Best Online Backup for Home PC | Backup Computer for Free
Need to know the best online backup for home PC? Refer to this post, then you can do an easy and free computer backup to the cloud.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
I have a lot of game data and private files stored on my home computer and was looking for a suitable backup solution. Though I had created copies of my important data on an external hard drive, I was beginning to wonder if local backups were a good option. The data is important to me and I can't afford to lose it. I am considering creating online backups for it, so what is the best online backup for home PC? I have about 1TB of data that needs to be backed up.
Everyone may store some very precious files on their personal computers. Creating computer backups is a powerful measure to protect data. If you are also looking for the best home PC cloud backup software, continue to read to get more details.
Online backup, also known as cloud backup, is one of the most commonly used PC backup storage. Which is better, local backup or cloud backup, is a hot topic. With the dramatic increase in data over the last few years, cloud backup is becoming a more popular data backup option.
There are several merits of data online backup:
◆Online storage of data is usually encrypted to ensure the security of all data.
◆Storing data off-site online makes it more secure and keeps it away from computer crashes, hard drive corruption, etc.
◆No hardware storage device is required, so the initial cost required is lower.
◆Storage space is scalable, and even unlimited storage space is available.
◆Backup data can be automatically synchronized between multiple devices for easier data access.
Now, let’s get into the four best cloud storage for home computers and how to back up computers easily.
CBackup is the best online backup for personal use that lets you back up your entire computer, including files, folders, partitions, and system files to the cloud for free without any hassle. This backup option gives you more flexibility in backup destinations. For example, you can choose to backup computer to OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, CBackup Cloud (10GB free space and offer 5TB storage for $14.99/month), etc.
It creates incremental backups for computer data, which saves time and storage space. Data restore can be done in quick steps and is totally free, and it allows you to recover data to a new computer instead of only the original device.
1. Run the CBackup desktop app, sign up for it, and then sign in to the desktop.
2. Go to the Backup tab and choose Backup PC to CBackup Cloud.
3. Select items by expanding the directory for backup and pick the wanted cloud destination. You can backup external hard drives to Google Drive, OneDrive, and other clouds as well.
4. Click on Start Backup to create a cloud backup for your home computer effortlessly.
In Backup Settings, you can enable PC auto backup in Scheduler, set up backup task notification in Email Notification, and exclude/include certain files for backup in File Filter.
iDrive is another one of the best online backup for home computers with some unique features and great security. It allows you to back up multiple computers and it supports file sharing, end-to-end encryption, NAS backup, disk clone, and so on. Its free plan includes 5GB and it offers up to 10TB of storage for individual use.
1. Run the iDrive client on your computer and sign in.
2. In the Backup tab, commonly-used folders are selected for backup by default, and you can click Change to modify the backup items.
3. Tap Backup Now to start an instant PC data backup to the cloud.
Carbonite can backup and restore data as fast as your internet allows, classified as one of the best cloud backup for home computers. It is famous for unlimited data backup and its encrypted cloud. It has no limitations on backup file types and it offers easy access on mobile devices for data backups.
1. Install Carbonite on your computer and log in.
2. Then, there will be a Carbonite Backup Drive on your computer and it will display your backed up files and folders.
3. If you want to backup other files or hard drives, right-click the item, select Carbonite > Back this up.
Google Drive, released by Google, is a popular and best online backup for home PC. It enables you to save computer files and folders online and access them anywhere from any mobile device (smartphones and tablets). It gives every user 15GB of free storage space and provides file synchronization from cloud to local. Allowing easy file sharing and online editing, it is also a good collaboration tool.
1. Launch Google Drive software on your computer and sign in with your Google account. After launching, you will see a Google Drive disk on the PC.
2. Choose the staff you need to backup with Google Drive, copy and paste it to the Google Drive disk, and it will be uploaded to the cloud automatically.
We have rounded up the top 4 best online backup for home PC and stepwise guides on how to backup computer files. You can choose the best one for you to back up your PC data online for protection.
If you don’t know which one to choose, you can give CBackup a try. It not only offers you to backup computer to multiple cloud drives, but also provides you with other robust features like computer sync, cloud to cloud backup, cloud storage combination, and so forth.