Best Free Pen Drive Backup Software (2022)
On this page, 2 different free pen drive backup software are introduced and detailed instruction is given as well. If you need a way to backup your pen drive, just look through this tutorial.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Pen drive is often used as a storage space for files by many people. But it is not safe to store files only on the pen drive. Because the pen drive is always plugged in and out on many different devices. There are many reasons for pen drive failure, including wrong plug operation, incorrect data writing, and the unstable voltage of the USB interface.
Once your pen drive met the bad situation, the files on it are at a risk. For this, you may use a pen drive backup software to back up your files on the pen drive in advance. After backing up files on the pen drive, it will be easy to restore them if they are lost by accident.
So, how to backup pendrive data? The traditional method is to use the copy and paste feature to backup files to another storage space, which might take you much time and large storage space. Instead, you can consider using some pen drive backup software online, like cloud backup software or another kind of backup software, to help you create a pen drive backup easily.
Here we provide two different options for you to back up your files on the pen drive. After reading, you can choose any of them according to your need.
To begin with, we want to introduce a pen drive backup software for PC - CBackup. CBackup is a professional cloud backup software with many powerful backup features, such as PC to cloud backup, cloud to cloud backup. You can back up your data to clouds easily to reduce the risk of data loss. Once your data is lost, CBackup can help you recover it with ease.
CBackup allows you to add some mainstream cloud drives to it, containing Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox. With the help of CBackup, you can backup USB to Google Drive or other cloud drives directly and for free. What’s more, CBackup provides a great scheduled backup feature, which allows your backup tasks to be performed automatically and regularly. You can select the backup frequency from four different scheduled modes.
You can also choose to back up your pen drive to CBackup Cloud. Each CBackup account has 10GB of free cloud storage space. Beyond an easy-to-use cloud storage, CBackup Cloud is a secure online backup space especially for storing backups created by CBackup.
Now, let’s see how to back up your pen drive to a cloud drive via CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop application, create a new CBackup account, then open your CBackup client, and log into it. Connect your pen drive to your computer.
2. To begin with, you need to click on the My Storage tab on the left menu and press the + Add Cloud button in the right window. Here we take Google Drive as an example. You could select Google Drive > Add, and please follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your Google Drive account.
3. To create a new backup task, you can click on the Backup Tasks icon and click the New Task button.
4. Next, select the Local Files option to pick your files on the pen drive.
5. You can type in Task Name to name the new backup task. Then, press the Add Source button to add files on your pen drive, then click OK.
6. Select Add Destination > Single Cloud, then select the Google Drive account you just added and click OK.
7. After the above, click the Start Backup button to start the backup task.
Note: When you want to set up a scheduled backup task, you can go to the Backup Settings window, which can save much time and effort for you.
If you do not want to back up your pen drive to a cloud drive, maybe you can try another pen drive data backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard. With the help of it, you could back up the files on your pen drive to your PC, network storage devices, and other cloud devices with ease.
Here is the simple guideline to use AOMEI Backupper Standard for your pen drive backup;
1. Download and install the AOMEI Backupper Standard on your computer. Connect your pen drive to your computer.
2. Launch the client, and click on Backup > File Backup.
3. Then, select Add Files/Add Folder to choose the files on your pen drive to back up.
4. Next, choose the backup destination path. You can backup your pen drive to your PC.
5. (Optional) AOMEI Backupper Standard also allows you to set up a scheduled backup in the Schedule Backup settings.
6. After your configuration, click on the Start Backup button to begin the pen drive backup task.
You may care about if you can recover your pen drive after backing up it to the backup software. Of course, the answer is yes. Here are detailed guidelines to recover data with pen drive backup software:
Recover Data with CBackup
1. If you want to cover the files in the backup task, you can find the backup task and click on the three-dot icon to select the Restore option.
2. Then, choose the version you want to restore, then click the Restore button.
Recover Data with AOMEI Backupper Standard
1. Click the Restore tab > Select Task button.
2. Select your backup image in the list, then press the Next button.
3. Choose the files or folders you need to restore, and click the Next.
4. After that, select the Restore to original location option and the Start Restore button.
After looking through this page, we believe that you have found the best free pen drive backup software already. If you still do not know how to choose the suitable one, maybe CBackup is a great choice to protect your files on the pen drive and save storage for your PC. Importantly, you can use it for free!