How to Set Up Public Cloud Connect with Ease
Do you need a method for public cloud connect? Please read this article to learn more details about it.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Firstly, you must understand what cloud storage is. Cloud storage is a method of storing data off a traditional physical drive (such as a hard drive) but into an online storage space.
Today, there are various cloud storage services on the market such as Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, and more and more users are using more than one cloud storage service at the same time in order to meet their storage needs.
Public cloud service is one of the most widely used cloud storage services. Therefore, public cloud connect becomes an urgent need in order to be able to manage multiple public clouds at the same time.
If you are using more than one public cloud service, cloud connectivity can bring you much convenience. Let’s see some advantages of public cloud connect:
☛ Manage several public clouds simultaneously: After setting a public cloud connection, you can manage selected public clouds with just one login, which makes your operation on the cloud much easier.
☛ Get more storage: Once you connect several public clouds, it means the cloud storage space of them is combined together into a larger one. You can store more data on the combined cloud.
☛ Improve the data security: Public cloud connection will protect data on all of your cloud drives at the same time.
☛ Get useful features: Cloud connectivity services often provide sufficient features for cloud storage or transferring.
To set up public cloud connect, the easiest way is to use cloud connectivity services. For example, CBackup is a nice try. CBackup provides a great feature called Combined Cloud Storage, which allows you to manage and connectmultiple cloud storage accounts for free.
With this feature of CBackup, you can add your public cloud drives including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive on one interface and connect them easily.
What’s more, CBackup bases on the OAuth system, which enables CBackup to access public cloud drives without username and password. So you do not need to worry about your account safety.
Now, let’s set up public cloud connect with these easy steps:
1. Download CBackup, sign up for a new account, and log into it.
2. Then you need to click on Storage. If you want to set up a public cloud connect between Google Drive and Dropbox, select Google Drive and click on Authorize Now. And do the same to add Dropbox, you can add as many accounts as you have.
3. After adding your public cloud drives, select the Storage tab, press the + Add Combined Cloud to create a new public cloud connect.
4. Check the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge, and then click on Next.
5. Then you can change the cloud order and then choose Combine.
6. After the above, you will have a Combined Cloud in your cloud list. You can select the Combined Cloud as a destination for backup or sync with just one login.
In addition to third-party tools, you can also set up public cloud connect manually. Here we post 2 different traditional ways for public cloud connect.
To connect different cloud drives, you can use the traditional way without installing any desktop apps. Just download and upload data on the website. Let’s take Dropbox and OneDrive as an example:
1. Go to the Dropbox website, log into your account.
2. Click on the All files option to tick the files you want to connect with OneDrive. And click the Download button to download them to your PC.
3. Go to the OneDrive website, log into your account.
4. Click on the Files > Upload button to upload the file downloaded from Dropbox.
In addition to manual downloading and uploading, the Sharing feature in cloud drive can also help you to set up public cloud connect. Here we list steps to use the Sharing feature of OneDrive and Dropbox
1. Go to the OneDrive website and sign in to your account.
2. Press the + New button to create a new folder called Shared Folder. And move your files to it.
3. Click on the Shared Folder by clicking the circle next to it. Click the Share on the top line.
4. Tick the Allow editing and then click the Apply button.
5. If you get back to the main share window, click the Copy button to copy the link to your clipboard.
6. Paste the link to access the files on the account. If you have more than one OneDrive accounts, repeat the simple steps.
1. Go to the Dropbox website and log into your account.
2. Put all the files into one folder.
3. Click on the Shared option in the left sidebar, and click on the Create shared folder button. Select I’d like to share an existing folder.
4. Fill in the other Dropbox account and enable Can edit. Finally, click on Share.
On this page, we post 3 different ways to set up public cloud connect. The easiest one is to use CBackup to combine different cloud drives. And you can use the manual method as well. But with the help of CBackup, you can manage several cloud drive accounts with one login and on a single interface for free.