How to Add More Google Drive Storage [2 Ways and 4 Tips]
In this article, you will learn 2 useful ways to add more Google Drive storage. Another 4 tips to free up Google Drive storage are also introduced in detail.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Google Drive is a popular cloud drive option in the market, providing professional features like backup, sync, sharing, etc. Thus, you may backup files to Google Drive and backup many other types of data from your computer to cloud.
However, it is known that each Google Drive free account has only 15GB free cloud storage, which can be used up in a short period of time. In addition, the cloud storage is shared with Google Photos and Gmail.
For this, many of you need more cloud storage in Google Drive like 1TB cloud storage. How to add more Google Drive storage for more data? Here we provide 2 effective methods for you.
Generally, you can choose to add more storage to Google Drive by paying or with a free method. If you do not want to pay for Google Drive extra storage, please try the second method for Google Drive add storage.
When you find that there is not enough cloud storage in Google Drive, the most direct and basic way is to pay for an advanced plan with larger cloud storage. If you want to pay for your Google Drive storage regularly, you can follow the steps here to upgrade Google Drive storage.
1. On the Google Drive website, log into your Google Drive account properly.
2. In the left panel, click on the Buy storage button under Storage.
3. You can choose different plans with different cloud storage space here: 100GB, 200GB, and 2TB. Then pay the corresponding price.
Not everyone would like to pay for Google Drive storage. Here we prepare a method for Google Drive add space for free - using a cloud backup service called CBackup. There is a combine cloud storage in CBackup, which allows you to merge multiple cloud drive accounts into a combined cloud with larger cloud storage.
Now, you can refer to the easy tutorial to merge multiple cloud drives in CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop client on your computer now, then sign up for a new account and log into it.
2. Click on the My Storage button in the left panel. Choose Google Drive and click on Authorize Now. You can also add some other cloud drive accounts to merge together.
3. Click on the My Storage tab, then press + Add Combined Cloud.
4. Choose the Google Drive accounts that you want to merge, and then click on Next. You can change the order of these Google Drive accounts, then choose Combine.
After the above, you have a combined cloud with larger cloud storage in the cloud list. In CBackup, you can directly create a backup task to combined cloud. Here is the simple guideline:
1. Click on the Backup icon on the left menu. Then select Backup PC to Combined Cloud.
2. On the New Backup Task page, you can choose files and any other type of data from computer as source. Choose a Combined Cloud as destination. Then click on Start Backup to enjoy more Google Drive storage for free.
Sometimes, you can get more available Google Drive storage without adding more storage to it. Here are 4 tips and you can try them to free up Google Drive space.
If you have used Google Drive for a period of time, there may be some duplicate or unimportant files in your Google Drive account, which will take up lots of cloud space. Thus, you can delete files from Google Drive account selectively.
Just go to the Google Drive official website. In the My Drive section, choose duplicate and unimportant files and right-click on them. Click on the Remove option in the pop-up menu.
As you know, once you delete files and folders from Google Drive, it will not permanently delete your data immediately. Google Drive will keep your deleted files in the Trash folder for 30 days, which will occupy storage in your Google Drive account. So you can clean up the Trash folder for more free storage.
Click on the Trash option on the left menu. Press the drop-triangle icon to choose Empty trash.
Since Google Drive storage is shared with Google Photos and Gmail, you can free up some cloud storage from Google Photos by reducing the quality of photos. Here are the steps to do it:
1. Go to the Google Photos website. Go to Settings, click on Storage saver under UPLOAD SIZE FOR PHOTOS & VIDEOS.
Note: If you have uploaded many photos and videos to Google Photos, you can click Manage storage to compress them to free up some storage.
1. Click Learn more under Recover storage.
2. After learning about the tip. Click on Compress existing photos & videos.
Likewise, you can free up some storage from Gmail. There may be many emails with large attachments. After removing them, you can increase Gmail storage by freeing up storage:
1. Head to the Gmail page and log into your account. Type has:attachment larger:10M in the research box. Then click the Search icon to locate the emails that you need to delete.
2. Then, remember to go to the Bin folder to delete them completely.
That’s all about how to add more Google Drive storage. You can choose to pay for more cloud storage. Or, you can merge multiple cloud drive accounts into a combined cloud via CBackup. With such a free cloud backup service, you can enjoy the backup and sync features.