Google Drive on mobile phone
As we all know, Google Drive offers 15 GB of free storage space to each user and provides various apps for different devices. For users of mobile phones, Google Drive offers an app that allows users to upload, view, share, and edit files with Google Drive.
Meanwhile, the Google Drive app on mobile phones supports multiple types of files including documents, images, audio, video, and so on. To use Google Drive on your Android phone or iPhone, you can go to the Amazon App Store, Google Play, iOS App Store, or Microsoft Store to download the Google Drive app for smartphones.
Why backup phone to Google Drive?
Nowadays, Google Drive has been one of the most popular cloud storage around the world for its generous free storage space, abundant and advanced features, reasonable pricing plans as well as high security. So, more and more choose Google Drive as their offsite backup solution or cloud storage solution.
If you are using Google Drive on your computer, it is a great idea to download the Google Drive mobile application to backup your important data from phones to Google cloud server and enable access to your files regardless of where you go.
If you have never used Google Drive, Google Drive is also a good backup destination for your phone, because it provides 15GB of free storage, enough for you to back up all important data. In addition, it is quite easy to use and it works well with other Google products, which can save you time and energy.
How to backup phone to Google Drive manually?
If you don’t know how to backup phone to Google Drive, you can read the following part carefully. Here are the steps to backup iPhone to Google Drive. These steps are also applicable to backup Android phone to Google drive.
1. Download the Google Drive app from Google Play or iOS App Store and install it.
2. On your iPhone, open the Google Drive app.
3. In the bottom right corner, you'll see a multicolored "+" icon. Tap it. Then, tap "Upload".
4. Find and tap the files you want to backup and tap "Upload". (In the upper-right corner of the screen). Your selected files will begin uploading to Google Drive.
☛The amount of time this takes will vary depending on the size of the upload.
☛To upload a folder, you should open Drive on your computer with a browser.
☛Once the files are uploaded, you'll be able to access them from Google Drive on any Internet-connected computer or Smart Phone.
☛When you upload a file to Google Drive, it will take up space in your Drive, even if you upload it to a folder owned by someone else.
How to backup phone to Google Drive automatically?
On Android phone
Actually, some Android phones allows users to enable auto backup setting to backup files to Google Drive from smartphones automatically. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the “Settings” on your phone and swipe the screen to find “Google”.
2. Click “Backup” under the personal account, and then toggle the switch to enable “Back up to Google Drive”.
3. To complete the whole process, you need to press the “Back up now” button, and it will start backing up all files to Google Drive.
Here are simple steps on how to auto backup iPhone to Google Drive:
1. Open your Google Drive and click on “Menu” which is at the top-left corner of the app.
2. Next, click on “Settings” and then, tap on “Backup”. Finally, tap on “Start Backup”, then the backing up process will begin.
How to restore files from Google Drive on phone?
You may need to restore the files from Google Drive to the original mobile phone or a new phone after backing up sometimes. If you just need to restore a part of files in Google Drive, you can download them manually. Please refer to the following steps:
1. Download the Google Drive app from Google Play and launch it on your phone.
2. Find the files that you want to download and click the "three-point" option next to the file's name. Choose "Download" in the menu.
Bonus tip: how to enlarge your Google Drive backup space?
If you need to backup photos to Google Drive from phone continuously, the 15 GB of free storage space may be not enough because images will take up much space. To get more storage space, you can upgrade your account or merge multiple Google Drive accounts to get more backup space for free.
CBackup is a professional and free cloud backup service that can help you combine the storage space of each Google accounts into a huge, even unlimited backup space. After combination, you can backup files to this storage pool with CBackup easily and safely.
1. Download CBackup on your computer and install it.
2. Open CBackup app. Sign up for a CBackup account and log in.
3. Click “My Storage” on the left side, and click the “+ Add Cloud” button, then choose Google Drive and hit Add. Then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your Google Drive files.
4. After adding, all your Google Drive accounts are listed here. Click the “My Storage +” button, you will see a “New Combined Cloud” option in the menu. Click it.
5. Tick the box next to the cloud storage account that you want to combine. After checking, click on “Next”. Then, you will have a Combine Cloud in your clouds list and you can choose it as a backup destination.
Follow the steps above, you can easily backup phone to Google Drive manually or automatically. And if you need to restore your files from Google Drive to the old or new phone, you can also find the detailed steps in the contents above. What’s more, if you need a free way to enlarge your Google Drive backup space, you can rely on CBackup.