Solved: How to Share OneDrive with Another User Quickly
This article will show you multiple ways to share OneDrive with another user step by step. You may find a satisfying answer to your problem here.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
“In my situation, I wanted to share OneDrive with 10 specific people accounts on different domains. Can I share OneDrive files and folders with them directly? What is the easiest way to do it? Thanks in advance.”
Nowadays, many users are using OneDrive to backup computer or files. At the same time, some OneDrive users have the same problem like that in the user case: how to share OneDrive with another user? For different types of OneDrive accounts, there are different effective solutions.
If you are using a personal OneDrive account and want to know how to share OneDrive to another user, you can try the 3 methods provided below.
Basically, you can send an email to share files or folders in OneDrive. Just follow the detailed steps:
1. Navigate to the OneDrvie website, and log into your account.
2. Then you can select the files you want to share.
3. Click the Share button at the top of the screen.
4. Choose the Specific people option, then click Apply.
5. After that, in the main share interface, enter the email addresses of recipients and select Send.
If you want to know how to share my OneDrive with another user you may not know, you can use a link to share OneDrive easily. You can set the permissions to allow anyone to view and edit the shared files but they cannot upload new files. Here is the simple guideline to create a link to share OneDrive:
1. Navigate to the OneDrive website and log into your account likewise.
2. Select the files or folders you want to share, and click Share at the top of the screen.
3. Choose the Anyone with the link option. After configuring, click Apply.
4. Return to the main share page to copy the link, and then you can paste the link anywhere you want to share your OneDrive files.
If the recipient you want to share with usually uses another cloud drive, you might consider using a free cloud sync software - CBackup.
CBackup allows you to add multiple mainstream cloud drive accounts to it, like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, FTP/SFTP. After you authorize CBackup to access your cloud drive accounts, you can share data between different cloud drive accounts like migrate OneDrive to Dropbox, transfer files between Google Drive and OneDrive. Of course, CBackup also lets you share files between different OneDrive accounts directly.
Now, let’s see how to share OneDrive with another user via CBackup:
1. Navigate to the CBackup website. Sign up for a CBackup account and log into it.
2. Choose the My Storage tab, click on the + button to add OneDrive and any other cloud drive you want to share with.
3. Then click Sync Tasks, select the New Task button to create a new cloud to cloud sync task to share your OneDrive.
4. Next, press the Add Source button to choose a file from OneDrive, press the Add Destination button to choose the target cloud drive.
5. Finally, select the Start Sync button to start the cloud to cloud sync task to share your OneDrive.
⇒ Note: If you want to share your OneDrive regularly and automatically, just go to the Settings to set up a scheduled sync for free.
Unlike personal OneDrive sharing, OneDrive sharing between corporate teams requires a different approach. Here we have prepared two different options for you to choose from.
This method is just suitable for Global Administrator. If you are an Office 365 Global Administrator, you can follow these steps to share OneDrive:
1. On the App page on your PC, click App Launcher to select Admin.
2. Then click Users and Active users on the left menu.
3. Choose the recipient’s name, and go to OneDrive Settings.
4. Next, click Access files in the Access section.
5. Then you will get a link to the recipient’s OneDrive account.
If you are not a Global Administrator, then how to give access to OneDrive to another user? For this, you can allow other users to access any OneDrive account in your team. Here are the clear steps in detail:
1. Likewise, go to the Admin in App Launcher.
2. In the Admin Centers, click SharePoint.
3. Then, click on the user profiles option.
4. Next, choose Manage User Profiles.
5. Find the user’s profile that you want to allow anyone to access, then click the drop-down icon and choose Manage Personal Site.
6. Then you need to add an alternative username to the Site Collection Administrators box and select OK.
7. After the above, another user can access the OneDrive of his colleague directly and share OneDrive easily.
If you often use OneDrive to share and store files, the 5GB of free storage space that OneDrive gives you will be used up quickly. If you don't want to pay for a paid subscription to OneDrive to get more storage, then you can consider using the Combined Cloud Stoarge feature in CBackup to expand your OneDrive storage for free.
With the help of OneDrive, you can merge OneDrive accounts or merge OneDrive and other different cloud drive accounts into a combined cloud. Then you can enjoy the larger cloud storage space freely. Here is the instruction to expand OneDrive cloud storage with CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop application, sign up for a new account, and log into it.
2. Click on My Storage > + Add Cloud to choose the cloud drive you want to merge. You can add as many cloud drive accounts as you have.
3. In the My Storage section, press + New Cloud > New Combined Cloud.
4. Check the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge, and then click on Next. Follow the instructions it gives to do.
5. After that, you will have a Combined Cloud in your clouds list. The cloud storage space of it is the sum of all your selected cloud drive accounts. You can regard it as a backup destination.
That’s all about how to share OneDrive with another user. No matter you are using a personal OneDrive account or a business OneDrive account for the team, you can find a suitable solution. If you want to share OneDrive with others quickly and automatically, you can try using CBackup. It allows you to share files between different mainstream cloud drives directly. Besides, if you need more OneDrive cloud storage, CBackup can also help you to expand your OneDrive cloud storage space for free.