Currently, my OneDrive has a bunch of folders in it that aren't particularly useful. I want it to be such that everything in my User folder is synced up to OneDrive automatically while also being usable on my PC. How do I go about this? How to get everything on my computer to sync up to OneDrive automatically?
As one of the most popular cloud storage services, OneDrive provides professional cloud file management features including backup, sync, sharing, etc. Thus, you may want to create OneDrive sync from PC to cloud for convenience. Moreover, you want to find a way to sync computer with OneDrive so that all data on your computer can be protected, shared on OneDrive. How do I make my computer sync with OneDrive automatically? Here comes the best free solution and detailed operation guidelines.
Best solution to sync computer with OneDrive automatically
Generally, you go to the OneDrive website or use the OneDrive desktop client to perform OneDrive sync any folder or files. However, both the official website and desktop client do not support to sync the entire computer to OneDrive.
Here comes the best free solution to sync computer to OneDrive - a cloud backup service called CBackup. CBackup is a professional cloud service with a stable sync feature. It supports to sync all kinds of data to cloud such as files, folders, programs, settings, user files, and the entire computer.
In addition to OneDrive, other mainstream cloud drives are also supported to be the sync destination including Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. And there is a Scheduler feature in CBackup, which can make your sync task automatical and regular.
How do I make my computer sync with OneDrive automatically? Here is a simple guideline to sync computer with OneDrive automatically via CBackup:
1. First, download and install the CBackup desktop app on your computer for free. Sign up for an account and open it to log into the new account.
2. Go to the Storage section. Choose OneDrive > Authorize Now. Please follow the detailed instructions to grant CBackup access to your Google Drive account.
3. Click on the Sync tab on the left taskbar, and then choose Sync PC to Public Cloud.
4. Choose the entire computer as the sync source. Then select a certain folder in the OneDrive account you just added to CBackup as the sync destination.
5. You can press the Settings button on the left bottom to use the Scheduler feature here to create schedule OneDrive sync automatically, which will save much time and effort for you. After that, press the Start Sync button on the sync task page to sync computer to OneDrive automatically without any effort.
How to sync computer files with OneDrive
Sometimes, if you just want to sync some computer files with OneDrive or sync PC folder to OneDrive instead of the entire computer, there are 2 different choices for you.
Way 1. Sync computer files with OneDrive manually in official client
First, you can choose to use the official client provided by OneDrive. If you are using a computer based on Windows 10 or 11, OneDrive desktop client has been built into your system. If you are using an older version of Windows system, please download it from OneDrive official website in advance.
Then, follow the easy steps below to sync computer files with OneDrive desktop client:
1. Run the OneDrive desktop client, then please Enter your email address to log into your OneDrive account.
2. The OneDrive folder’s default location will show up on this page. You can also click Change location to choose another location for your OneDrive folder.
3. After the above, you will have a OneDrive folder on your computer. To sync files or folders to OneDrive, drag and drop them into this folder manually, then they will be synced to OneDrive.
Way 2. Sync computer files with OneDrive automatically via CBackup
In addition to syncing computer with OneDrive, CBackup also allows you to choose certain files or folders to sync to OneDrive. You just need to add your OneDrive account to CBackup, and go to choose Sync PC to Public Cloud in the Sync section likewise.
On this task page, you can choose any computer file or folder as the sync source, then choose a folder in OneDrive as the sync destination. And the Scheduler feature is also available in such a file sync task. Finally, click on Start Sync to begin the computer file sync to OneDrive automatically.
Tip: Get more OneDrive cloud storage for free
Syncing the entire computer to OneDrive requires enough cloud storage space in OneDrive. But there is only 5GB free cloud storage in each OneDrive account. To get more OneDrive free storage, you can try the combine cloud storage feature in CBackup.
With this feature, you are allowed to merge unlimited OneDrive accounts into a combined cloud with unlimited cloud storage. Here comes the easy operation steps to form a combined cloud in CBackup for free:
1. In CBackup, add and authorize all your OneDrive accounts likewise.
2. Next, in the Storage button, press + Add Combined Cloud.
3. Check all the OneDrive accounts that you want to merge, and click on Next. You can manage the order of your OneDrive cloud drives, then choose Combine to create a combined cloud.
In addition to the combine cloud storage feature, CBackup has many other useful feature that may help you a lot:
Backup to public cloud: Professional backup feature is also supported in CBackup. You can back up computer to OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. for better protection.
Cloud to cloud sync/backup: To sync or backup files between different cloud drive accounts, you can try cloud to cloud sync or backup feature in CBackup for free. You can add different accounts of Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and FTP/SFTP to CBackup.
How do I make my computer sync with OneDrive automatically? The best free way has been introduced on this page. You can use it to sync your computer, files, folder, programs, and other kinds of data to OneDrive effortlessly. Another 2 solutions to sync computer files to OneDrive are also listed for you.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup