6 Easy Fixes to Local Disk D Missing Problem And 1 Tip
My local disk D is missing suddenly, How do I fix it easily? Here you will find 6 ways and 1 tip for you to recover local D drive effectively.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
My local disk D missing in Windows 10
Hi all, I got a problem with drive D. I was using my laptop yesterday and it was everything OK and after turning it on today I am missing drive D. The point is that I didn't do anything before I shut down yesterday. I was really surprised that it had just disappeared. Does anybody have any tips?
- Question from tenforums.com
If you are stuck in the above situation, please calm down and read this article carefully before taking action.
First of all, you need to troubleshoot the problem using the basic information, that disk D is another physical hard disk in your computer or just a part of your current hard disk.
Now, we will show you 6 effective ways to fix it with detailed information, just follow me.
If you found that your local D drive is missing, the first thing you must do is reboot your computer. Because reboot can solve most computer problems. After that, check if the D drive still missing. Congratulations if that works, or you might need to try the next way if the problem still exists.
1. Please click This PC on your desktop, and then right-click it, and select the Manage option.
2. It will open the Computer Management window, now, click Action > Rescan Disks.
After scanning, see whether the local Disk D missing is solved or not.
If you have an outdated drive driver on your computer, the disk can be inaccessible, even the local D drive suddenly missing, etc. So, please update your device drivers to the latest version.
1. Please go to This PC > Manage > System Tools > Device Manager > Disk Drives.
2. Expand Disk drives, right-click the hard disk, and choose the Update driver option.
3. It will update the driver automatically. Now check if my local D drive still missing or not.
Sometimes, the local hard disk D missing is caused by a damaged cable or faulty port, just reconnect the D drive with another cable or port, and check it. Of course, you could take out the local disk D and put it into a hard drive enclosure with a USB port, then check if the problem is solved.
Now, see if your local hard drive appears in the BIOS or not, if you cannot find it in BIOS, please go to safe mode to troubleshoot.
1. Restart your computer and repeatedly click the F8 key while booting, and choose Enable Safe Mode with Networking option.
2. Then run the command prompt as an administrator.
3. Execute the command lines one by one:
chkdsk /f /r
If you confirmed that the local disk D is missing due to the physical damage, the only option for this problem is to replace it with another one. You may need the help of professionals and advice to make sure it is replaced properly.
After trying the above solutions, you’re probably to fix it now. After fixing it. It’s highly recommended to try the free cloud backup service - CBackup to backup or sync your hard drive critical data to Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. And it prevents you from losing data on the local hard drive due to unexpected things, like system crashes, disk failures, etc.
Besides, CBackup provides you the powerful features while backing up:
Now, please follow the detailed steps to backup local hard disk, including D drive, to Google Drive for example:
1. Please download the CBackup desktop app, and then sign up for a new CBackup account, and log in.
2. Select the Storage tab, select Google Drive, and click Authorize Now. Then grant CBackup to access Google Drive. Back to CBackup window, and completed the Google Drive information.
3. Tap the Backup > Backup PC to Public Cloud.
4. Customize the Task Name to differ from others, choose local hard disk data for backup, and select Google Drive as the backup destination.
5. Press the Start Backup button to backup hard drive to Google Drive easily.
If your Google Drive storage space is not enough to hold all your hard drive files, you could use the combined cloud of CBackup to merge multiple Google Drive accounts to increase Google Drive storage space for free. Moreover, CBackup offers you other useful features like:
Here, you could find the 6 solutions for the local disk D is missing on your computer, and after solving it, it’s highly recommended to try the free cloud backup service to backup hard drive to cloud to safeguard your data, or just backup D drive to OneDrive, or other clouds.