How to Transfer iCloud to Dropbox in 2023: Full Guide
How to Transfer iCloud to Dropbox in 2023: Full Guide
How to transfer iCloud data to Dropbox? Read this post to see how to transfer your iCloud content to Dropbox on your iPhone, Mac, or Windows device. Also, you can easily master the skill of transferring Dropbox to other Clouds.
In order to keep data safe, people tend to store their data on trustworthy and free cloud storage platforms. The two most commonly used cloud storage solutions include: iCloud and Dropbox. There are some distinct differences between them and it can be the reason for users tend to transfer iCloud to Dropbox.
Storage Space: iCloud starts with 5GB of free storage. In contrast, Dropbox provides 2GB of free space but more flexible paid options.
Compatibility: iCloud is only for Apple devices. Meanwhile, Dropbox takes a more approach, making itself available across diverse platforms.
Collaboration and Sharing Features: Dropbox has features like collaborative file sharing, version history tracking, and integration with third-party applications. In contrast, iCloud's focus remains more on personal use and lacks the powerful collaborative functionality that Dropbox offers.
How to transfer iCloud to Dropbox on different devices
Compared with iCloud, the collaboration and integration features make Dropbox a better option to store your data. If you want to figure out iCloud to Dropbox transfer on different devices, like iPhone, Mac, or Windows PC, read the following guide.
There is a common way to solve cloud to cloud transfer, that is, downloading and uploading. But today, you do not need to download files from iCloud Drive and then upload them to Dropbox. To streamline the process between these two services using your iPhone, follow these steps to move photos from iCloud to Dropbox:
1. Open iCloud Drive on your phone and select photos you wish to transfer.
2. Tap the Share button located in the bottom left corner.
3. Select Save to Dropbox and select the specific folder within your Dropbox account where you'd like to save the file.
4. Tap Save in the top right corner, and then your file will be securely stored in your Dropbox account.
Part 2. Transfer iCloud to Dropbox on Mac
For Apple computer users, the process of moving files from iCloud to Dropbox becomes effortless through macOS Finder. This uncomplicated process allows you to seamlessly transfer your files from iCloud to Dropbox, providing a convenient means of managing your files on your Apple computer. Follow these simple steps to transfer iCloud photos to Dropbox:
1. Launch Finder on your Mac.
2. In the sidebar, locate and click on iCloud Drive > choose the specific photos or folders you intend to transfer.
3. Drag the selected photos or folder and drop it to the Dropbox option situated in the Finder window's sidebar.
Part 3. Transfer iCloud to Dropbox on Windows PC
Transferring iCloud to Dropbox on a Windows PC involves downloading your iCloud data to your computer and then uploading it to Dropbox manually. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do this:
1. Start by logging into your iCloud account through the website. Once logged in, locate the specific file you wish to transfer.
2. Click on the file you want to transfer, and then select the Download button.
3. Open a new browser tab and navigate to the Dropbox website. Log in to your Dropbox account.
4. Once logged in, navigate to the designated location within your Dropbox account where you want to store the iCloud data. Then, click Upload and choose Files or Folder to upload the previously downloaded iCloud files from your computer to Dropbox.
Bonus tip: Easiest way to increase Dropbox free cloud storage
When you need to transfer data from iCloud to Dropbox, with the limited Dropbox free storage space, you will run out of it quickly. In order to increase Dropbox storage space, you can choose an advanced Dropbox plan, or opt to use CBackup to increase your Dropbox storage at no cost.
CBackup is a free cloud backup service. It supports you to backup to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. It also allows you to combine Dropbox accounts as many as you have to create a huge Combined Cloud, with 50GB or more cloud storage space without payment.
2. Click Storage > select Dropbox as your first cloud drive > hit Authorize Now. Then sign in to your Dropbox account and authorize CBackup to access your Dropbox account.
3. Click Add Cloud, select Dropbox again, and then hit Add to connect another Dropbox account. You can repeat the step to add unlimited Dropbox accounts, or add other cloud accounts from Google Drive and OneDrive for combination.
4. Hit Add Combined Cloud under the Storage tab.
5. Tick all your Dropbox accounts and hit Next.
6. Change the combined order as your preference and click Combine.
For how to backup files to Combined Cloud, you can select Backup PC to Combined Cloud on the Backup screen. Choose files or folders on your PC for backup, pick the Combined Cloud as the target path, and then hit Start Backup.
Frequently Asked Questions about Transferring iCloud Files to Dropbox
There are some common frequently discussed questions about transferring iCloud to Dropbox, they may be useful for you as well.
#1. Can I backup my iPhone to Dropbox instead of iCloud?
You cannot directly backup your iPhone to Dropbox in the same way you can back up to iCloud. Apple's iOS backup system is designed to work with iCloud, and it doesn't offer native support for backing up to third-party cloud services like Dropbox.
However, you can use Dropbox to store specific types of data from your iPhone, such as photos and documents, but this is different from a full device backup. To do this, you can install the Dropbox app on your iPhone and enable the camera upload feature to automatically upload your photos and videos to Dropbox. Here is the guide:
1. Download the Dropbox app from the Apple Store.
2. Sign in the Dropbox.
3. Tap the Account tab in the bottom-right corner, and then choose Settings at the top of the screen and turn on Cameral Uploads. As soon as your iPhone connect to Wi-Fi, your photos and videos will be backed up to Dropbox.
#2. Does iCloud work with Dropbox?
iCloud and Dropbox are separate cloud storage services offered by Apple and Dropbox, respectively. They are not designed to work together directly in the same way that two iCloud accounts can easily share data or Dropbox sync files within its own ecosystem. If you want to transfer files from iCloud to Dropbox (or transfer Dropbox to iCloud), you can download the file from Dropbox and then upload it to iCloud through the respective apps.
#3. How do I merge Dropbox and iCloud?
You cannot directly merge Dropbox and iCloud into a single integrated cloud storage solution because they are separate services offered by different companies. However, you can use them together to manage your data effectively.
It is easy if you need to transfer iCloud to Dropbox on iPhone/Mac/PC. Follow the steps mentioned in the article according to your needs. Apart from that, you can also use CBackup to increase Dropbox free storage space at no cost.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup