3 Free Ways to Transfer Files from Google Drive to OneDrive
In this article, you will learn how to transfer Google Drive to OneDrive easily and quickly. Here are 3 useful methods and you can learn the detailed steps.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
“Hello, I’m looking for a better way to transfer Google Drive to OneDrive. I don’t want to download everything from Google Drive, then upload it to OneDrive, because it’s time-consuming. With bandwidth, it would take about 1 day, even when assuming the files are up/downloaded at full speed. But if this is the only solution, I am prepared to do it over a few nights. Any other ways to move files from Google Drive to OneDrive? Any kindly advice will be appreciated.”
Are you also using multiple cloud drives? Each cloud storage service has its own features, Google Drive is highly integrated with Google services and is popular with Android users, and OneDrive is seamlessly connected to Office as a built-in software for Windows 10.
Users may choose to use both Google Drive and OneDrive because of their different advantages. In addition, there are users' work accounts and private accounts using different cloud storage services. You may want to switch to a new OneDrive account for personal reasons, or you may need to transfer from Google Drive's public account to OneDrive's private account. So how to copy Google Drive to OneDrive? We'll give you the best solution in the next content.
Usually, if you are looking for a way to convert Google Drive to OneDrive, you may find the traditional downloading and uploading way on the internet and it may be the first option you think about, but it’s time-consuming, especially when you have a large number of files. So, if there are other choices, many users will ignore this method automatically.
Here we will show you the best free way to transfer Google Drive to OneDrive, and then introduce the other 2 ways (Google Takeout and Drive Files to OneDrive) to move files from Google Drive to OneDrive.
It’s highly recommended to use the free cloud backup software CBackup. It’s free, simple, and easy-to-use, and has some advantages you may need, cloud to cloud backup and cloud to cloud sync, both of them can help you to move Google Drive files to OneDrive without downloading and uploading, minimizing the network impact, supporting multiple flexible backup or sync settings, such as file filter, daily/weekly/monthly backup or sync, email notification, etc.
Here we will show you how to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive directly with CBackup:
1. Please create an account with the "Sign up" option and then sign in to CBackup desktop app.
2. Connect your Google Drive and OneDrive to CBackup. Go to the My Storage tab, click "Add Clouds", select "Google Drive" or "OneDrive" and then press Add. And grant access to CBackup. Then, change the Cloud name and Storage path if needed.
1. Click "Sync" and "Sync Public Cloud to Public Cloud" subsequently.
2. Hit the "New Task" button in the pop-up window.
3. Click "Add Source", select "Google Drive" and click "OK". And click "Add Destination" > "Single Cloud" > "Next" > “OneDrive” >"OK",
4. Set sync settings by clicking "Settings". Then, click "Start Sync" to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive easily.
Note: Settings provides the following schedule settings.
• If you just want to sync specific cloud files, you can use the "File Filter" setting. With it, you can choose to exclude or contain file types as you like. To some extent, it saves you sync time and disk space.
• If you want to continuously protect your data and keep it up-to-date, you could consider using daily/weekly/monthly sync.
• If you need to avoid working hours, you’d better choose One time only. It’s very convenient and you can set it to any time, such as, after 6 pm or before 9 am.
Besides, CBackup desktop app also helps you to back up data on Windows PC to CBackup Cloud (10GB free). It's the secure and cost-effective cloud storage for PC cloud backup on Windows PCs. Sync or backup files to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, as well as merge multiple cloud drives to increase Google Drive storage space for free or other cloud storage space easily.
Compared with the traditional way, "Google Takeout" is a better choice to perform Google Drive to OneDrive migration without downloading and uploading. But it requires a high-speed network. So, if your internet is healthy, you can use this method.
Step 1. Go to the Google Takeout website, click "Deselect all" and tick the checkbox at the right side of "Drive", then click "Next Step".
Step 2. Select "Add to OneDrive" as the delivery method.
Step 3. Scroll down to "Link accounts and create export" and click it.
Step 4. Then, you will be asked to log in your Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive, please do so and click "Open in OneDrive" after the exporting process ends. Or you can go to your OneDrive and view the archived files.
1. Please sign in to your Google Drive account, then go to the Settings icon > Settings.
2. Then choose Manage Apps, then click Connect more apps.
3. Then it will bring you to the Google Workspace Marketplace, just input OneDrive in the search box, and click Drive Files to OneDriveTM, then click the item.
4. Click Install and then press Continue. Then follow the steps to grant Drive Files to OneDrive to access your Google Drive account. Then the Drive Files to OneDrive has been installed successfully.
5. Click My Drive > More > Drive Files to MS OneDrive.
6. Then it will take you to the following page. Hit Select files from Google Drive button to choose some files or everything from Google Drive, then press Select target folder to save from OneDrive button to choose the target folder.
7. Press the Save to OneDrive button lastly to transfer Google Drive to OneDrive.
As we tested, it will failed to backup some files and says that Declared fragment length does not match the provided number of bytes error. And it takes much longer to transfer 50 files and maybe stuck backing up.
Reading here, you may already know what is the best way to backup Google Drive to OneDrive. You can use any one of the 3 easy methods if you have a healthy network. But if your network is poor, your best choice is to use free CBackup.
Compared with Google Takeout and Drive Files to OneDrive to transfer Google Drive to OneDrive, I prefer using free CBackup. Because it not only moves files between cloud storage, but also provides multiple backup settings that bring much convenience, such as, save backup time, keep the latest version of backup files, etc. In addition, it still resolves the limited cloud storage as long as you connect all your cloud drive to CBackup.