“Today when I need to use Gmail for work, the Gmail website came up with this message: ‘You can’t send or receive emails because you’re out of storage space.’ I now need more Gmail space to ensure that I can use the sending and receiving mail functions of Gmail properly. Is there an answer to tell me how to increase Gmail storage? Thank you in advance!”
As we all know, each Google account will be given 15GB of storage space. And the 15GB storage is shared with several Google Apps: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Photos, etc. Therefore, it is easy to use up such a storage space. Many users ask how to increase Gmail storage space. For this, we have listed 3 useful ways and hope they will be helpful for you.
3 Effective Ways to Increase Gmail Storage Space
To increase Gmail storage, there are some different methods. You can choose between the paid option and the free option. Both of them have their own pros and cons. Thus, you can make your decision after reading the following guideline.
Way 1. Pay for the Subscription Plans
How to increase the storage of Gmail? The most direct method is to pay for the subscription plans provided by Google. It’s known that your Gmail is connected to many other Google apps, and there are too many important messages in it. If you want a simple way to increase Gmail storage, you can try this method.
This method is direct and easy. But you need to cost much if you have lots of data in Google Drive.
Way 2. Delete Unimportant Messages
If many unimportant messages take up your Gmail space, you can delete them with the following steps:
1. Go to your Gmail interface, and check the unimportant needed to be deleted, click the Delete option.
2. Select the Bin option in the More menu on the left.
3. Click on the Empty Bin now option and OK.
Deleting messages is effective but you cannot get them back if you need them in the future.
Way 3. Free Up Google Account Storage
After knowing about increasing Gmail storage by paying for subscription plans, you may ask how to increase Gmail storage space for free. We know that Google apps use the same storage space, so we can free up Google account storage in other Google apps as below.
☛Clear Google Drive Trash
Google Drive is another important app, which means it may take up a large part of Google account storage. Generally, after you delete Google Drive files, they will be stored in the Trash still. You can follow these steps to empty the Trash to free up some Google account storage for free:
1. Go to your Google Drive interface, click on the Trash option in the left taskbar.
2. Click the Trash option on the top of your files, hit the Empty trash option. Then you can free up some Google account storage for free.
☛Compress Google Photos
Google Photos is another Google apps that is used to store photos and videos. If all your photos and videos are in original size, they will take up too much storage space for your Google account. For this, you can compress the size of them in this way:
1. Go to your Google Photos interface, click on the Main menu > Settings.
2. When you see this page, switch the option to High Quality.
3. And click the Recover storage button to Compress the photos and videos in your Google Photos and remove them from your Google storage quota.
☛Clear Google Drive Connected App Data
There may be hidden connected app data in your Google Drive, which will take up your Google storage. It’s easy to free up this part of storage with the following steps:
1. Click on the gear icon > Settings > Manage Apps.
2. Select the OPTIONS button next to the app, and click on Delete hidden app data option.
☛Clear Spam Emails in Gmail
Go to your Spam folder, select all the messages and delete them. However, Gmail automatically will delete them after 30 days.
Increase Google Drive by Combining Google Drive Accounts
How to increase space in my Gmail account? To increase Gmail storage, you can increase Google Drive storage by combing several Google Drive accounts. For this, you can use a professional cloud backup software - CBackup to help you increase Gmail storage without paying.
CBackup offers a Combined Cloud Storage feature to help you merge Google Drive accounts together. You can add as many Google Drive accounts as you have to CBackup for free. What’s more, OneDrive and Dropbox are also supported.
Let’s see how to increase Gmail storage space free via CBackup:
1. Download CBackup, sign up for a new account and log into it.
2. Click on Storagebutton to add and authorize your Google Drive accounts to CBackup. You can add as many Google Drive accounts as you have.
4. Click on the Storage tab, press the + Add Combined Cloud.
5. Tick the boxes next to the Google Drive accounts that you want to merge, and then select Next > Combine.
6. After checking, you will see a Combined Cloud in your clouds list. You can enjoy unlimited Google Drive storage by clicking on Backup PC to Combined Cloud in the Backup section.
In addition, CBackup provides many outstanding features for free. You can try them when you need a professional backup and sync service.
Backup/Sync PC to public cloud: CBackup allows you to backup or sync data from PC to different mainstream cloud drives, including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive.
Cloud to cloud backup/sync: To backup or transfer files between different cloud drive accounts, you can try the cloud to cloud backup or sync feature in CBackup for free. And it allows you to add different accounts of Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and FTP/SFTP to CBackup.
Written in the End
If you look through this page to learn how to increase Gmail storage, you can try the different solutions mentioned above. If your Google account storage is used up and you have nothing to clear, you can try CBackup to get unlimited Google storage for free.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup