USB is as popular a storage method as cloud drives. But currently, the influence of cloud storage services is gradually expanding. This is because cloud storage offers more flexible storage space options compared to traditional external hard drives. Besides, saving important data in the cloud drive can avoid data loss due to USB corruption or other local failures.
As a result, you might want to sync USB to Google Drive to protect your data better. Then, how to sync external drive to Google Drive? Often, you have 3 different choices. Please keep reading to get more detailed information about Google backup and sync USB drive.
3 useful ways to sync USB to Google Drive
How to transfer files from flash drive to Google Drive? Generally, you can sync data from USB to Google Drive in 3 efficient ways: use Google Drive for Desktop program, use Google Drive Disk, or use an easy free cloud sync software.
Way 1. Sync USB to Google Drive with Drive for Desktop
How to sync files on Google Drive? Google Drive provides an official desktop program called Drive for Desktop. You can use it to sync data from USB to Google Drive directly. Here is the easy tutorial to do it:
1. First, Download and install Drive for Desktop on your computer.
2. Choose Sign in with browser on this page and sign into your Google Drive account.
3. Please connect your USB drive to the computer properly. Then press the Add device button.
4. Tick the box next to Back up to Google Drive. And click on Save.
Way 2. Sync USB to Google Drive via Google Drive Disk
Once you set up the Drive for Desktop program, there will be a Google Drive Disk on your computer. You can use it to sync USB to Google Drive or backup USB to Google Drive with ease. Please check the easy steps to use it:
1. Connect your USB drive to your computer correctly. You can see a Google Drive Disk on your computer.
2. Drag your files from the USB drive and drop them in this Google Drive Disk. Then your files will be synced from USB to Google Drive directly.
Way 3. Sync USB to Google Drive automatically
Therefore, a free easy cloud sync tool like CBackup can also help you to sync USB drive to Google Drive directly. In addition, it allows you to back up USB data to other cloud drives like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.
What’s more, you can create auto sync folder to Google Drive with the free Scheduler feature in CBackup. And there is no limitation on the size of files to sync to Google Drive.
There are some other useful features you may need in CBackup:
Combine cloud storage: You can merge unlimited cloud drive accounts to a combined cloud with larger cloud storage space for free.
Backup to public cloud: CBackup allows you to create PC auto backup to different mainstream cloud drives directly.
If you want to have a try, please click on the Download CBackup button to get it on your PC and connect your USB to the computer properly. And here are the easy steps to sync USB to Google Drive automatically.
1. Sign up for a new account and launch the CBackup application to log into your account.
2. Choose the Storage tab, then add your Google Drive account. In the pop-up window, choose Google Drive > Authorize Now. You may follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your Google Drive account.
3. Next, please click on the Sync tab to choose Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose files on your USB drive as the sync source. And then select the folder in your Google Drive account as the sync destination.
5. Press the Settings button to enable the Scheduler feature to make your sync task automated, which can save much time and effort for you. After the above, just click on the Start Sync button to sync your USB to Google Drive without effort.
⇒ Note: With the help of the cloud to cloud sync feature in CBackup, your files can be synced between two different cloud drive accounts. Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and FTP/SFTP are all supported.
Get more Google Drive storage space for free
Though Google Drive provides many useful features, it only offers 15GB of free cloud storage for each user. If you need more cloud storage, you do not need to pay for an extra subscription plan. Just use the combine cloud storage feature for free in CBackup, which allows you to merge unlimited cloud drive accounts from the same cloud drive or different cloud drives. Here is the simple guide to get it:
1. Like the above, click on the Storage > + Add Cloud button first. Select Google Drive and click on Add. You can add as many Google accounts as you have. Or you can add some other cloud drive accounts.
2. Choose the Storage tab > + Add Combined Cloud.
3. Tick the boxes next to the Google Drive accounts that you added, then click on Next. After determining the order of your Google Drive accounts, choose Combine to finish the combing operation.
4. Then, you will have a new Combined Cloud in your cloud list. You can choose the Combined Cloud as a backup destination when you want to backup files from PC to the combined Google cloud.
Wrapping things up
Now, you may have known how to sync USB to Google Drive. You can download the official Google Drive for Desktop program to help you. Also, a free easy cloud service tool is a nice option, which allows you to sync data from USB to Google Drive directly and automatically. You can sync as many files as you have via CBackup.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup