Copy Files Between OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Fast
We will show you how to copy files between OneDrive for Business and SharePoint effectively in 4 different ways.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
OneDrive for Business and SharePoint are both great office tools from Microsoft, providing many professional features for your collaboration work. In both OneDrive for Business and SharePoint, you can share files with others smoothly.
However, SharePoint is more focused on creating and sharing files. What’s more, SharePoint can work perfectly with the Microsoft Office suite and you can use it as a free cloud storage service.
Sometimes, your team is using SharePoint while you are using OneDrive for Business. For a better user experience, you need a way to copy files between OneDrive for Business and SharePoint.
To create a task for SharePoint OneDrive sync, there are some different ways including manual methods and easier tools. You can choose a suitable solution for your data after looking it through.
Generally, if you do not have a number of files to copy from OneDrive for Business to SharePoint, you can consider downloading and uploading them to finish the copy task manually. You can copy selected files or folders totally according to your requirements. Here is the guideline to perform it:
1. In a browser, go to the OneDrive official web page and log into your OneDrive for Business account.
2. On the My files page, you can choose certain files or folders to download.
3. After downloading files from your OneDrive for Business account, just switch to the SharePoint page. And upload them to SharePoint manually.
There is an official feature called Move to that can help you perform OneDrive sync to SharePoint. If your OneDrive for Business and SharePoint are both under the same Microsoft 365 account, you can try this function to copy files from OneDrive to SharePoint directly. Go to do it by following the steps here:
1. Go to the OneDrive page and log into your OneDrive for Business account.
2. Tick the boxes next to the files that need to be copied, then press the Move to icon on the top line.
3. Select a path of your SharePoint site as the copy destination. Then press the Move here button on this page.
Microsoft offers an online service called Microsoft Power Automate, which can be used as a OneDrive to SharePoint migration tool. In addition, it can help you transfer files from one OneDrive account to another easily. Let’s discuss how to operate it.
1. Navigate to the Microsoft Power Automate template web page. Log into your Microsoft 365 account, please.
2. Put Move file from OneDrive for Business to SharePoint and notify me in the search box and select it.
3. Sign into your OneDrive for Business account and SharePoint account. Then press the Continue button at the bottom.
4. Choose your OneDrive for Business account as the source. Select SharePoint account as the destination. You can add a notification setting to notify you. Then press Save.
In addition to official Microsoft features, we want to recommend an easier way to copy files between OneDrive for Business and SharePoint: using a cloud storage manager service called MultCloud.
In MultCloud, you are allowed to add more than 30 types of cloud drives here and manage them on one interface, including OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint, Google Drive, Dropbox, Google Workspace, FTP, and more. Thus, you can copy files from OneDrive for Business to SharePoint without switching between different cloud storage services.
Let’s see what shining points MultCloud has:
Now, let’s see how to copy files between OneDrive for Business and SharePoint with a few clicks:
1. Go to the MultCloud official web page. Create a new account.
2. First, you need to add your SharePoint and OneDrive for Business accounts to MultCloud in turn. Just click on Add Cloud on the left panel.
3. Then, click on the Cloud Transfer option. You can select files from your OneDrive for Business account as the transfer source. Then choose SharePoint as the transfer destination. After that, you can press Transfer Now to copy files between them at once.
We have introduced 4 ways to copy files between OneDrive for Business and SharePoint in this tutorial. You can select your favorite method and they can be also used to copy files from OneDrive to SharePoint. We advise you to try the cloud manager tool MultCloud, which can save you much time and effort during the file transfer task.