How to Get OneDrive Full Backup on Windows PC?
In this post, you will learn three ways to get OneDrive full backup. Besides, we introduce a tool to you that would protect your backup files efficiently.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
A full backup is a process of backing up at least one copy of users' data files that they expected to be duplicated. Generally, applications, operating systems, and software can not be copied during a full backup. Backing up fully demands copying a large volume of data. It could be time-consuming, but it is the best data protection option to backup your data as a complete set.
"I got a OneDrive account with huge storage space, and now I want to backup all my computer files to OneDrive. Can I backup all my computer files to OneDrive? If yes, how does OneDrive full backup make?"
With the increase in the total amount of personal data and the increase in the cost of hard disk storage, more and more people tend to store their important data in clouds. OneDrive is one of the famous personal cloud storage, which allows file backup, data sync, and folders and files sharing. It gives you the ability to access your files on your PC or mobile devices.
However, there would be times that your computer goes to malfunction, or it needs to be switched to a new one. You may wanna backup entire PC to OneDrive. So, keep reading to get the information about PC full backup to OneDrive in detail.
Generally speaking, full computer backup to OneDrive can be done in 3 ways, through the OneDrive client app, the official web, and third-party software. But before backup tasks begin, you should ensure that your unused storage space of OneDrive is enough to store all the files that you want to backup. Let's learn how to get full PC backup to OneDrive in detail.
Through the OneDrive client app, you can get PC auto backup to the cloud easily. Please follow the steps below to get it done:
1. Download and install the OneDrive desktop app. If you are a Windows 10 user, OneDrive has already baked into Windows.
2. Open the OneDrive app, or select the Start button to search for OneDrive in Windows 10, and open it. Then, you can sign in with your OneDrive/Microsoft account to set up OneDrive.
3. After that, follow the on-screen instructions to finish your backup location setup.
4. Then, check the folders you want to backup to the OneDrive cloud, and click Next.
5. Now you can find all your backup data in the OneDrive folder, and it will automatically sync to the cloud. You can drag and drop files to this folder to backup files as well.
If you don’t want to download the OneDrive desktop app, you can also make OneDrive full backup your computer through the OneDrive web. Here is what to do:
1. Go to the OneDrive official website, and sign in with your account.
2. Click on the Upload button, choose files or folders, and locate the data that you want to backup.
In addition to the above two methods, you can also backup entire computer to OneDrive with a professional cloud service, such as CBackup, which supports PC to cloud backup automatically, and you can restore data at any time. Compared with the above 2 methods, using a third-party tool, like CBackup, can save both your time and effort.
1. Download and install CBackup for free. Register an account, and sign in to it.
2. Click on My Storage in the middle of three tabs on the left and hit Add Cloud to choose OneDrive to click Add and complete its authorization.
☛Note: CBackup’s authorization system is based on OAuth, which enables CBackup to access your could accounts without saving your login information like cloud account and password. Only with your own permission can CBackup connect your cloud drive account. So, there is no necessity to doubt the safety of CBackup.
3. Then click on the Backup Tasks tab, and Create New Task.
4. Rename the Task Name and hit Add Source to select PC files or folders you expect to backup OneDrive.
5. Click on the Add Destination position, and choose Single Cloud > OneDrive, and press OK. Finally, tap Start Backup to backup files to cloud free.
Since people are more intent to store their vital data to clouds, like OneDrive, there would be plenty of potential risks that threaten data safety, for example, program broken down, human errors, hacker attacks, and so forth.
Thus, if you don’t want to experience data loss, you can protect your OneDrive backup files by duplicating them to other clouds, like Google Drive cloud in advance. To make it done effectively, you can have a cloud to cloud transfer service - CBackup.
It provides a huge storage cloud with a reasonable price and allows to manage more than one account, like Google Drive accounts, Dropbox accounts, OneDrive accounts, and others with one login at the same time. Apart from that, it can combine idle space of multiple cloud drives to backup for free. Let’s see how to make OneDrive cloud backup to Google Drive cloud done:
1. Apply for a CBackup account and sign in.
2. In the My Storage tab, click + > Add Cloud on the top, select OneDrive, and hit Add. Then, you should sign in to your OneDrive account and authorize it to CBackup. Add Google Drive to CBackup in the same way.
3. Click on Backup Tasks > New Task to start your OneDrive cloud backup.
4. Then, click the Add Source button to choose OneDrive as your backup source. Choose Google Drive as the destination of your backup task, and hit Start Backup.
✎Note: You can click on the Setting button, to enable schedule backup, email notification for backup tasks’ success or failure, and file filter features.
That’s all about OneDrive full backup in three different ways. You can choose one of them to make your task done. In addition, if you are worried about data loss in clouds, it is highly recommended to protect your backup files by cloud to cloud data mirroring with CBackup, which can help you a lot.