I have been using an external hard drive to sync files between my home computer and the office computer for many years, but I have decided to use a Dropbox folder instead to gain better convenience and security.
Hard drive is a traditional data storage device for you. It can save many types of data for you and you can take it everywhere. However, a more convenient way to save data has appeared - cloud storage service. Dropbox is one of the most famous cloud storage services in the market.
As a result, you may want to move your data from hard drive to Dropbox to enjoy more cloud features. If you have lots of files and other kinds of data on the hard drive, don’t worry, you can sync hard drive to Dropbox in the 3 ways in the following part.
How to sync hard drive to Dropbox: 3 ways
If you want to sync external hard drive to Dropbox or sync local hard drive and other types of hard drive to Dropbox, you can try these 3 ways one by one until you find the most suitable solution to your hard drive. Or, you can go to the third way directly to enjoy the complete cloud sync service.
Way 1. Sync hard drive to Dropbox on website
First, you can let Dropbox sync external drive and other types of hard drives on website directly. There are 2 different operation guidelines to sync files and folders from hard drive to Dropbox. You can choose one to sync hard drive manually.
Guideline 1. Drag and drop files or folders
On the Dropbox website, you can drag and drop files or folders from your hard drive to Dropbox directly.
1. On the Dropbox website and log in to your Dropbox account properly.
2. Find your hard drive in File Explorer. Drag the files or folders that needs to be synced to Dropbox, and drop into the Dropbox website directly.
Guideline 2. Upload files or folders manually
You can also use the upload feature on the page. You need to do it manually by following the steps below:
1. Go to the Home tab, choose Upload files/Upload folder.
2. Then you can choose files or folders from hard drive in the next pop-up windows to sync to Dropbox.
Way 2. Sync hard drive to Dropbox on desktop
To sync external drive to Dropbox and sync other types of hard drive to Dropbox, you can also use the official Dropbox desktop app to help you.
1. Download and install the Dropbox desktop client first. And sign in to your Dropbox account correctly.
2. Dropbox will create a new Dropbox folder on your PC. Likewise, you can drag and drop data from your hard drive to this folder. Then they will be synced to Dropbox automatically.
Way 3. Sync hard drive to Dropbox easily
Want an easier method for Dropbox external hard drive sync and Dropbox hard drive sync? You can try the free easy cloud backup service - CBackup.
With the help of CBackup, you can sync hard drive data or the entire hard drive to Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive directly. There is no limitation on sync speed and size of data.
And CBackup provides a free Scheduler feature that can let you make Dropbox automatic sync, which will not miss any data on your hard drive.
CBackup has many shining points compared with other sync methods:
You can get unlimited cloud storage for your hard drive with the combine cloud storage.
With the cloud to cloud sync/backup feature, your data can be transferred/backed up between any two cloud drive accounts on the CBackup platform directly.
The backup PC to public cloud feature is also supported.
Just follow the easy guideline to sync hard drive to Dropbox via CBackup:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop app on your PC. Sign up for a new account and open the client to log into your account.
2. Go to the Storage section. Please choose Dropbox and click on Authorize Now to continue.
3. Next go to the Sync tab on the left menu, and choose Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose any file, folder, program, and other types of data on your hard drive as sync source. Choose a folder from the Dropbox account you just added as the sync destination. And enable Scheduler in the Settings page.
5. After configuration, press the Start Sync button to sync your hard drive to Dropbox automatically.
Bonus tip: Backup hard drive to protect it better
If you want solution to sync hard drive to Dropbox to protect the data security, it is not safe enough. It is advisable for you to create backups of your hard drive so that your data will not get lost on the cloud. CBackup offers a backup versions feature and you can restore to any version of the backup with ease. You can use it by following the easy guideline here:
1. Choose Backup > Backup PC to Public Cloud.
2. Select hard drive data as the backup source and select the added Dropbox account as the backup destination. Then, please press Start Backup to backup hard drive to Dropbox without effort.
Written in the end
Reading here, you can choose an efficient way to sync hard drive to Dropbox. You can choose the official Dropbox app or a professional cloud sync service. We highly recommend you to use the easy free cloud sync service called CBackup so that your sync task will become much easier and safer.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup