dropbox folder on your computer. You just need to drag and drop your photos into this folder. Then your photos will be uploaded to Dropbox automatically.
Nowadays, many users store their photos on the phone, but how to add photos to Dropbox on these mobile devices? Here we provide different methods for iPhone and Android phones.
♦ On iPhone
If you are using iPhone, you can refer to these easy steps:
1. Download and install the Dropbox application from the App Store.
2. Launch it and log into your account. Go to the Account section.
3. In the Camera Uploads section, turn on the Camera Uploads switch. After that, the Dropbox application will upload photos from your iPhone automatically.
♦ On Android phone
If your phone is based on Android system, you can backup Android to Dropbox following these steps:
1. Download and install the Dropbox application from the Play Store.
2. Run it and log into your account.
3. Click the Menu icon > Settings > Turn on Camera Upload.
If you want to upload photos to Dropbox on PC, but do not want to drag and drop them manually, we advise you to use a free cloud backup service, like CBackup. CBackup allows you to add cloud drive accounts to it, containing Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive. Then you can set up a PC to cloud backup task to upload your photos to Dropbox for free.
What’s more, you can set up a Scheduler to upload photos to Dropbox with a selected frequency automatically, freeing up your hands.
Let’s see how to upload photos to Dropbox via CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop on your PC. Register for a new account, then open the client to log into it.
2. Click My Storage > Add Cloud to select Dropbox to Add. You need to authorize CBackup to connect to your Dropbox account.
3. Then, click Backup Tasks > New Task > Local Files to create a new backup task for Dropbox photos upload. Select Add Source to choose your photos on PC.
4. Click Add Destination > Single Cloud to choose Dropbox.
5. (Optional) Click Settings to set up Scheduler. Then CBackup will help you upload photos to Dropbox automatically.
6. Finally, click Start Backup to upload photos to Dropbox.
As we all know, Dropbox provides only 2GB of free cloud storage for each account. However, photos always require much storage space. If you do not want to pay for Dropbox subscription plans, you can use CBackup to combine cloud storage accounts. Here are the easy steps to merge two Dropbox accounts or more accounts:
1. After adding your Dropbox accounts to CBackup, click + New Cloud > New Combined Cloud in the My Storage section.
2. Then, check the Dropbox accounts you want to merge, click Next.
3. After that, you can select the Combined Cloud as your backup destination to use the large storage space.
After looking through this page, you may learn the way to upload photos to Dropbox. If you are using a computer to do it, you can try the free cloud backup software - CBackup to perform your tasks automatically. Besides, you can use it to get more Dropbox cloud storage for free.