How can I backup Google Drive to Dropbox?
“I have thousands of files in Google Drive, but I've just installed the Dropbox app on my system and I'd like to transfer files from Google Drive to Dropbox. The question is how to backup Google Drive to Dropbox in the simplest way. Thanks for your reply in advance!”
With the evident convenience of cloud storage services for business and individuals improved a lot, users prefer to preserve data in the cloud, namely, Google Drive, Dropbox, and so on. And plenty of people sign up for more than one cloud storage. So numerous people are anxious that how to backup Google Drive to Dropbox free or how to transfer all files from Dropbox to Google Drive. Please read the article to get the answer.
Why transfer Google Drive files to Dropbox?
Since both Google Drive and Dropbox can be listed as the mainstream cloud storage services, offering numerous benefits, some people may be curious about why should Google Drive go to Dropbox. Surely, there are some merits of backing up Google Drive to Dropbox.
☛Prevent files loss in Google Drive. Although Google Drive is online storage, there are still risks of data loss. It would be safer to move files from Google Drive to Dropbox.
☛More well-organized life and business. With Dropbox, all your files can be shared with different users in one group, which is conducive to teamwork.
☛Higher reliability. Dropbox can offer a more reliable security system and allow editing files even without a network connection.
☛Enjoy special features. Dropbox supports block-level sync and sync customization options. Besides, it is available to remove files from devices remotely.
Since there are lots of advantages of backing up Google Drive to Dropbox, let’s see how can you do to backup files from Google Drive to Dropbox with the simplest solution. Please read the following content.
Easiest way to backup Google Drive to Dropbox
If you are concerned that how to transfer photos from Google Drive to Dropbox quickly and simply in order to prevent data loss and get more cloud space, here is a favorable recommendation for you: CBackup, the easiest and safest way to backup multiple files from Google Drive to Dropbox folder without downloading and uploading.
As a free cloud backup service, CBackup has a simple interface and easy operation. Since it supports the third-party cloud drives as file transferring destinations, including Google Drive and Dropbox, it's easy to transfer files from cloud to cloud in merely one place at once via CBackup. So you can sync Dropbox with Google Drive without the need of installing additional applications on the computer.
What’s more, it supports CBackup Web APP on any device and CBackup Desktop APP in Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP, which means you can enjoy the backup service anytime and anywhere.
How to backup files from Google Drive to Dropbox via CBackup
Let’s see how to achieve files transfer from Google Drive to Dropbox via CBackup. The detailed operations are displayed as follows.
1. Download CBackup Desktop App in your system and create a new CBackup account, then log into it.
✎Note: Before backing up the files, you should add your Google Drive and Dropbox account into CBackup, and authorize your CBackup account to get access to Google Drive and Dropbox. Here are operations to add Google Drive, please follow the steps and add Dropbox in the same way.
2. Click My Storage > Add Cloud > Google Drive > Add in turn. (Remember to complete the authorization of Google Drive, which can protect your data privacy.)
3. Next, you can modify the Display name and Storage path of the added Google Drive. Then, click the checkbox before "Note." and click "OK".
4. Next, find Backup Tasks on the left navigation, click the New Task > Add Source > Cloud Files, then click Next > Google Drive to add the Google Drive account as the transfer source.
5. Similarly, click Add Destination > Single Cloud> Next >Dropbox as the backup destination, click OK. Click Start Backup and then the transfer process will be done in some time.
✿Other useful functions for you:
1. File Filter: If you do not want to upload certain types of files from Google Drive to Dropbox, you can click the File Filter option to choose the specified file type for backup in Backup Settings.
2. Schedule Backup: You can click Scheduler to set up a specific time, say daily, weekly or monthly. Your folder will be automatically backed up according to the interval you set.
3. Email Notification: It allows you to get the email alert when the backup task is successful or failed.
✿Besides the above file backup mentioned, there are extra useful functions of CBackup below:
☛It supports automatic file backup from local to the cloud, and you can set up tasks at a fixed frequency, daily, weekly, monthly or one time only.
☛It also supports cloud to cloud sync and it can keep unlimited backup versions for you.
☛It offers higher security and super stability with its tech support and policy guarantee on security.
☛There’s no files format limitation, and you are allowed to upload any type of file to the cloud.
☛You are able to get unlimited free cloud storage space with combined cloud.
Cost and Storage:
◆You can enjoy CBackup free cloud storage of 10 GB. Besides, the free data transferring from cloud to cloud is up to 2000GB, which can satisfy the needs of most users.
◆The pricing plan is quite simple and affordable for users: Basic plan costs $2.99/month and Premium plan costs $9.99/month (currently).
Transfer Google Drive to Dropbox in traditional ways
Since lots of users are wondering how to upload Dropbox files to Google Drive or backup Google Drive to Dropbox for free, we will introduce other two main traditional ways of transferring Google Drive to Dropbox manually in addition to the best suggestion mentioned above. You can also have a try if you like, though it would be more complicated than backing up automatically.
Method 1. Move files from Google Drive to Dropbox selectively
Before moving Google Drive files to Dropbox account, you should download the files you need from Google Drive at first and upload them to Dropbox manually using Google Drive and Dropbox web app. Let's take photo files as an example to help you transfer files from Google Drive to Dropbox:
1. Go to the Google Drive website and log in to your Google Drive account.
2. Next, generate a new folder to store all your Google Drive files. Collect all the files and put them into your new folder.
3. On the Google Drive page, click My Drive. Then, right-click the files you need to transfer, click the Download button and then wait for the process to complete.
4. Go to the Dropbox website and log in to your account with your correct email and password.
5. Click on "Upload" on the upper right corner and then you can select to upload files or folders from your computer.
✎Note: Every file or folder uploaded to Dropbox via the Dropbox website can not be over 20 GB. If you want to add larger files or folders, you should use the desktop or mobile app.
Method 2. Move files from Google Drive to Dropbox in all
If you want to backup the files in Google Drive to Dropbox storage completely at once, for Google Suite users, you can use Google Takeout to download files from Google Drive to the local hard drive in all, and then upload them to Dropbox account via Dropbox web app. Please follow the steps below:
1. Get started with Google Takeout, click Deselect all and then tick the checkbox at the right side of Drive, next, click Next Step.
2. Click “Add to Dropbox” to upload files to Dropbox.
3. Then, click “Link accounts and create export” at the bottom.
4. When the exporting process ends, you will be asked to log in to your Dropbox account and Google Drive, please follow the direction and click Open in Dropbox.
Wrapping things up
In conclusion, if you want to backup Google Drive to Dropbox and upload all the files for free, the most effective and easiest way for you is to try CBackup, a free cloud backup service. It can meet all your online backup demands with high security and stability. Furthermore, you can also try the traditional ways to solve your problem.