Simple Guide: Backup Phone Data to Cloud
On this page, you will see different ways to backup phone data to cloud. You can select anyone that suits your phone best.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Nowadays, smartphones have become an integral and important part of people's lives. People use their smartphones for work, life, and entertainment, so much important data is generated by smartphones. If the phone is unfortunately lost or suffers a disaster or viruses, the phone data can easily be lost or receive damage. Therefore, mobile phone data needs to be backed up to prevent accidental loss and disaster.
At the same time, cloud backup has overtaken traditional backup methods to become the mainstream backup method used in everyday life. This is because cloud backup software often offers free cloud storage, reasonable subscription plans, sufficient and convenient backup features, and reliable security.
As a result, backup phone data to cloud has become the best choice today. In this way, you can access and restore your phone data from any device including your computer, which brings great convenience to people's lives.
There are 3 mainstream cloud storage software on the market: OneDrive, Dropbox, and Google Drive. So, we will give the introduction of backup phone data to these 3 mainstream clouds. If you just want to use one of the 3 cloud software, please keep reading and learn more details.
OneDrive is a cloud service provided by Microsoft. A significant advantage of OneDrive is its ability to integrate greatly with Windows. Each OneDrive user will be given 5GB of free cloud storage space. If you want to backup files to OneDrive, you can follow the steps below.
In fact, OneDrive performs better in backup phone data than iCloud because it will not take up your phone storage space. All your data is saved on the cloud. Follow the steps to backup phone data to OneDrive:
1. Make sure that your iPhone is connected to the Internet. Get the OneDrive app in the App Store, and run it, sign in to your account.
2. Tag the + button > Upload option.
3. Then you can select the files you want to back up to OneDrive. Finally, click the Done. Your files will be backed up to OneDrive.
Besides, you can set up the auto-backup photos to OneDrive with the guide:
1. Open the OneDrive app and select the Me icon on the top left. Tap on the Settings option.
2. Switch the Camera Upload option ON. Then your photos on iPhone will be backed up to OneDrive automatically.
So, how to backup Android phones to cloud? If you need to backup from Android to OneDrive, please follow these steps:
1. Get the OneDrive app on your Android phone, and run it.
2. Sign in to your OneDrive account.
3. Tap on the three dots option on the right-top corner.
4. Click on the Add Items option to select files to be backed up to OneDrive.
Dropbox is the second-largest cloud storage provider on the market. It integrates with many applications well. Dropbox offers only 2GB of free storage for each account. If you want to backup files to Dropbox, continue to learn more about it.
The Dropbox mobile client provides the feature to backup photos and videos. If you are an iOS user, you should follow these steps；
1. Download and install the Dropbox app on your iPhone. Open it and sign in to your account.
2. Tap on the Account tab at the bottom.
3. Select the Camera Upload option, switch the Camera Uploads ON. Then your photos will be backed up to Dropbox automatically.
If you use an Android phone, the steps are similar to that used on iPhone:
1. Download and install the Dropbox app on your phone, open it and sign into your account.
2. Tap on the Settings in the menu. Click on the Turn on Camera Upload option. After this, your Dropbox will back up your photos and videos automatically.
Google Drive is a cloud storage service provided by Google. It can connect to various Google Apps, which quite improves your working efficiency a lot. Each Google account will get 15GB of free cloud storage space, sharing with other Google Apps at the same time. If you want to back up files to Google Drive but do not know how to backup phone data to Google cloud, keep reading on these steps.
If you use an iPhone, here are the detailed steps to backup phone data to Google Drive.
1. Get the Google Drive app from the App Store, install and run it.
2. After signing your Google account, tap on the + icon > Upload option.
3. Select the files that need to be backed up to Google Drive. Then click on the Upload in the top-right corner.
If you want to set up auto backups, you can follow these different guideline:
1. Open the Google Drive app and sign in to your Google account.
2. go to the Menu > Settings > Backup, select the Start Backup button. Then the backup tasks will operate automatically.
Meanwhile, the steps for Android users are similar. You can follow this guideline to backup to Google Drive automatically.
1. Go to the Settings in your phone system, and find the Google option, click it.
2. Select the Backup session, and switch the Back up to Google Drive option ON.
3. Finally, you need to click on the Back up now button to begin the auto-backup process.
There must be a large amount of data on your phone so that the free cloud storage will be used up in a short time. You have to pay for the subscription plans to expand your cloud storage space. But if you do not want to cost too much money to the cloud service, we highly recommend you this free cloud service - CBackup.
CBackup is a professional and stable third-party cloud backup service. CBackup allows you to add different cloud drive accounts to it, including OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive. Then you can merge these cloud drive accounts for free. For instance, you can merge two Google Drive accounts to get 30 GB free cloud space, or merge OneDrive and Dropbox accounts to get more. Thus, you can get larger cloud storage space and back up files to the Combined Cloud directly.
What’s more, when you set up a backup with CBackup, there are several useful features for you to choose from, containing Schedule Backup, File Filter. With these features, your backup process can be more convenient and easier.
Let’s see how to merge several cloud drive accounts and enjoy huge space for free. Here we take Google Drive and Dropbox as an example.
1. Download and set up the CBackup desktop app on your computer, run it.
2. Sign up for a new CBackup account and log into it.
3. First, click on the My Storage tag. Choose Google Drive and Dropbox, then click Authorize Now. Grant authority to CBackup, then you can merge all your Google Drives and Dropbox accounts together.
4. Then you need to press the My Storage > + Add Combined Cloud.
5. Check the Google Drive and Dropbox accounts that you want to merge, and click on Next. Then choose the backup order for these clouds, and press Combine.
6. After that, a Combined Cloud will appear in your clouds list. You can upload files to it directly while backing files to cloud.
☛ Note: Before you set up a backup task, you can use these backup settings to make the task regular and efficient.
Scheduler: You can select one schedule mode from the 4 different schedule modes. And with this feature, your files can be backed up regularly and automatically with a certain frequency you pick.
File filter: CBackup allows you to back up the certain type of file you select, which can help you improve working efficiency and save your storage space a lot.
After reading this article, I think you have found the best way to backup phone data to cloud. Besides, do not forget to use CBackup to expand your cloud storage space for free. It is quite easy to use.