Easiest Solution to Backup Entire Computer to Dropbox
To backup entire computer to Dropbox, we prepared a free way and detailed guidelines in this article. You can choose a suitable method by referring to this tutorial.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
How do I backup my entire computer to my Dropbox? Thanks! Ideally just want a solution that can help me to get my computer important files if they get lost. Thanks!
Dropbox is one of the most popular cloud storage services around the world. You may choose Dropbox because of its security, easy sharing feature, and simple operation steps. As a result, it is a good choice to backup files to Dropbox to protect your file security and save local storage space.
Furthermore, you want to know if you can backup entire computer to Dropbox to protect your entire computer. Certainly, you can create a backup task for your computer. How to backup laptop to Dropbox or how to backup desktop computers to Dropbox? In this article, you can find a satisfying answer.
As one of the most popular cloud storage services, Dropbox is good for backup because it has many shining points for your computer data like:
Dropbox can back up multiple computers and keep your data in sync. All you need to do is download and install the Dropbox desktop application on your computers and log into the same Dropbox account on those computers. This is very convenient for multi-device users.
One thing you need to check is that if there is enough cloud storage space in your Dropbox account for your computer data. If not, you need to increase Dropbox cloud storage in advance.
If you find the file too large to upload to Dropbox, or you want to backup the entire computer to Dropbox, here comes the most suitable method for you.
There is a free cloud backup service called CBackup, which allows you to backup computer files or the entire computer to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive directly. In addition, you can use the Scheduler feature to backup your computer to Dropbox automatically and regularly.
You can press on this Download CBackup button to get the free cloud service on your computer. And here is the simple tutorial to backup entire computer to Dropbox via CBackup:
1. Sign up for a new account and run the CBackup desktop app to log into your account.
2. Click on the My Storage tab. Please choose Dropbox > Authorize Now.
3. Click on the Backup tab on the left, and choose Backup PC to Public Cloud here.
4. Choose the entire computer as backup source. And select the Dropbox account you just added as backup destination. Then you can click Settings at the bottom to enable the Scheduler feature and choose a backup time mode for your backup task.
5. At last, press the Start Backup button to backup entire computer to Dropbox with a certain frequency.
As we all know, Dropbox provides only 2GB cloud storage that is not big enough to store all data from your computer. If you want unlimited Dropbox storage, the combine cloud storage feature in CBackup can help you to merge unlimited Dropbox accounts into one combined cloud with unlimited cloud storage. Here is the easy guideline to form a combined cloud with CBackup:
1. Choose the My Storage > + Add Cloud button. Select Dropbox and click on Add in turn to add all your Dropbox accounts.
2. Click on My Storage > + Add Combined Cloud.
3. You can choose the Dropbox accounts that you want to merge together. And click on Next. You can manage the order of your Dropbox accounts, and then choose Combine to create a combined Dropbox cloud.
After the above, there will be a Combined Cloud in the cloud list. You can select the Combined Cloud as a backup destination when you create cloud backup task to enjoy unlimited backup space for free.
In addition to backup the entire computer to Dropbox, there are 2 official ways that can help you to backup your computer files and folders to Dropbox manually.
If you do not want to download and install any extra software on your computer, you can choose to backup your computer files to Dropbox. To do this, the Dropbox website can help you for free. Here is the clear guideline to back up your computer to Dropbox:
1. Go to the Dropbox official website on your computer. Sign in to your Dropbox account.
2. Next, you can choose the Upload files option or the Upload folder option on the right menu to backup your computer files or folders to Dropbox here.
To perform computer backup in Dropbox, you can also consider using its official desktop client to backup main files and folders on your computer. Follow the guideline to create cloud backup of your computer data:
1. Download and install the Dropbox desktop client on your computer. Sign in to your Dropbox account.
2. After that, you will see a Dropbox folder in %HOMEPATH%/Dropbox on your PC. You can drag and drop your computer files and folders into this Dropbox folder directly.
Now, you have mastered how to backup entire computer to Dropbox. We have introduced an efficient way here. Anyway, the most suitable is the best for your computer. You can try it before you make a decision for your computer data.