Setup Microsoft Word Backup: Easiest Way Here
This article will show you how to create Microsoft Word backup in four different ways. If you happen to need this, please read on to learn the detailed steps.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
As Microsoft Office users, we have all endured the loss of unsaved documents, which also means all the efforts will be in vain if there is a power off or computer breakdown.
Microsoft Word backup can solve the problem of file loss due to situations such as not saving files in time and computer crashes. Thus, you may wonder whether Microsoft Word can backup files for safekeeping. Actually, the answer is yes.
Backing up your documents is always a good thing to do, but not always something we remember to do. Microsoft Word can automatically create backup of your Word document every time you save it. Next, we’ll show you how to do it.
We list 4 ways for Microsoft Word backup in the following, including local backup and cloud backup, please continue reading this article to learn how to back up documents.
Microsoft allows you to backup word documents in local. If the program crashes or your computer accidentally losses power, Word documents backup is the guaranteed way of retaining a valid copy of your work.
Here are the steps:
1. Click the FILE button.
2. On the backstage screen, click Options in the list of items on the left.
3. On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced tab and choose Allow background saves.
4. If you want to create backup copy, please find Save group and check the box of Always create backup copy.
✎Note: Please do not forget to hit OK at the bottom.
Here we introduce the third party software for Microsoft Word automatic backup, AOMEI Backupper Standrad, which is a free and simple program. Unlike other backup ways, AOMEI Backupper Standrad will not consume a lot of local storage and can
backup to more spaces, for instance: NAS, USB, external hard drive.
If you want to have a try, just follow these steps:
1. Download the AOMEI Backuppepr Standard and launch it.
2. Choose the Backup tab and then click File Backup.
3. Next, click Add Folder or Add File to add your files or folders on PC.
4. Choose the folder button to select the external hard drive, USB or other storage devices as the backup destination.
✎Tip: If you want it to back up your files automatically, you can click the Schedule button to set up scheduled backup settings.
5. Then, please do not forget click Start Backup to backup files to external hard drive.
This way is pretty convenient for some Windows PC users, on account of that OneDrive built in Windows 10/11, thus you can back up your important folders (your Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders) on your Windows PC with OneDrive PC folder backup, so they're protected and available on other devices.
Steps are as follows:
1. Download and install the OneDrive desktop app on your computer.
2. After click Get Started, Sign in your Microsoft account.
3. On the This is your OneDrive folder page, click Next tab to accept the default folder location for your OneDrive files.
4. Click Help & Settings>Settings, then Backup>Manage backup.
5. In the Back up your folders dialog box, check the folders that you want to back up are selected.
6. Then, click start backup button.
Compared with backup files to an external hard drives or SD card, backing up Microsoft Word document to the cloud can give your data stronger protection, a process that requires the help of a professional cloud backup product. Here we provide the best cloud backup option-CBackup, which is a professional cloud backup service that specializes in PC to cloud backup and cloud to cloud backup.
CBackup not only has infinite possibilities when it comes to storage space, but also it's a safer and convenient way to back up your files. This software empower you to make instant and scheduled backups for computer files to clouds. It also provides highlighted features, for instance: unlimited version management, file filter, email notifications, and so on to make cloud backup easier.
Now, let’s see how to make Microsoft Word backup document to cloud via CBackup for free:
1. Download and install it on your computer. Run it and sign up.
2. Click Add Cloud tab and select the cloud drive type to be added in the My Storage window, then click Add.
✎Note: When adding a cloud drive, CBackup will direct you to the cloud drive provider's authorization server. In such case, CBackup never saves your login information like cloud account and password.
3. Select the Backup Tasks, click on New Task, and pick Local Files on the pop-up page.
4. Click on Add Source to select the PC files that you want to backup to CBackup Cloud. And then click on Add Destination to choose cloud drive type.
5. Click Start Backup to backup your Windows PC files to cloud.
✎Tip: Before you start a task, you can click the Settings button and provision the appropriate options to help make the backup task easier.
According to the contents above, you can know about four ways to setup Microsoft Word backup. In fact, the first three ways is a little bit complicated, so, you are suggested to choose backup to cloud with CBackup, which can save you much time and effort. What's more, the backup feature of CBackup is free, why not give it a try?