3 Free OneDrive Backup Software and How-to Guides
Looking for OneDrive backup solution to backup everything on OneDrive? Please try the top 3 free OneDrive backup software to do OneDrive online backup or backup OneDrive to NAS.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
How to backup OneDrive easily?
I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. However, I don't like the idea of OneDrive being the only place where all of my data is kept as a whole. Therefore, I have a desktop computer that is setup with OneDrive where everything in OneDrive is set to "always keep on this device". and for me, it’s not enough, I want to perform a OneDrive online backup and do incremental backups regularly. Are there NAS devices or any other OneDrive backup solutions that do this work for me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
- Question from answers.microsoft.com
Is there any OneDrive backup software or other OneDrive backup solutions, please keep reading the below words to get answers.
Frankly speaking, there are three free backup software for OneDrive to perform OneDrive backup and restore if you want to backup OneDrive to other locations, cloud or NAS.
The free cloud backup service CBackup help yous to backup OneDrive to another cloud directly.
Synology Cloud Sync to backup OneDrive to Synology NAS.
QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync provides two-way sync to sync OneDrive to QNAP NAS.
Here are we will explain the detailed steps of OneDrive backup software for you to help you backup OneDrive easily.
It’s strongly recommended to try the free cloud backup service if you are intending to backup OneDrive to another cloud. The free cloud backup service CBackup provides the following convenience for OneDrive.
Backup OneDrive to another OneDrive account easily, Google Drive, or Dropbox as long as you have the enough cloud storage to hold all the data from OneDrive. Besides, you could use the Version Cleanup to manage your backup versions easily.
Provides powerful features for OneDrive cloud backup, Enable Schedule Backup to backup OneDrive regularly (at a specific time, daily, weekly, or monthly), Email Notification will send you the email alert after the backup finished success or failure, File Filter is capable of including or excluding file types as you want, or backup all file types, etc.
Transfer data from OneDrive to another cloud (or vice versa) directly without downloading and uploading.
Increase OneDrive storage space for free if your OneDrive is (almost) full. Your OneDrive storage space will be filled quickly especially you use OneDrive as a backup.
1. Please download and install CBackup desktop app, create a CBackup account and sign in.
2. Tap the My Storage tab on the left panel, and then click + Add Cloud, and choose OneDrive, then hit Add. Then get the authority from OneDrive to allow CBackup to access your OneDrive files.
3. Modify the Display Name and Storage path for OneDrive, and tick the Note option, then hit OK.
4. Repeat the above steps to add other cloud drives, like Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
1. Select Backup Tasks > New Task > Cloud Files > Next to create a new backup task.
2. Edit the Task Name if required, click Add Source and tick OneDrive option to backup everything on OneDrive (or you could select individual OneDrive folders as the source), and click OK.
3. Press Add Destination > Single Cloud, then choose Google Drive and press OK.
4. Tap the Settings button at the bottom left, tick Schedule under the Schedule tab, choose One time only, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly, and click OK.
5. Press the Start Backup button to backup OneDrive to Google Drive with the free OneDrive backup software automatically.
Synology Cloud Sync will sync files between OneDrive and Synology NAS, and enable powerful features like Schedule settings, encryption, and more to protect your data well. The steps to backup OneDrive to Synology NAS with Synology Cloud Sync listed below.
1. Please install Synology Cloud Sync and perform the program.
2. Select Microsoft OneDrive and click Next.
3. Then choose a folder in Synology NAS as the Local path, and choose OneDrive Root folder as the Remote path, and select Download remote changes only or bidirectional in Sync direction.
4. Click the Schedule settings to set up the frequency to backup OneDrive to Synology NAS.
5. Hit Apply to confirm settings and start backing up OneDrive to Synology NAS.
Then it will start syncing files from OneDrive to Synology NAS.
QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync only provides the two-way sync to backup OneDrive to QNAP NAS and enables you to set up the conflict policy, schedule settings, rules for OneDrive backup, etc. Follow the below text to backup OneDrive to QNAP NAS easily.
1. Please open Hybrid Backup Sync, tap the Sync tab, then select Two-way Sync Job.
2. Select OneDrive as the destination storage space, sign in to your OneDrive account to allow Hybrid Backup Sync to access your OneDrive files and tick your OneDrive account, and click Next.
3. Rename the Job Name, Description, and choose the source folder in QNAP NAS and the OneDrive root folder as the destination folder, click Next.
4. Set the job schedule and rules for QNAP OneDrive sync.
5. Click Create if you confirm to sync QNAP NAS and OneDrive bidirectional.
6. Click Sync Now on the top right to perform QNAP OneDrive sync.
How to backup data on OneDrive easily? The above three OneDrive backup software could help you a lot:
Try free cloud backup service CBackup to backup OneDrive to another cloud, or transfer files from other cloud drives to OneDrive easily If you want to perform cloud to cloud backup. Besides, CBackup offers the desktop app, which allows you to backup computer files to cloud, like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.
Try Synology Cloud Sync or QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync if you want to backup OneDrive to NAS or backup NAS to OneDrive.