“I have thousands of files in Google Drive, but I've just installed the Dropbox app on my system and I'd like to transfer files from Google Drive to Dropbox. The question is how to back up Google Drive to Dropbox in the simplest way. Thanks for your reply in advance!”
With the evident convenience of cloud storage services for businesses and individuals improved a lot, users prefer to preserve data in the cloud, namely, Google Drive, Dropbox, and so on. And plenty of people sign up for more than one cloud storage. So numerous people are anxious that how to backup Google Drive to Dropbox for free or how to transfer all files from Dropbox to Google Drive. Please read the article to get the answer.
Why transfer Google Drive files to Dropbox?
Since both Google Drive and Dropbox can be listed as the mainstream cloud storage services, offering numerous benefits, some people may be curious about why Google Drive should go to Dropbox. Surely, there are some merits of backing up Google Drive to Dropbox.
☛Prevent files loss in Google Drive. Although Google Drive is online storage, there are still risks of data loss. It would be safer to move files from Google Drive to Dropbox.
☛More well-organized life and business. With Dropbox, all your files can be shared with different users in one group, which is conducive to teamwork.
☛Higher reliability. Dropbox can offer a more reliable security system and allow editing files even without a network connection.
☛Enjoy special features. Dropbox supports block-level sync and sync customization options. Besides, it is available to remove files from devices remotely.
Since there are lots of advantages to backing up Google Drive to Dropbox, let’s see what can you do to backup Google Drive to Dropbox with the simplest solution. Please read the following content.
Best free way to backup Google Drive to Dropbox
If you are concerned that how to transfer photos from Google Drive to Dropbox quickly and simply in order to prevent data loss and get more cloud space, here is a favorable recommendation for you: CBackup, the easiest and safest way to backup multiple files from Google Drive to Dropbox folder without downloading and uploading.
As a free cloud backup service, CBackup has a simple interface and easy operation. Since it supports public cloud drives, including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc., it's easy to transfer files from cloud to cloud in merely one place at once via CBackup. So you can sync Google Drive to Dropbox to move everything or the selected files directly.
What’s more, you can use CBackup Web APP on any device and CBackup Desktop APP on Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/XP, which means you can enjoy the backup service anytime and anywhere.
Detailed Steps to backup Google Drive to Dropbox Automatically
Let’s see how to transfer photos from Google Drive to Dropbox via CBackup. The detailed operations are displayed as follows.
2. Click Storage > Google Drive > Authorize Now in turn. (Remember to complete the authorization of Google Drive, which can protect your data privacy.)
3. Next, you can modify the Cloud name and Storage path of the added Google Drive. Then, click the checkbox before "Note." and click "OK".
Tip: You could use the same way (2 and 3 steps) to add Dropbox to CBackup. And you could add unlimited cloud drives to CBackup.
4. Next, find Backup on the left navigation, and click Backup Public Cloud to Public Cloud under Cloud to Cloud Backup.
5. click Settings > Scheduler to set up backup regularly, say one time only, daily, weekly or monthly. Your Google Drive will be automatically backed up to Dropbox according to the interval you set.
Besides, If you do not want to upload certain types of files from Google Drive to Dropbox, you can click the File Filter option to choose the specified file type for backup. And enable Email Notification to get an email alert when the backup task is successful or failed.
6. Select photos from Google Drive to back up and choose Dropbox as the backup destination. Click Start Backup to back up Google Drive to Dropbox automatically and quickly.
And you could exchange the source and destination to backup Dropbox to Google Drive as well, or use the cloud-to-cloud sync to move photos or everything from Google Drive to Dropbox, or vice versa.
Moreover, you could enjoy the valuable features that CBackup provides to protect data:
You could combine multiple Dropbox accounts to get more free cloud storage if your Dropbox is full to hold all the data from Google Drive, and even get unlimited free cloud storage space.
Backup computer files to Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc., as well as the CBackup Cloud (10GB free), and the combined cloud.
Sync files to the public cloud automatically, like Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, and so on.
There’s no file format and size limitation while backing up or syncing, and you are allowed to upload any type of file to the cloud.
Transfer Google Drive to Dropbox in traditional ways
Except for the above best free way to backup Google Drive to Dropbox automatically, we will introduce other two main traditional ways of transferring Google Drive to Dropbox manually. You can also have a try if you like, though it would be more complicated than backing up automatically.
Method 1. Backup Google Drive to Dropbox selectively
Before moving Google Drive files to Dropbox account, you should download the files you need from Google Drive first and upload them to Dropbox manually using Google Drive and Dropbox web app. Let's take transfer photos from Google Drive to Dropbox for example:
2. Next, generate a new folder under My Drive. Collect all the Google Drive photos and put them into the new folder.
3. Then, right-click the new folder containing all Google Drive Photos, choose Download, and then wait for the process to complete.
4. Unzip the Google Drive folder, and go to the Dropbox website and log in to your account.
5. Click on "Upload" in the upper left corner and then choose Folder, and select the Google Drive folder containing the Photos to upload.
✎Note: Every file or folder uploaded to Dropbox via the Dropbox website can not be over 20 GB. If you want to add larger files or folders to Dropbox, you should use the desktop or mobile app.
Method 2. Move files from Google Drive to Dropbox in all
If you want to backup everything from Google Drive to Dropbox completely at once, you can use Google Takeout to download everything from Google Drive to the local hard drive in all, unzip and then upload them to Dropbox account via Dropbox web app. Please follow the steps below:
1. Get started with Google Takeout, click Deselect all and then tick the checkbox at the right side of Drive, next, click Next Step.
2. Click “Add to Dropbox” to upload Google Drive to Dropbox.
3. Then, click “Link accounts and create export” at the bottom.
4. When the exporting process ends, you will be asked to log in to your Dropbox account and Google Drive, please follow the direction and click Open in Dropbox.
Wrapping things up
In conclusion, if you want to backup Google Drive to Dropbox and upload all the files for free, the most effective and easiest way for you is to try CBackup, a free cloud backup service. It can meet all your online backup demands with high security and stability. Furthermore, you can also try the traditional ways to move photos from Google Drive to Dropbox as well.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup