4 Efficient Methods on Backup Hard Drive to OneDrive
On this page, you will know how to backup hard drive to OneDrive. Here come 4 different useful methods and clear steps for you.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Can I backup entire hard drive to OneDrive? Hi. I have all my data on hard drive (which I wish to use and backup between my work and home PC). Now if I backup my files from my hard drive to OneDrive, how to do it?
As a traditional storage device, hard drive often stores plenty of data for you. However, as data security becomes more and more important, you may need to back up the data on your hard drive to another place to keep it safe. Cloud drive has become a good choice.
Among all the cloud storage services, OneDrive is one of the most popular cloud drive. It provides safe, quick service. As a result, many users, like you, want to know if you can backup hard drive to OneDrive. The answer is yes. Then how to do it in a simple way? Read on to get more information about it.
No matter you want to backup external hard drive to OneDrive, or backup local hard drive to OneDrive, you can get a satisfying solution here. Please keep reading to know the detailed guidelines.
If you want to backup files or folders from your hard drive to OneDrive, you can go to the OneDrive official website to back up your file and folders from hard drive manually. Here are the easy step to how to backup a drive to OneDrive:
1. Navigate to the OneDrive page, please sign into your OneDrive account.
2. Choose the Upload button on the top line, and choose Files or Folder to backup to OneDrive.
3. Then you can choose your files and folders from your hard drive in the next pop-up window. After choosing, click Open.
In this way, you can choose files or folders to upload by yourself. However, it can be time-consuming if you have many files to backup.
How to backup hard drive to OneDrive? Also, OneDrive provides an official desktop app. If your files and folders are located on the hard drive, you can use this desktop app to backup files to OneDrive on PC. Please read and follow the easy guideline to how to backup D drive to OneDrive or backup C drive to OneDrive:
1. Download and install the OneDrive desktop app on your PC first. If you want to perform OneDrive backup external drive, please connect your external hard drive to your PC properly.
2. Next, you will have the OneDrive folder in the File Explorer. Just drag and drop your files from hard drive to this OneDrive folder directly. Then your files will be backed up to OneDrive automatically.
You can backup the hard drive to OneDrive on the desktop directly. But you need to download and install the OneDrive client on computer first.
There is an option in OneDrive Settings called Manage Backup, which can back up your files from certain folders. So you can move your files from hard drive to Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folder in advance. Then follow the easy guideline to backup them to OneDrive:
1. Go to the OneDrive Settings page, and choose Manage Backup under the Backup tab.
2. Then you can select the folder contains data from your hard drive to back up.
The backup process is automatic but it requires you to move data from hard drive to these specialized folders in advance.
If you want to back up not only files and folders on your hard drive, but also other types of data, “how do I back up my hard drive to OneDrive?” This method can be the perfect solution for you: a free cloud backup service called CBackup.
CBackup is a professional backup software that allows you to back up any type of data on hard drive or the entire hard drive easily to any mainstream cloud drive like OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
In addition, CBackup provides the Scheduler feature, which can make your backups automatic and regular. You just need to set up a certain frequency for them, and CBackup will help you to back up data with the frequency.
Now, you can follow the easy guideline to backup hard drive to OneDrive easily and automatically:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop client on your Windows PC. Sign up for a new CBackup account, then run CBackup to log into it.
2. Choose My Storage. Then choose OneDrive > Authorize Now. Please grant CBackup access to your OneDrive account.
3. Press the Backup icon and choose Backup PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose any data on your hard drive or the entire hard drive as the backup source, and select your OneDrive account as backup destination.
5. You can click Settings at the bottom to go to the Backup Settings to set up Scheduler. Finally, click Start Backup to backup your hard drive to OneDrive automatically.
There are always many files and other types of data on your hard drive. To backup external drive to OneDrive, maybe the 2GB free cloud storage on it is not enough for you. For this, the combined cloud storage feature in CBackup can help you to get free OneDrive storage.
1. Just choose My Storage > + Add Cloud to select OneDrive or other cloud drives and then click on Add. You can add as many cloud accounts as you have to CBackup.
2. Click on My Storage, and press + Add Combined Cloud.
3. Select the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge into a combined cloud, and then click on Next. After managing the order of your cloud drives, choose Combine.
Then, you can use the combined cloud as the backup destination by go to Backup > Backup PC to Combined Cloud.
By the way, CBackup has some other useful features for free:
This tutorial has told you how to backup hard drive to OneDrive in 4 different ways. If you want to create backups of your different types of data, it is advisable for you to choose the easy free cloud backup tool - CBackup. With the help of it, you can increase your OneDrive storage for free.