4 Effective Ways to Sync OneNote to Google Drive with Guide
To sync OneNote to Google Drive, you can refer to the 4 useful methods in this article for your OneNote files.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
OneNote, plays an important role in daily work and life, providing editing features for notes, pictures, videos, etc. It brings you big convenience to collaborate with others. However, the OneNote data is often saved on hard drives, which can take up much local disk storage space.
As one of the mainstream cloud services, you might choose Google Drive as your own cloud drive to save computer data even though you can sync OneNote to OneDrive automatically. To protect your computer data, you can sync hard drive to Google Drive, but it will cost much more time while syncing. If you just want to sync OneNote to Google Drive, we prepared 4 different methods in the following part. Read on to get them and detailed guidelines.
Generally, there are 4 common ways to sync OneNote with Google Drive. Before syncing, you need to export your OneNote notebook to a local file first.
Go to choose Settings > Print. Then choose Microsoft to PDF > Print > Save.
Click on File on the menu bar, then click on Save As PDF.
After exporting, you can choose any option in the following sections according to your need.
Basically, you can let OneNote sync to Google Drive with web app directly. This method does not require you to download any software. You can do it in a browser, without taking up extra local disk space. But you need to upload OneNote files to Google Drive manually, which means this method is not suitable for you if you have lots of OneNote files to sync.
Let’s see how to sync OneNote with Google Drive manually:
1. Open your browser, and head to the Google Drive website. Log into your Google Drive account then.
2. In the My Drive tab, choose Upload files... or Upload folder.... In the next pop-up window. Just choose your OneNote files or folders in the next pop-up window to sync to Google Drive manually.
If you do not want to open a browser once you want to perform OneNote sync with Google Drive, you can consider using the Google Drive desktop app - Drive for Desktop, which needs you to download and install it on computer. After setting up the sync task for your OneNote files, Drive for Desktop can help you sync them automatically.
Follow the guideline here to set up Drive for Desktop for your OneNote files:
1. First, download and install the Drive for Desktop app on your computer. Launch the desktop client, and click on Sign in with browser to sign into your Google Drive account.
2. Next, click on My Computer on the left panel. Click on the Add folder button to choose the folder that includes your OneNote files.
3. On this page, choose the Sync with Google Drive option. Then, click on Done.
4. After configuration, choose the Save button. Drive for Desktop will perform auto sync folder to Google Drive then.
In addition to the 2 traditional ways to sync OneNote with Google Drive, there is another method - using a free cloud backup service called CBackup. In CBackup, you can sync OneNote to Google Drive manually or automatically as you like.
Now, download and install the CBackup client for free. Then let’s see how to sync OneNote to Google Drive quickly.
1. Sign up for a new CBackup account and run the CBackup app to log into your account.
2. Go to choose the Storage tab on the left menu. And choose Google Drive > Authorize Now. Please follow the simple instructions to let CBackup access to your Google Drive account.
3. Click on the Sync tab on the left menu. On the Create Sync Task page, click on Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose your OneNote files as the sync source. Then pick a folder in the Google Drive account you just added as the sync destination. Finally, press the Start Sync button to sync OneNote to Google Drive quickly.
Since your OneNote files will be saved on OneDrive automatically, you can choose to sync OneNote from OneDrive to Google Drive. To do it easily, you can use the cloud to cloud sync feature in CBackup directly:
1. Go to the CBackup website. Log into your CBackup account.
2. In the My Storage section, click on the + button to add your OneDrive and Google Drive accounts in turn.
3. Then go to the Sync Tasks section, press the New Task button to create a new cloud to cloud sync task.
4. Next, press the Add Source button to choose OneDrive, press the Add Destination button to choose your Google Drive account.
5. After the above, select the Start Sync button to start sync OneNote from OneDrive to Google Drive easily.
Since you may have more and more files and data to save on Google Drive, the free 15GB cloud storage space will use up in a short time. In CBackup, you can increase Google Drive storage for free by merging multiple Google Drive accounts together.
Here is the easy guideline to use the combine cloud storage feature in CBackup:
1. Likewise, add your Google Drive accounts to CBackup. You can add all your Google Drive accounts.
2. In the Storage section, choose + Add Combined Cloud.
2. Choose the Google Drive accounts that you want to merge, then click on Next. After determining the order of these Google Drive accounts, choose Combine to form a combined cloud with larger cloud storage.
After the above, you can use the combined cloud as a backup destination by choosing Backup PC to Combined Cloud under the Backup tab.
Reading here, you have known how to sync OneNote to Google Drive manually or automatically. You can choose a traditional sync method, or a free cloud service named CBackup to sync OneNote effectively.