2 Ways + 1 Tip to Do Exchange Online Backup Easily
Are you looking for the way to perform Exchange Online backup? Come to read the article and get the best Exchange Online backup solution, as well as supplementary information.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Plenty of Microsoft users may be curious about how to backup Exchange online for mailbox to safeguard the important data. Don’t worry. The problem will be solved in this article, just read on patiently.
List of Contents
Before solving the problem of backing up Exchange online, you should know what is Exchange and what is it used for first.
Exchange, officially called Microsoft office 365 Exchange, is a cloud email service that allows businesses or organizations to access and use their emails, calendars, contacts, sites and tasks from computers, the web, and mobile devices. And Exchange includes the on-premises Exchange and the Exchange Online two parts. Besides, Exchange Online can be considered as a hosted messaging solution for Microsoft Exchange Server.
By the way, if you’re interested in how to backup email in Exchange Online, please refer to the information.
Why do you need Office 365 Exchange online backup? It’s tedious and difficult for administrators to backup on premise Exchange files to Exchange Online. Although Exchange Online offers relatively high security to protect user accounts from phishing scams, insider threats as well as accidental data loss, Exchange Online clients may still face permanent data loss risks and other unknown errors. Here are some reasons for Microsoft Exchange online backup, please have a check.
If the file was deleted from the Exchange Online recycle bin, you can’t retrieve it with native data recovery tools. So backing up your Exchange data can surely protect your important files.
☛Limited storage for Exchange mailbox:
The Exchange mailbox storage is 50GB normally, backup Exchange data to other clouds will save your mailbox storage.
In fact, the Exchange mailboxes are in Exchange database files, and the database files owns a file extension .edb, which contains all the information that important for you, like emails, notes, tasks, calendars, contacts, and so on. And they located at the following location depending on the Exchange Server.
If you’re running Exchange Server 2019 and 2016 versions, the default Exchange database files located:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Mailbox\Mailbox Database Name.edb
For Exchange Server 2013 version, they located:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Mailbox\Mailbox database Name\Mailbox database Name.edb
For Exchange Server 2010 version, they located:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Mailbox Database\Mailbox Database.edb
For Exchange Server 2007, they located:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Mailbox\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database.edb
For Exchange 2003 and 2000, they located:
Fortunately, the professional Windows backup software - AOMEI Backupper Server can help you to perform Exchange online email backup. Here are the steps to backup exchange database files to OneDrive.
1. Please download AOMEI Backupper Server on your computer, install and perform it.
2. Click Backup > File Backup.
3. Hit Add Folder button to choose the Exchange database files to backup.
4. Tap the triangle icon > Select a cloud drive > OneDrive > OK.
5. Press the Start Backup button to backup Exchange online easily.
As a powerful and secure cloud backup service, CBackup can help you backup any data, including Exchange Online, on PC for free. It offers 10 GB of free CBackup Cloud storage for each new user, allowing a large scale of files backup with rather easy steps on the CBackup platform. Since it supports the third-party cloud drive as the backup storage, like OneDrive, Dropbox, you’re allowed to realize Office 365 Cloud Backup to you Microsoft OneDrive account via CBackup.
Now, you may wonder how to make Microsoft Exchange Online backup via CBackup. Simple as it is, you can do as follows.
1. Please download and create a new account of CBackup, and then sign in to CBackup desktop app on your PC.
2. To backup Exchange to the OneDrive account on PC, you should find your Exchange database files at first. Then, please do the following steps.
Select the My Storage icon on the left bar, and click Add Cloud, then please choose OneDrive and click on Add. Then follow the steps to grant access to CBackup, allowing you to add OneDrive to CBackup storage.
3. Next, you can edit the information of OneDrive on CBackup, like Display name, Storage path, etc. And tick Note at the bottom and click OK.
4. Now, please tap Backup Tasks > New Task to create a new backup task. Rename the Task Name if you like, and click Add Source > Local Files to choose Exchange Online data on PC, then click Add Destination > Single Cloud > Next > OneDrive > OK in turn.
5. Click Settings on the bottom left, then check Set a backup schedule for automated backup under Scheduled Backup tab, choose an interval to backup files to OneDrive from 4 modes, like one time only, daily, weekly, or monthly.
6. Press Start Backup on the bottom to start the auto backup task to OneDrive as you set.
What if your current storage for data backup is not enough? No worries. If you have multiple cloud accounts, you are lucky to get unlimited free cloud storage using CBackup by combining all the idle and free cloud space of different cloud storage. Sounds interesting? Here’s how to do it.
1. Please repeat the step 2 of backing up Exchange to OneDrive to add all your cloud drive accounts to CBackup. Then, click on the "My Storage +" button, and select the "New Combined Cloud" option.
2. Tick all the boxes next to the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge. After that, click on "Next". Then, you will see a "Combined Cloud" in your clouds list as the backup destination.
To conclude, if you require Exchange online backup, there are two ways for you to deal with. CBackup cloud backup software can be the best alternative for you, which allows you to carry out multiple data backups simply for free, including Exchange, enjoy many valuable services and get unlimited storage. Besides, you can check the additional information about Exchange if necessary.