“Hi all, there are some important Outlook emails that I want to backup to OneDrive for safekeeping but I don’t know how to do it. Is there a way to backup Outlook emails to OneDrive? Looking forward to your reply!”
As a part of the Microsoft Office suite, Outlook is an email client developed by Microsoft using which you can perform various tasks. It enables you to compose, send, and receive emails. Additionally, it is also a personal information manager that allows you to create and manage contacts, tasks, journals, calendars, and web browsing.
However, Outlook is prone to lots of issues such as hanging, corruption, etc. and you can’t access your emails successfully. Therefore, many users want to archive Outlook emails to OneDrive so that they can access them at the time when Outlook does not respond which made it easier to manage emails.
If you are a user who needs to save Outlook emails to OneDrive but can’t find a simple solution to do so, please read on. In the following content, we are going to discuss how to backup Outlook emails to such Outlook backup software.
Additional reasons for backing up Outlook emails to OneDrive
Outlook emails and OneDrive have a large user base, and these users may also need to save Outlook emails to OneDrive for several reasons.
◆Easier sharing: You can anytime backup Outlook emails to OneDrive and can use the sharing capability of OneDrive to share their Outlook email content with friends, team members, or even anonymous users.
◆Higher security: You can always save your crucial Outlook data saved in OneDrive. OneDrive is regarded as a safe place for data, which offers multiple security features. And once you have backed up the emails to OneDrive, you can restore them whenever you need it.
◆Better accessibility: Emails on OneDrive can be accessed on any device at any time. And OneDrive sync client allows you to download and use data even without internet connectivity. So, backing up Outlook emails to OneDrive will enable you to access all information locally later.
How to backup emails from Outlook to OneDrive
Now, you can just follow these steps below to backup Outlook to OneDrive:
1. Go to the Microsoft Outlook website and sign in to your Microsoft Outlook account.
2. Open the email you need and click the “…” icon on the top right.
3. Select “Print” from the popup menu. Then, you will get a preview. Select “Print” on the top left.
4. In the next screen, select “Save as PDF” and hit “Print”.
5. Name the file and save it to the PC.
6. Go to the OneDrive website and sign in to your Microsoft OneDrive account.
7. On the top-panel of the account, choose the "Upload" option and select the emails of which you want from the local computer and add it to OneDrive.
If you have a lot of emails to be backed up, you can use a third-party tool to download all emails into a folder on the local computer at once. Then, you can set up the OneDrive desktop app on your computer. After setting, OneDrive will create a OneDrive folder locally to help you sync files to cloud. You only need to copy the Outlook email Folder to the OneDrive folder to let save Outlook emails to OneDrive automatically.
Bonus tip: How to get more OneDrive storage for backup
As we all know, OneDrive gives each user 5GB of free storage space, but this free storage can be run out of quickly especially when you backup files to OneDrive regularly. With time going by, you may need more backup space. If you are not ready for upgrading your OneDrive account, you can rely on a cloud backup service called CBackup to get more backup space for free.
With CBackup, you can add and merge OneDrive accounts in one interface and combine the backup space of multiple OneDrive accounts to make full use of all your free cloud storage. Let’s see how to get more OneDrive storage with CBackup:
2. Click Storage on the left side, and then choose OneDriveand hit Authorize Now. Then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your cloud storage.
3. After adding, all your OneDrive accounts are listed in Storage tab. To increase OneDrive storage, please click the + Add Combined Cloud.
4. Tick the box next to the cloud storage account that you want to combine. After checking, click on Next > Combine.
5. Then, you will have a "Combined Cloud" in your clouds list. You can choose the "Combined Cloud" as the backup destination to enjoy huge backup space.
Now you have completed the whole process of adding OneDrive. And the free storage space in all the accounts you added can be used for backup. In addition to OneDrive, you can also add Google Drive, Dropbox, and other drives.
Besides the cloud storage combination, CBackup also has a PC cloud backup feature that allows you to back up PC files to its CBackup Cloud (free 10GB) and offers huge backup space (1TB or 5TB at a reasonable price). If you meet any problem during the process of using OneDrive or you are looking for a cost-effective cloud backup service, CBackup is a great choice.
1. Run CBackup on your computer. After logging in, click on the Backuptab and click on the Backup PC to CBackup Cloud button.
3. Select the PC files that you want to backup to CBackup Cloud. And select CBackup Cloud as backup destination. After selecting, click Start Backup.
In the contents above, we described how to backup Outlook emails to OneDrive. You can follow the detailed steps to achieve it. If you want more backup space for your data for free, don’t forget to merge OneDrive accounts with CBackup or use CBackup as a PC backup destination directly.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup