“Many steam games automatically download data to the Documents folder on my computer, but I found that a lot of data in this folder is not backed up to OneDrive. Is there a way to backup My Documents to OneDrive?”
Why Do You Need to Backup Documents?
The Documents folder is a component of the user profile that can be used as a location for storing personal data. By default, the Documents folder is the storage location for documents saved in the user profile.
A lot of users are accustomed to storing important files in Documents or setting the Documents folder as the default storage location for downloaded files from browsers, programs, and so on. Though the files stored in Documents are easy to access, they are also prone to accidental deletion or computer virus attack that leads to file loss.
To prevent such incidents from happening, you can backup Documents for safeguarding ahead. Here, we will illustrate three methods on how to backup Documents to OneDrive.
How to Backup My Documents to OneDrive with 3 Ways
You can backup your Documents to OneDrive with the OneDrive desktop app, the OneDrive website, and a professional PC cloud backup solution.
Here we will introduce a professional yet free cloud backup software - CBackup to help you get OneDrive backup specific folder without a hitch. Besides, this backup tool comes with multiple backup features, such as backing up PC data to Google Drive, Dropbox, and other clouds automatically on a customized schedule, no limitations on file sizes and types, etc.
Way 1. Sync Documents to OneDrive with the OneDrive Application
You could sync My Documents to OneDrive using the OneDrive client. The OneDrive client has been preinstalled on Windows 10 and Windows 11. You can search it in the Windows search box or download and install OneDrive on your PC to run and follow the tutorial below to save the Documents folder to OneDrive.
1. Log in to the OneDrive desktop application and complete the setup.
2. Click on the OneDrive icon, tap on Help & Settings and go to Settings.
3. In the Backup tab, hit the Manage Backup position.
4. Pick Documents on the pop-up screen. Then, press Start Backup in the lower right corner.
Way 2. Backup Documents to OneDrive Through the OneDrive Website
Another option is to backup Documents to OneDrive with its website on a browser. In this way, you can backup selected folders to OneDrive easily. Here is how to backup files to OneDrive on Windows 10 and other systems:
2. Click Upload > Folder in the Files window. Then, locate the Documents folder on your PC and select it to backup to OneDrive.
Way 3. Backup My Documents to OneDrive via a Third-party Tool
There is an easier way to backup any folder to OneDrive for free. Relying on a fully-featured cloud backup tool like CBackup, you can set to backup My Documents to OneDrive on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule. After an automatic backup is set, this backup software will automatically back up the selected files/folders in the background according to the settings, even without turning on your computer or running the tool.
And it offers unlimited version management for data backups with an incremental backup method. You can choose to restore previous backup versions easily when your data gets lost. Now, you can do the following preparations and follow our steps to find out how to automatically backup folders to OneDrive with CBackup:
1. In the Storage section, add your OneDrive account to CBackup by picking OneDrive to hit Authorize Now, and following the prompts to finish the authorization to connect CBackup with your OneDrive files.
2. Head over to Backup on the left panel and click Backup PC to Public Cloud in turn to create a new backup task.
3. Navigate to the location of the Documents folder on your computer and select it as the backup source. Choose OneDrive as the backup destination.
4. Click on Start Backup to back up the Documents folder to OneDrive.
✎Note: You can enable auto-backups of Documents data in CBackup Settings > Scheduler. In addition, you could also enable File Filter to exclude or include certain files in a folder when backing up data.
Bonus Tip: Backup OneDrive in Advance for Data Safety
As an Internet-based storage platform, although OneDrive provides file protection services, according to the 3-2-1 backup strategy, this does not mean that the files stored in OneDrive are absolutely safe. Effective data loss protection is essential. Therefore, we recommend that after backing up data to OneDrive, back up OneDrive your data in advance to ensure data security.
Easily, you can employ CBackup to backup OneDrive to Dropbox, another OneDrive account, Google Drive, FTP/SFTP, and so forth on a single interface with no need to switch accounts.
1. On the Storage page, Click + Add Cloud on the top, and select one cloud drive to hit Add and complete the authorization.
2. Tap on the Backup button and choose the Backup Public Cloud to Public Cloud option.
3. Select your OneDrive as a Source. Then, click choose the cloud you want to get OneDrive backed up as the Destination. Click on Start Backup to come to an end. Likewise, you can set up backup OneDrive to other cloud drives automatically in Settings as well.
Wrapping Things Up
Using any of the 3 solutions above, you can backup My Documents to OneDrive. However, no matter which method you choose, you‘d better back up your OneDrive data. Because once data is lost, it may not be recoverable. CBackup is a one-stop option that not only backs up your files to OneDrive but also supports you to backup OneDrive easily. You can give it a try.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup