Dropbox Won’t Upload Video? Get 8 solutions to fix it!
This article will tell you how to fix the Dropbox won’t upload video error in 8 different ways. Read on to find a suitable method for your video.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Dropbox can be a powerful cloud service in your daily life and work. You may perform Dropbox secure upload for all types of data like texts, pictures, and videos to save them on the cloud. However, when you want to move video to Dropbox, you may encounter the error that Dropbox won’t upload video. Why does Dropbox not perform uploading? Here are some common causes:
After knowing “why won’t my video upload to Dropbox”, let’s see how to fix it from different situations.
For different causes of Dropbox upload failed, you may need different solutions. Thus, we provide 8 fixes in the following part. Go to try them and see if they can solve your problem. If you cannot, we prepare another way to help you upload videos to Dropbox easily and effectively.
When you meet some errors in the process of uploading, the first thing you need to check is the Internet connection on your computer. Unstable Internet connection can result in many Dropbox problems like Dropbox not working, Dropbox files not showing up, etc.
You can try restarting the router and reconnecting the network cable with your computer. To find an error of network connection, you can go to Windows Settings and use network troubleshoot to find and fix it.
In most Dropbox upload problems, rebooting the Dropbox app or restarting your device can make it normal. So you can try restarting the Dropbox app on your device or rebooting your device directly.
Sometimes, there are bugs in the outdated Dropbox app that cause Dropbox uploading errors. So, please check if your Dropbox app is the latest version. If not, please update it to the latest version.
If you are using some security tools like VPN, proxy server, antivirus, firewall, etc. on your device, you need to check the Security settings in Dropbox to make your Dropbox upload perform successfully. Do it as following steps:
1. Go to the Dropbox Preferences page. Click on the Proxies tab.
2. Please select the No proxy option next to Proxy settings.
The video file can be quite large so you can’t upload it to Dropbox because of the bandwidth limit in Dropbox. Please try removing the limit on the bandwidth. Follow the easy guideline to reset it:
1. On the Settings menu, choose Preferences....
2. Under the Bandwidth tab, choose the Don’t limit option under both sections. Then click on OK.
If the filename of your video does not meet the restrictions in Dropbox, it cannot be uploaded to Dropbox successfully. You can check the restrictions in Dropbox:
Since the file size of the video can be quite large, you need to check it and make sure there is enough available cloud storage space. In addition, the Dropbox storage limit for uploaded file is 50GB. Please ensure your video file is smaller than 50GB if you meet the Dropbox won't upload video from iPhone or computer.
To check the available cloud storage in your Dropbox account, you can go to the Dropbox website and check it under the Plan tab in Dropbox Settings. If there is not enough cloud space for your video files, please upgrade your plan to expand it. Or you can consider using a free way that we introduce in the last part to increase your Dropbox cloud storage.
Too much caches data in Dropbox app can cause Dropbox won’t upload video issue. So you can clear Dropbox caches data in this way:
1. Press the Windows and R keys at the same time. Input the command %HOMEPATH%\Dropbox\.dropbox.cache in the box. And click on OK.
2. You can delete all the data in the .dropbox.cache directory.
If you feel it troublesome to fix the videos won’t upload to Dropbox error, here we prepared an easy way to upload video to Dropbox without any limit - using a free cloud backup service called CBackup. There is no file size limit and upload speed in CBackup.
With CBackup, you can upload any type of data to Dropbox including videos, photos, texts, programs, hard drives, and even the sync computer to Dropbox. And the upload destination can be many other cloud drives like Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
Let’s see how to upload video to Dropbox via CBackup with a few clicks. First, please download and install the CBackup client on your computer for free.
1. Sign up for a new account and run the client to log into your account.
2. Click on the Storage tab, and select Dropbox > Authorize Now.
3. Press the Sync tab in the left panel, and select Sync PC to Public Cloud here.
4. Just choose your video as the source. And select a folder from the Dropbox account as the destination. Finally, press the Start Sync button to upload video to Dropbox quickly.
Since the size of video file can be very large, you need a large cloud storage space in Dropbox. If you need Dropbox 100GB storage or more cloud storage for free, the combine cloud storage feature in CBackup can help you.
1. Add your Dropbox accounts to CBackup likewise. You can add as many accounts as you have or other cloud drive accounts.
2. Click on the Storage tab > + Add Combined Cloud in turn.
3. Choose the Dropbox accounts that you want to merge, then click Next. After determining the order of these Dropbox accounts, click on Combine.
After the above, you have a Combined Cloud now. You can choose it as a backup destination when you create PC cloud backup task in CBackup.
Don’t worry if you meet the Dropbox won’t upload video issue. Here are 8 different effective solutions to it. And we also provide a tip to upload video to Dropbox without any limit, which can save much time and effort for you.