Top 3 Ways to Backup OneDrive to Dropbox with Ease?
This article shows the top 3 ways to backup OneDrive to Dropbox with ease. If you happen to be looking for this, please read on to learn the detailed information.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Nowadays, there are many cloud storage on the market that allows users to store data online for safekeeping. OneDrive and Dropbox are both popular cloud storage around the world. If users are using the two cloud storage at the same time, chances are that users may need to backup files from OneDrive to Dropbox from time to time.
Generally, the main reason for backing up OneDrive to Dropbox is to make a copy of the OneDrive data and store the data in Dropbox because data in the cloud drive is not absolutely safe due to human errors or technical bugs. Therefore, backing up OneDrive to Dropbox can prevent you from losing all your data at once.
If you realize the necessity but don’t know how to backup Dropbox to OneDrive easily, please read on. In the following content, you will learn how to achieve easily data backup between OneDrive and Dropbox in three different ways.
Most cloud storage services will provide web apps and desktop apps at the same time, OneDrive and Dropbox are no exception. OneDrive and Dropbox offer a web app for backup and a desktop app for sync. If you need to backup files between OneDrive and Dropbox, you can use these two tools.
Most cloud drive users must be familiar with the traditional way to backup cloud data – downloading files from cloud drive and then re-uploading the files to another cloud storage. This method is also available here. Follow the instruction to back up your files from OneDrive to Dropbox via the web app:
1. Go to the website of OneDrive and sign in to your account.
2. Select the files or folder you need and click “Download”.
3. Uncompress the downloaded OneDrive file, and then go to the website of Dropbox and log in to your account.
4. Click on "My Drive", then, you can choose "Upload files" or "Upload folder" to upload OneDrive files to Dropbox.
Or, you can download both OneDrive and Dropbox desktop app on your computer to move files between the OneDrive folder and Dropbox folder easily:
2. Find OneDrive and Dropbox folder in your system. Copy and paste the files you need between the two folders.
Actually, although manual ways are feasible, they are time-consuming especially when you need to backup your cloud data frequently. If you need a way to backup OneDrive to Dropbox directly and automatically without downloading any app and occupying local storage, you can follow the method below.
To improve the backup efficiency and save your time, you are suggested to backup your files with a free and professional cloud backup service – CBackup, which supports many famous cloud drives including Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive as well as FTP/SFTP.
As long as you register one CBackup account on the website of CBackup, you can add accounts belonging to the same or different cloud drives as many as you have. And then, you can set up a backup task to do cloud to cloud backup easily and quickly. It also has advantages as below:
Now, look at the steps below to learn how to backup OneDrive to Dropbox with CBackup:
1. Please download and install the CBackup desktop application on your PC. Then create a CBackup account and sign in.
2. After logging in, please navigate to the “Storage” tab, and click OneDrive > Authorize Now to add this drive. You can add Dropbox accounts through the same steps.
✎Note: CBackup is based on OAuth Authorization System, which will never save your login information like cloud account and password. Meanwhile, CBackup already meets the requirements of the GDPR to guarantee the privacy and security of your personal data.
3. Click the “Backup” tab on the left. Then, click the “Backup Public Cloud to Public Cloud” button to create your backup task.
4. Then, you can edit the name of the backup task. After that, choose OneDrive as the backup source. Similarly, choose Dropbox as a backup destination.
5. Finally, click the “Start Backup” button to backup OneDrive to Dropbox easily.
☛You can choose the entire cloud storage or just certain files when you add the backup source.
☛CBackup also offers many backup features that can help you set up an automatic backup task to protect your data regularly or exclude some unwanted files while backing up to save your backup space and time. You can click “Settings” (the bottom left corner) to check these features.
As we all know, Dropbox offers 2 GB of free storage space and OneDrive 5 GB of free storage space. Therefore, if both your OneDrive and Dropbox accounts are free accounts, the storage space in Dropbox may be insufficient to store all the files in OneDrive.
In this case, you can try to expand your Dropbox backup space for free with CBackup. There is a feature called combine cloud storage that can help you combine multiple Dropbox accounts into one to protect more data. You can follow the steps to combine cloud storage with CBackup:
1. Navigate to the “Storage” tab, and click "+ Add Cloud" to add Dropbox account as many as you have.
2. Click "+ Add Combined Cloud" to choose your Dropbox accounts and follow the steps to merge them into a huge backup space.
3. Then, you can create a backup task and choose the combined cloud storage as the backup destination to store more data by clicking Backup > Backup PC to Combined Cloud.
With the effective ways above, you can easily backup OneDrive to Dropbox. If you need to backup files between cloud storage frequently, you’d better use CBackup to do it, saving both time and effort. And if you need more space in Dropbox, you can also try to expand Dropbox space by merging multiple Dropbox accounts with CBackup.