How to Backup Operating System in Windows 10 [3 Ways]
For a solution to backup operating system in Windows 10, this article will give you 3 satisfying answers. Read on to get detailed operation steps.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
I want to try other operating systems, but the problem is that if I change my mind I want to be able to go back to Windows 10 operating system. So I want to back up my Windows 10 system to the cloud first so that when I change my mind I can easily go back to my original Windows 10 OS.
- Question from Reddit
When you want to switch operating systems, or get a new device, it is advisable to make a backup of your original system. You may want to know if you can backup operating system in Windows 10. Of course you can do it. Before getting to learn the effective guideline, let’s see the importance of a system backup.
There are all kinds of data in your operating system nowadays. Some users may ask that is it necessary to backup operating system. It is advisable for you to backup your operating system for these reasons:
If you want to backup Windows 10 operating system only, here come 2 useful solutions to help you. You can choose the more suitable one after looking through the following parts.
How to backup Windows 10 operating system? There is a professional data backup service that provides specialized system backup feature called AOMEI Backupper. With the help of it, you can backup Windows 10 system to hard drives, network drives, cloud, etc. Besides, other versions of Windows systems including Windows 8/10/11 are also supported.
In addition, you can choose many different backup destinations like external hard drives, SD Cards, USBs, network drives/NAS, cloud, and more.
You can create a full backup, incremental backup, or differential backup in AOMEI Backupper. And files, disks, and partitions are all supported to be backed up here.
To backup a Windows operating system, please refer to the easy steps below:
1. First, download and install the AOMEI Backupper desktop client on your PC.
2. In AOMEI Backupper, go to the Backup tab and choose the System Backup option on this page.
3. All the system partitions will be chosen as the backup source by default. Choose a destination for your system backup. After that, press the Start Backup button to backup your Windows 10 system.
If you do now want to download any extra software, how to backup OS in Windows 10? You can use the built-in backup tool called Backup and Restore. It can help you to create a Windows system image backup on your PC. It is a local backup method, and you can follow the clear guideline here:
1. Open the Control Panel page, and choose Backup and Restore under the System and Security tab.
2. In the left path, click on Create a system image.
3. Then, choose a backup destination for the system backup. You can choose a hard drive, DVD, or a network location.
To protect your system files better, you can choose a professional cloud backup service like CBackup.
CBackup is a free and stable cloud backup service that provides comprehensive backup features including system backup, file backup, folder backup, program backup, hard drive backup, and more. And it is available in Windows 11/10/8/7.
Many mainstream cloud drives can be the backup destination in CBackup including Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and so on. And the backup task can be performed automatically and regularly by using the Scheduler feature for free.
If you need to backup your system files to the cloud, consider using this free easy way:
1. Download and install the CBackup desktop program on your Windows 10 PC. Sign up for a CBackup account for yourself, then run the program to log into it.
2. Click on the My Storage tab. If you want to create Windows system files backup to Google Drive, just choose Google Drive > Authorize Now. Grant CBackup access to your Google Drive following the instructions it gives.
3. Go to choose the Backup button > Backup PC to Public Cloud.
4. You can choose the system files on your PC as the backup source, and select the Google Drive account as the backup destination.
5. Finally, choose the Start Backup button to backup Windows 10 system files to Google Drive easily.
Note: If you want to create an auto backup task, you can click the Settings button to set up Scheduler. There are 4 time modes for you to in such a scheduled backup software.
How to backup operating system in Windows 10? This tutorial has answered your question with 2 easy methods. Clear and detailed operation steps are listed on this page as well. You can compare the 2 methods in different aspects and then make your decision for the Windows 10 system backup.