4 Free Ways to Backup Entire Hard Drive to Cloud
Don’t know how to backup entire hard drive to cloud? Here are the 4 ways and detailed steps listed below, please keep reading.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
How to backup everything on hard drive to cloud?
I am looking for a solution to protect my hard drive files, I just find my 1TB external hard drive failed and all my backups get lost, it’s frustrating. How to make my backups safe or is there any way to backup hard drive to cloud? Please help.
As a matter of fact, your data will be safe if you comply with the 3-2-1 backup strategy, that is creating at least three copies of your data, and save two backup copies on different storage media, keep one of them offsite. As for online hard drive backup, just try the following effective solutions to backup entire hard drive to cloud easily.
In this part, we will work you through the detailed steps to backup HDD to cloud, let’s get started.
To safeguard your critical data on your hard drive, it’s strongly recommended to try the free cloud backup service CBackup, which allows you to back up the whole hard drive, even multiple hard drives to cloud, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. The data is stored on your own cloud, it’s quite safe.
Here is how to backup hard drive to cloud with detailed instructions (we will take backup hard drive to OneDrive as an example).
1. Please download CBackup desktop app and sign up for free, then sign in.
2. Click My Storage tab on the left side, then choose + Add Cloud, then choose OneDrive and click Add. Then follow the on-screen guide to complete the authority and the OneDrive information.
3. Hit Backup Tasks > + New Task > Local Files > Next to create a new cloud HDD backup.
4. Rename the Task Name if required, then click Add Source to select the entire hard drive, click Add Destination > Single Cloud > OneDrive.
5. Press the Start Backup button to backup hard drive to OneDrive easily and automatically.
Now, your hard drive files has been backed up to cloud. What’s more, CBackup has other useful features could help your for cloud data protection:
Google Drive provides the biggest free cloud storage space on the cloud market, which is 15GB. Therefore, if you have a Google Drive account, not matter personal or business account, you could backup hard drive file to Google Drive. Please guarantee that Google Drive has enough storage space to store the entire hard drive data.
You have 2 ways to backup hard drive to Google Drive, One is manually upload files and folders on your hard drive to your Google Drive account with Google Drive website, that’s not the recommended way. Another is download Google Drive for desktop, and then use the app to upload hard drive files, here are the steps:
1. Please download and install Google Drive for desktop, then configure Google Drive settings.
2. Click Add folders in My Computer tab while configuring Google Drive for desktop app, then choose any files and folders on your hard drive to backup.
3. Then your entire hard drive files has been keep on your Google Drive.
After downloading Google Drive for desktop, your computer will inform a Google Drive folder located at C:/User/(your username)/Google Drive, and you could move the hard drive files and folders to that Google Drive folder to move data from hard drive to Google Drive. As you can see, All of them are manual way and it’s not easy to backup the entire hard drive data.
OneDrive offers you free 5GB cloud storage space, if you need more cloud storage space, please choose a subscription plan and then backup hard drive to OneDrive manually:
To backup hard drive to OneDrive, you can only backup files on the hard drive to OneDrive manually, and here are the steps.
1. Install OneDrive desktop app, and set up for PC folder backup while configuring.
2. Then follow the wizard to finish the hard drive cloud backup.
3. Or, you could click the OneDrive icon on system tray, then select Help & Settings, then hit Backup tab, and press the Manage backup button.
4. Then choose the hard drive files to backup to OneDrive automatically.
Of course, there is another popular cloud drives, which is Dropbox. And Dropbox only provides 2GB free cloud storage, that maybe not enough for your cloud backup needs. If you need, just follow the steps to backup hard drive Dropbox:
1. Please install Dropbox desktop app, then sign in your Dropbox account.
2. Click your avatar icon > Preferences > Backups, then click Set up under This PC section.
3. Tick your desktop, documents, downloads folder, or hit Add folders to add other folders on hard drive that you would like to backup to Dropbox.
Compared with Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive, CBackup is the best way to backup entire hard drive to cloud, just follow the above instructions to get hard drive to be backed up. If your cloud storage space is not enough, you could also use CBackup to combine cloud storage space into a large backup space, even unlimited free cloud storage space.