How to Set up Seagate Cloud Backup without Effort
On this page, the top two ways to set up Seagate cloud backup are given. Besides, if you want larger backup space, you can also find a free solution here.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Seagate is one of the most famous hard drive providers, offering products like desktop hard drives, notebook hard drives, enterprise hard drives, and micro hard drives. Many personal, home, and business users use it to store their data, but according to the 3-2-1 backup strategy, you should consider setting up a Seagate cloud backup solution to avoid data loss or damage.
It will be safer for your data if you set up at least three backups for it. In addition to two different storage devices, the other one can be cloud storage. Nowadays, cloud storage has become a popular service, which can store your important data on clouds. Thus, Seagate users also want to create cloud backup with the following benefits:
♦ Creating Seagate cloud backup can run backup tasks automatically and wirelessly.
♦ Users can access data on any device and deal with files directly.
♦ Cloud backup solution is more cost-effective than a traditional hard drive.
♦ Your data does not need to be connected to the server and server problems will not affect it.
If you are searching for the Seagate cloud backup software, here we have prepared the top two ways to set up a Seagate online backup easily. After comparing them in different aspects, you can choose one that suits you best.
Seagate Dashboard is a free backup software that can be loaded on each Seagate Backup Plus and Seagate Central hard drive. It can help you protect, share and store files, systems, or software. But it cannot delete part of backup files but all of them. Besides, the Protect now button and the New backup plan button have no useful feature to work, you can not use them to configure which folders or drives are included in the Seagate cloud backup.
Here we will show you how to use Seagate Dashboard to set up Seagate personal cloud backup:
1. First, connect your Seagate Personal Cloud to your computer.
2. Open Seagate Dashboard, select PC backup.
3. Next, choose the New Backup Plan option in this window.
4. Then, you can choose files that need to be backed up to the cloud in the Personal folders tab.
If you want to select an individual folder or a sub-folder, you can choose in the Specific folder tab.
5. Choose a destination for the Seagate cloud backup, and click Continue.
6. After the above, you can pick a frequency for the Seagate cloud backup.
Although Seagate Dashboard can help you create a Seagate cloud backup, there are some inherent limitations in it. If you want a cloud backup solution with a better experience, you can try a free professional cloud backup software like CBackup.
CBackup is a free cloud backup and restore solution, which allows you to back up files from local to different cloud drives, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive. It can be used on any Windows computer.
What’s more, if you sign up for a CBackup account, you can get 10GB of free cloud storage in CBackup Cloud. You can also set up a PC automatic backup to CBackup Cloud.
Now, let’s see how to set up a Seagate cloud backup via CBackup:
1. Download and open CBackup on your computer. Sign up for a new CBackup account, then log in to the client. Connect your Seagate hard drive to your computer.
2. Select + Add Cloud in the My Storage section. You can select a cloud drive to save your files on Seagate hard drive.
3. Press the Backup Tasks tab > the New Task button. Then select the Local Files option.
4. You can edit the Task Name to name the backup task. Tap on the Add Source button to add files from your Seagate hard drive.
5. Select Add Destination > Single Cloud to select the cloud drive account you just added and click Next.
6. Click the Start Backup button to backup files to Google Drive or other cloud storage for free.
⇒ Note: You need to check if there is enough space in the destination cloud drive for your Seagate files.
In addition, CBackup provides many useful features for free. You can use them to make your backup tasks easier:
CBackup provides 4 different scheduled modes including One time only mode, Daily mode, Weekly mode, and Monthly mode. You can choose one of them according to your needs. Then your files will be backed up with a certain frequency automatically.
♦ File Filter
The File Filter feature allows you to choose certain types of files to back up. For example, you can backup all files, exclude selected file types, or contain the selected file types.
♦ Email Notification
Fill in with your email address, and you are able to receive a notification when the backup task is successful/failed.
As we all know, cloud storage always provides free cloud storage with little space, which is not enough for large files backup tasks. To get a larger backup space for free, CBackup provides a combined cloud storage feature. You can add multiple cloud drive accounts on one interface, then you can use the combined cloud storage feature to merge a huge, even unlimited cloud storage for backups.
You can refer to these steps:
1. After adding cloud drive accounts to CBackup, click the My Storage and + New Cloud button, you will see a New Combined Cloud in the menu, click it.
2. Tick the boxes next to the cloud storage accounts that you want to combine, then click Next.
3. Then, there will be a Combined Cloud in your clouds list. You can select it as a backup destination.
If you are looking for a solution to Seagate cloud backup, hope this article can help you. The top 2 methods are shown above, you can use the pre-loaded program or a stable cloud backup software - CBackup. With the help of CBackup, you can expand your cloud storage for free as well.