3 Easy ways to Backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10
This post will show you how to backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10 with ease. And all of them are for free. You can read on to learn more information about them.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Windows 10 Sticky Notes is an application that allows you to note down your thoughts and prompts. You can use it to record your important information. But it's not a text file, so it can't be moved and modified at will like a text file.
However, if you find the location of the file that holds your Sticky Notes information on your computer, then you can backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10 easily.
To set up a Sticky Notes backup in Windows 10, you need to find the files that store its information first. Unlike previous older Windows systems, in Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607 and later, the file that stores Sticky Notes information should be a .sqlite file.
We have provided some paths where you can try to find the file you want.
Note: Please check Hide items in the View tab in File Explorer.
If your device is based on the system since Windows 10 Anniversary Update Version 1607, your Sticky Notes information will be stored in the plum.sqlite file, and you can go to the path:
If you use the system version before Windows 10 Version 1511, your Sticky Notes information will be stored in the StickyNotes.snt file. You need to go to the path:
After locating the files storing your Sticky Notes information, you can get to creating Sticky Notes backup in Windows 10 with the methods below.
So, how to set up Windows 10 Sticky Notes backup in an easy way? Here we prepared 3 different solutions for you and you can refer to them.
Basically, you can use a manual method - copy and paste the files with Sticky Notes to any
location, including local drives, USB flash drive, and so on. But if you want to copy and paste Sticky Notes between two different PCs based on quite different versions of the system, like Windows 7 and Windows 10, the files storing the information of Sticky Notes are different (StickyNotes.snt and plum.sqlite), so copy and paste will not work on them. And you can refer to other methods below.
To backup Sticky Notes between any version of the system, you can consider cloud sync in Windows 10. Conveniently, Microsoft provides cloud sync for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 October 2018 Update and later versions. Thus, you can backup your Sticky Notes following the easy steps below:
1. Launch Sticky Notes and choose Settings to click Signing in..., then you can sign in to your Microsoft account.
2. Then, go to Settings to choose Sync now under the Help & feedback section. And you can sync Sticky Notes to other devices with the same Microsoft account.
To backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10 better, file backup software may be a great solution. For this, we provide a professional option - CBackup. CBackup is a cloud backup service for Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP. It can help you backup and restore sticky notes in Windows 10 without manual copying and pasting.
What’s more, CBackup allows you to add different cloud drive accounts to it, including most mainstream cloud drives like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. Then you can backup Sticky Notes to any cloud drive account.
Now, let’s take Google Drive as an example, and see how to backup Sticky Notes to the cloud easily via CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app on your Windows PC. Apply for a new CBackup account, then launch the application and log into it.
2. Click My Storage first, then press the + Add Cloud button to add the Google Drive account that you want to use as the backup destination.
3. Select Tasks > New Task to create a backup task for Sticky Notes. And choose Local Files.
4. You can edit the Task Name then. And press the Add Source button to add files storing Sticky Notes information on your Windows PC, and click OK.
5. Click on Add Destination > Single Cloud, then select the Google Drive account you added before and click OK.
6. If you wanna an automated file backup, go to Settings, and you can choose one schedule mode from the 4 different schedule modes to make your backup tasks regular and automatic.
7. Finally, click the Start Backup button to backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10 with ease.
In addition to the great PC to cloud backup feature, CBackup also offers some other useful features for free:
♦ Free cloud storage: CBackup gives each account 10GB of free cloud storage, and you can use the CBackup Cloud as an alternative to your cloud drive.
♦ Restore files: If you create a backup task for Sticky Notes or other files, you will be able to restore files of any version in CBackup.
♦ Cloud to cloud sync: If you need to transfer files between different cloud drive accounts, you can try the cloud to cloud sync feature in CBackup for free. CBackup allows you to add different accounts of Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and FTP/SFTP to it and migrate files between any two of them easily.
After the above, we believe you have learned something about how to backup Sticky Notes in Windows 10 already. In addition to the traditional manual method, we also provide another convenient solution - using professional cloud backup software like CBackup. And you can try some other features in CBackup for free as well.