As an outstanding cloud storage service, OneDrive has attracted a lot of users like you. It provides many easy-to-use features to make your daily work and life more convenient. However, you may encounter some OneDrive sync issues unfortunately like OneDrive not syncing, OneDrive always showing syncing, and more.
If you have tried many solutions to fix such a OneDrive sync error but it did not work, you will want to reset OneDrive to reset all OneDrive settings and solve OneDrive sync issues completely. For OneDrive on different devices, there are some different ways to reset OneDrive. For further information, please keep reading the following part.
How to reset OneDrive on your computer
Generally, you will perform OneDrive sync from PC to cloud on your computer in daily work and life. Here we will introduce how to reset OneDrive on Windows and on Mac. You can choose the method that is suitable for your computer.
Part 1. Reset OneDrive on Windows
To reset OneDrive on Windows 10, 11, 8, 7, and other versions of the Windows operating system, you need to use the OneDrive reset command. Detailed steps are listed as follows:
1. Press the Windows and R keys at the same time. Then you will see a Run window.
2. Input the OneDrive reset command in the blank: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
Then click on OK.
If you see the “Windows cannot find...” message, input the command C:\Program Files\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and click OK.
If you see the “Windows cannot find...” message, input the command C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and click OK.
3. After the above, go to the Start menu and find OneDrive. Click it to restart OneDrive.
Part 2. Reset OneDrive on Mac
On Mac devices, the steps to reset OneDrive are quite different. Here is a detailed guideline to reset OneDrive on Mac. If you are a Mac user, it is helpful to you.
1. Quit your OneDrive first. Then go to the Applications folder to locate OneDrive. Right-click on it to choose Show Package Contents.
2. Navigate to Contents < Resources folder. Find ResetOneDriveApp.command (or ResetOneDriveAppStandalone.command and please double-click on it.
3. After the above, restart your OneDrive and finish the setup process properly.
How to reset OneDrive on your phone
OneDrive also provides a mobile app for you. Thus, you can backup Android to OneDrive or back up iOS data to OneDrive on your phone directly. When you meet some OneDrive errors on your phone, how to reset OneDrive then? No matter what type of phone you are using, you can refer to the tutorial here.
Part 1. Reset OneDrive on Android
If you are using an Android mobile phone, please follow the steps here to reset OneDrive on your phone.
1. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Choose OneDrive here.
2. On this page, press the Force Stop button.
3. After that, go to Storage & cache to Clear storage and Clear cache.
3. After that, uninstall OneDrive on your phone. Then reinstall OneDrive from Google Play.
Part 2. Reset OneDrive on iOS
On an iOS device, you can also uninstall and reinstall the OneDrive application to reset it. Here is the easy guideline to do it.
1. Just press and hold the OneDrive icon on your desktop. Then you will see the pop-up window. Choose Remove App.
2. When you see this message to confirm the deletion, choose the Delete App option.
Tip: Another way to sync to OneDrive effectively
If you do not want to reset OneDrive sync issues in different ways, you can consider switching to another way to sync files to OneDrirve without any error - a free cloud backup service called CBackup.
As a comprehensive cloud service for backup and sync, CBackup allows you to sync data to OneDrive and other cloud drives like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. directly.
2. Click on Storage in the left taskbar. Choose OneDrive > Authorize Now. You need to follow the step-by-step instructions to let CBackup access your OneDrive account safely with OAuth Authorization System.
3. Next, choose the Sync icon on the left menu, and click on Sync PC to Public Cloud on the right page.
4. You can select any file as the sync source. And choose a OneDrive folder as the sync destination. After the above, click on the Start Sync button to sync files from local to OneDrive quickly.
Tip: You can set a sync schedule on the Settings page for automated OneDrive sync for free. And there are 4 different time modes for you to choose from.
★ Notes: In CBackup, you can try many backup and sync features for free.
In addition to syncing, you can set up backup tasks for your files to the cloud including OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
If you want to transfer or back up files between different cloud drive accounts, you do not need to switch between different clients. Just use the cloud to cloud sync or cloud to cloud backup features in CBackup for free.
The bottom line
We provide 4 different ways to reset OneDrive on Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS. You can find the most suitable method here according to your device. If you are always troubled with OneDrive sync issues, we highly recommend you a free cloud service called CBackup. You can increase OneDrive storage for free in it.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup