3 Solutions to Sync Hard Drive to OneDrive [Easy Guide]
In this guide, you will know 3 effective solutions to sync hard drive to OneDrive. After reading, you can select the easiest one to create sync tasks.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
What's the best 3rd party tool I can use on Windows to upload 5TB of data from my external 2.5" hard drive to OneDrive? Preferably, the software has multi-threading and can be configured to auto-sync when my external drive is detected.
With the development of the data era, the traditional way of saving data like hard drive can no longer meet the needs of people. A more cost-effective and convenient way of storing data than hard drive has appeared on the market: cloud storage.
As one of the most popular cloud storage services around the world, OneDrive has become the choice of many users. But you have stored lots of data on your hard drive, so you may ask if you can sync hard drive to OneDrive. You can sync your hard drive to OneDrive in different ways and here come 3 efficient solutions. With the help of them, you can sync external hard drive to OneDrive, sync local hard drive to OneDrive without effort.
To sync external drive to OneDrive or sync other type of hard drives to OneDrive, you can use two OneDrive official apps: web app and desktop app. In addition, a professional cloud sync software can be an available choice for you.
Traditionally, the OneDrive web app can help you to sync files and folders from your hard drive. And you do not need to download any extra desktop software. However, you need to sync data from your hard drive to OneDrive manually. If you have lots of hard drive data or the entire hard drive to sync, you can consider using the next 2 methods.
Follow the easy guideline to sync files or folders from hard drive to OneDrive:
1. On the OneDrive page, sign into your OneDrive account.
2. Press the Upload button on the top. Then you can choose Files or Folder to sync to OneDrive.
3. In the next pop-up window, you can choose your files and folders in the hard drive. Then click Open.
If you want a more convenient method on syncing hard drive, you can also try the OneDrive official desktop app. If your PC is based on Windows 11/10/8.1, the desktop app has been installed in the operating system already. If you are using an older version of Windows system please download and install OneDrive first. Then, follow the steps below to do:
1. Log into your OneDrive account here.
2. If you accept the default location of OneDrive files, press Next. If you want to change the location, just choose another folder location for your hard drive files.
3. After configuration, you will have an OneDrive folder on your PC. To sync your hard drive to OneDrive, you can drag data from the hard drive into this OneDrive folder directly.
If you want an easier method for OneDrive sync external drive and other types of hard drive, you can try a free cloud sync service called CBackup.
With CBackup, you can create sync task from hard drive to OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Both files from hard drive and the entire hard drive are supported to sync via CBackup.
Besides, the Scheduler feature in CBacup will help you to perform sync task automatically so that you do not need to do it manually.
Now, you can click on the Download CBackup button to get the CBackup desktop app. And follow the simple guideline to sync your hard drive to OneDrive automatically:
1. After downloading and installing the CBackup client, sign up for an account and open it to log into your account.
2. Click on the My Storage tab. Choose OneDrive > Authorize Now. Please follow the step-by-step instructions to let CBackup have access to your OneDrive account.
3. Click on the Sync tab on the left side, and click on Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose data from hard drive as sync source. Then choose a folder in the OneDrive account you just added as the sync destination. Click Settings to enable Scheduler feature for free.
5. After that, press the Start Sync button to sync hard drive to OneDrive automatically.
For better protection of your hard drive, it is advisable for you to create backups of your hard drive. In this way, the data on cloud will not lose if it is deleted on the hard drive. CBackup also provides professional cloud backup services. You can use it to back up hard drive to OneDrive for free:
1. In CBackup, go to the Backup page and choose Backup PC to Public Cloud.
2. Choose any files or other types of data on your hard drive as the backup source, and choose your OneDrive account as backup destination.
3. Finally, click Start Backup to backup your hard drive to OneDrive easily.
Among the 3 useful ways to sync hard drive to OneDrive, you can choose the most suitable one for your hard drive. If you want to perform sync task manually, you can use the official app directly, if you want to enjoy more professional cloud sync features and sync your hard drive without effort, you can try CBackup for free.