OneNote is a program provided by Microsoft, which helps you to save notes, audio, photos, videos, etc. OneNote saves all your data in the hard drive, which is at the attack of system crashes, local disasters, and more.
To protect your OneNote data better, you may want an efficient way to migrate data to cloud. If you are using OneNote for Windows 10 or 11, your OneNote will be synced to OneDrive automatically. So, here comes the question “how do I change where my OneNote syncs to” if you don’t want to sync OneNote to OneDrive. You can go to FILE > Options > Save & Backup and do it by clicking Modify.
As another option for sync destination, Dropbox is one of the most popular and useful cloud services, providing outstanding file sharing and sync features. Can you sync OneNote to Dropbox? Since there is no way in OneNote to help you sync OneNote to Dropbox, you can use another easy way to sync OneNote to Dropbox cloud automatically.
How to sync OneNote to Dropbox easily
Then, here comes the easiest way to sync OneNote with Dropbox - a free cloud backup service called CBackup, which provides a professional cloud sync feature. With CBackup, you can sync your OneNote files to Dropbox directly.
There is a Scheduler feature in CBackup and you can use it for free. With the help of it, you can create Dropbox automatic sync without any effort. And there are 4 different time modes for your sync task. You can choose one according to the sync frequency you need.
In addition, you can choose to sync files to other mainstream cloud drives like OneDrive and Google Drive. At the same time, CBackup provides 10GB free cloud storage in CBackup Cloud which can be the backup destination as well.
Now, let’s see how to sync OneNote to Dropbox automatically via CBackup:
Note: Before syncing OneNote to Dropbox, please export your OneNote notebook first. Just launch OneNote to choose the File tab on the top, then click on Export on the left menu. And you can choose any file format you want to export.
1. Frist, please download and set up the CBackup desktop app on your computer. Sign up for an account and run the desktop client to log into your account.
2. In CBackup, click on Storage in the left panel, and choose Dropbox > Authorize Now. Please grant CBackup access to your Dropbox account.
3. Then, switch to the Sync option on the left menu, then select Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. You can click the Settings button on the left bottom to enable the Scheduler feature so that your sync task will be performed automatically with a specified frequency you choose.
5. Choose the OneNote files on your PC as the sync source. Then choose a folder in the Dropbox account you just added as the sync destination. After that, choose the Start Sync button to begin OneNote Dropbox sync.
How to backup OneNote to Dropbox
While Microsoft does not offer a sync feature for OneNote users, one useful feature offered is the ability to create a backup for OneNote. For this, you can backup your OneNote data to your computer and upload it to Dropbox manually. Here is the guideline to do it step by step:
1. First, go to OneNote and choose File > Option. Select Save & Backup in the dialog box. Then choose Backup Folder and Modify. Choose your OneNote files to backup to your computer.
2. Click on the Back Up All Notebooks Now button.
After backing up your OneNote files to your computer, there are 2 ways to backup OneNote to Dropbox. You can choose one as you like.
Option 1. Upload OneNote files to Dropbox on website
This method does not need to download extra software. Just go to the Dropbox website, and log into your account. Choose Upload files in the right panel and upload your OneNote files manually.
Option 2. Upload OneNote files to Dropbox on desktop
In this way, you need to download and install the Dropbox desktop application on your computer first. Then you will have a Dropbox folder on your PC, just drag and drop your OneNote files into this folder. Then they will be uploaded to Dropbox.
How do I share OneNote between devices
You may have multiple devices like a desktop and a laptop used in daily life and work. Transfer files between laptop and desktop can be a complex thing for you. But there is a free feature in CBackup called cloud to cloud sync which can help you to do it with ease.
You can use 2 different cloud drive accounts on your devices, then use the cloud to cloud sync feature to share OneNote between devices on one device directly:
1. Go to the CBackup website. Log into your account first.
2. In the Storage tab, click on the + Add Cloud button to add cloud drives you need.
3. Then click on the Sync Tasks tab, and choose the New Task button to create a new cloud to cloud sync task.
4. Next, press the Add Source button to choose the cloud drive that saves your OneNote files, press the Add Destination button to choose the cloud drive on your target device.
5. After the above, select the Start Sync button to share OneNote files between devices easily.
Note: What’s more, you may use some other efficient features in CBackup as follow:
Combine cloud storage: To get more cloud storage space for backup, CBackup allows you to merge multiple Dropbox accounts or other cloud drive accounts into one combined cloud for a larger cloud storage space.
Backup to public cloud: CBackup also provides a professional backup feature to backup data from a PC to different mainstream cloud drives, including Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. Create a backup to cloud can protect your data better for unlimited backup versions and easy recovery features in CBackup.
To sum up
Now, you have known how to sync OneNote to Dropbox. The easiest way is to use a cloud service called CBackup to help you. Your OneNote files can be synced to Dropbox automatically with the help of CBackup. And you can try more free features in it as well.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup