How to Fix OneDrive Files On-Demand Missing Effectively
We will talk about how to fix OneDrive files On-Demand missing in an effective way. On this page, you can try some different choices and find the most suitable one.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
On my Windows PC, the option in the OneDrive Settings for "Files On-Demand" is missing. What can I do? Thanks a lot!
- Question from Microsoft Community
Do you meet the same issue: OneDrive files On-Demand missing on your Windows computer? You do not need to worry too much. We will introduce OneDrive files on-demand and how to fix the OneDrive On-Demand missing issue.
Files On-Demand is a feature in OneDrive, which can help you free up storage space on disk. Once you enable the Files On-Demand feature, you are allowed to access all OneDrive files on any device. All your OneDrive files will be saved online, instead of taking up your disk storage space.
For Files On-Demand, there are 4 different options for your OneDrive files and folders:
Then, where can you find and enable the OneDrive Files On-Demand? On your computer, you can locate and right-click on the OneDrive icon from the taskbar. Then go to the OneDrive Settings page. Under the Setting tab, you can see the Files on Demand section here.
Do you find OneDrive Files On-Demand missing? Do not worry. Let’s fix it with the solutions below.
First, when you meet such a OneDrive issue, you can try to restart your computer. This method can solve many OneDrive errors effectively including OneDrive Files On-Demand not working, OneDrive sync not working, etc.
If find that OneDrive Files On-Demand missing in Windows 10 version 2004, and Windows Server version 2004, installing Windows Update KB4565503 may be helpful for you.
If restarting your device cannot make your OneDrive Files On-Demand return to normal, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the OneDrive application on your computer properly.
1. First, quit the OneDrive client. Then go to Windows Settings. On the Apps page, you can see the Microsoft OneDrive option, click on the Uninstall button next to it.
2. To uninstall OneDrive completely, you can choose to delete the OneDrive folder cache and temporary files.
3. After that, restart your computer and go to the OneDrive official website to download the latest version of OneDrive and set it up.
If you are familiar with computers, you can try to use Command Prompt to fix OneDrive Files On-Demand missing in Windows 11, 10, and other versions of Windows.
1. Run the command from an elevated privilege:
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
2. After that, reboot your computer and see if OneDrive Files On-Demand can perform normally.
You can try to turn off antivirus software on your computer to see if it has an influence on the use of OneDrive Files On-Demand.
1. Go to Windows Settings, and choose Update & Security and Windows Security in turn.
2. In the Virus & threat protection section, choose Manage settings. Turn off the switch under Real-time protection.
On your Windows computer, please disable Windows Information Protection so that OneDrive File On-Demand can work properly.
If you don't want to encounter this kind of problem in the process of using OneDrive, then we recommend you change to a better and faster way to perform OneDrive sync tasks - use a free cloud backup service called CBackup.
In CBackup, you can try the Sync PC to Public Cloud feature to sync all files to OneDrive with ease. Almost mainstream cloud drives are supported in CBackup, including OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
What’s more, there are some advanced settings in CBackup to make your sync tasks convenient and easy. For instance, you can enable the Scheduler feature to create a scheduled file copy from local to the cloud.
Here is a brief guideline to tell you how to perform a OneDrive sync task via CBackup.
1. Download and set up the CBackup app on your desktop. Sign up for an account and run CBackup to log into your account.
2. Click on the Storage tab. Hit OneDrive > Authorize Now. Please follow the step-by-step instructions to let CBackup access your OneDrive account.
3. Click on the Sync tab on the left side, then click on Sync PC to Public Cloud here.
4. Choose the files on your computer as the sync source. Then choose a folder in the OneDrive account you just added to CBackup as the sync destination. After the above, press the Start Sync button to sync your files to OneDrive directly.
Note: For advanced settings, you can click on the Settings button on the bottom left to set up more options for your OneDrive sync task. For example, you can enable the Scheduler feature, and then CBackup will perform your sync task daily, weekly, monthly, or one time only.
You can also try File Filter to include or exclude certain files that you want or do not want to sync. Email Notification can send you an email to let you know the result of the sync task.
When you meet the OneDrive Files On-Demand missing issue, this article can help you a lot. If you are tired of fixing OneDrive errors, you can try another easier way to perform your OneDrive sync task - CBackup. It provides comprehensive backup and sync features for free.