Top 4 Ways to Perform Microsoft Word Backup Automatically
This article will show you how to create Microsoft Word backup in four different ways. If you happen to need this, please read on to learn the detailed steps.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
As Microsoft Office users, we have all endured the loss of unsaved documents, which also means all the efforts will be in vain if there is a power off or computer breakdown.
Microsoft Word backup can solve the problem of file loss due to situations such as not saving files in time and computer crashes. Thus, you may wonder whether Microsoft Word can backup files for safekeeping. Actually, the answer is yes.
Backing up your documents is always a good thing to do, but not always something we remember to do. Microsoft Word can automatically create backup of your Word document every time you save it. Next, we’ll show you how to do it.
We list 4 ways for Microsoft Word backup in the following, including local backup and cloud backup, please continue reading this article to learn how to back up documents.
Microsoft allows you to backup word documents locally. If the program crashes or your computer accidentally losses power, Word documents backup is the guaranteed way of retaining a valid copy of your work.
Here are the steps:
1. Click the FILE button in Microsoft Word.
2. On the backstage screen, click Options in the list of items on the left.
3. On the Word Options dialog box, click the Advanced tab and choose Allow background saves.
4. If you want to create a backup copy, please find the Save group and check the box Always create backup copy, and hit OK.
After that, you will get a Microsoft Word backup document prefixed with .wbk when you save the Word. Generally speaking, you could find the backup files of your Word documents in the following path if you have a Microsoft 365 subscription.
Here we introduce the third-party software for Microsoft Word automatic backup, AOMEI Backupper Standard, which is a free and simple program. Unlike other backup ways, AOMEI Backupper Standard can backup Microsoft Word to a local disk, NAS, USB, SD card, or external hard drive, and many more.
If you want to have a try, just follow these steps:
1. Download the AOMEI Backuppepr Standard and launch it.
2. Choose the Backup tab and then click File Backup.
3. Next, click Add Folder or Add File to add your Microsoft Word Documents on your computer.
4. Choose the folder button to select the external hard drive, USB, or other storage devices as the backup destination.
✎Tip: If you want it to back up your files automatically, you can click the Schedule button to set up scheduled backup settings.
5. Then, please do not forget to click Start Backup to do Microsoft Word backup easily.
This way is pretty convenient for some Windows PC users, on account of that OneDrive built-in Windows 10/11, thus you can back up your important folders (your Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders) on your Windows PC with OneDrive PC folder backup, so they're protected and available on other devices.
The steps are as follows:
1. Download and install the OneDrive desktop app on your computer.
2. After clicking Get Started, Sign in to your Microsoft account.
3. On the This is your OneDrive folder page, click Next tab to accept the default folder location for your OneDrive files.
4. Click Help & Settings > Settings, then Backup > Manage backup.
5. In the Back up your folders dialog box, check the folders you want to backup are selected.
6. Then, click the Start backup button to backup Microsoft Word files.
Compared with backup files to external hard drives or SD cards, backing up Microsoft Word documents to the cloud can give your data stronger protection, a process that requires the help of a professional cloud backup product. Here we provide the best cloud backup option - CBackup, which is a professional cloud backup service that specializes in PC to cloud backup and cloud to cloud backup.
CBackup not only has infinite possibilities when it comes to storage space, but also it's a safer and more convenient way to back up your files. This software empowers you to make instant and scheduled backups for computer files to clouds. It also provides highlighted features, for instance: unlimited version management, file filter, email notifications, and so on to make cloud backup easier.
It supports mainstream clouds like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and so on.
Now, let’s see how to make a Microsoft Word backup document to Google Drive via CBackup for free:
1. Download and install it on your computer. Run it and sign up.
2. Click Add Clouds tab in the My Storage window, select Google Drive, then click Add.
3. Select the Backup, and click on Backup PC to Public Cloud.
4. Select the Microsoft Word files that you want to backup. And then choose Google Drive as the destination.
5. Click Start Backup to backup your Microsoft Word files to Google Drive easily.
Moreover, If you would like to sync Microsoft Word documents to the cloud like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and more easily, CBackup will do you a big favor. Meanwhile, you could merge multiple cloud drives into one huge backup space, even free unlimited cloud storage space via CBackup if your Google Drive storage space gets full.
According to the contents above, you can learn about four ways to set up a Microsoft Word backup. In fact, the first three ways are a little bit complicated, so, you are suggested to choose backup to cloud with CBackup, which can save you much time and effort. What's more, CBackup offers you the free 10GB cloud storage space of CBackup Cloud, and you could upgrade to 1TB or more at a good price if you're planning to store more important files, just give it a try.