“We have a bunch of users who are using different cloud storage. We need to share documents among them and I often use OneDrive, so how to share documents with OneDrive? Can I share documents with others I know or do not know? And if the recipients do not have a OneDrive account and use another cloud drive, can I share documents with OneDrive with them? If anyone has the solution, thank you in advance.”
As a popular cloud storage service, many users backup files to OneDrive to protect their file security. Meanwhile, many users like those mentioned in the user case above, have a need for document sharing. Sometimes they need to share documents with others for collaborating. So a clear guideline to share documents with OneDrive is quite important.
3 ways to share documents with OneDrive
To create OneDrive file sharing, we prepared 3 different methods for you and you can try them one by one, then choose one that suits you best.
Way 1. Share documents by sending an email
There is a share feature in OneDrive by sending an email. This is a basic method of using OneDrive to share files. This solution is suitable to share documents with another user you know. Here are the simple steps:
1. Go to the OneDrive website, then log into your account.
2. Then choose the documents you want to share, and press the Share button on the top line.
3. Select Specific people > Apply.
4. Then, type in the email address of the recipients and click Send to share documents with OneDrive.
Way 2. Share documents by using a link
If you don’t know the email address of the recipients, you can try using a link to share files via OneDrive. Once you share documents with a link, you can configure the permissions to allow recipients to view, edit documents. Just follow the steps below to share documents with OneDrive:
1. Open the OneDrive website to log into your account.
2. Likewise, choose the documents you want to share, and select the Share button.
3. This time, click Anyone with the link, and you can configure other settings, then click Apply.
4. Then you can copy the link and send it to anyone.
Way 3. Share documents via free cloud transfer software
Not every user has a OneDrive account and many users use other major cloud drives such as Google Drive, Dropbox, FTP/SFTP, etc. So we recommend using a professional cloud service that allows for cloud transfers, such as CBackup. It can help you transfer data between accounts on the same cloud drive or between different cloud drives for free.
CBackup allows you to add cloud drive accounts to it, including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and FTP/STFP, and so on. So you can share files between any two cloud drive accounts from them. For example, you can transfer file from one OneDrive account to another, or migrate files from between Google Drive and Dropbox directly via CBackup.
Just follow the easy instruction to share documents on OneDrive:
1. Navigate to the CBackup website. Sign up for a new account and log into CBackup desktop app.
2. First, select the Storage tab, add OneDrive and other cloud drive accounts to CBackup.
3. Then click Sync, and press the Sync Public Cloud to Public Cloud button to create a new OneDrive file sharing task. It will lead you to the CBackup web app.
4. Press the New Task, then hit Add Source button to choose documents from the original OneDrive cloud drive, and press the Add Destination button to choose the target cloud drive account.
5. At last, select the Start Sync button to share documents on OneDrive.
Note: If you want to share documents on OneDrive with others regularly and automatically, just go to Settings to set a scheduled sync for free.
Tip: Get larger OneDrive cloud storage space for free
It is known that OneDrive just provides 5GB of free cloud storage for each account so you can use it up within a short time. After the cloud storage is not enough, you have to pay for the subscription plans for more cloud storage.
However, if you use CBackup, there is a free feature to help you expand your OneDrive cloud storage - combine cloud storage. With the help of it, you can merge OneDrive accounts to form a combined cloud with a larger cloud storage space. If you need more cloud storage, you can try it by following the steps below:
1. Please log into CBackup desktop app.
2. Select Storage > + Add Cloud. Select OneDrive or another cloud drive account and click on Add. You can add all your accounts to CBackup.
3. Click on the Storage tab, and press + Add Combined Cloud.
4. Check the cloud storage accounts that you want to merge, and click on Next > Combine. Then follow the instructions it provides to finish combining cloud.
5. Finally, you will have a Combined Cloud under the Storage tab. You can use the Combined Cloud as a backup destination to enjoy huge backup space then.
What's more, you can get many other useful features in CBackup for free:
♦ PC to cloud backup and sync: CBackup allows you to backup and sync data from a PC to different mainstream cloud drives, including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive.
♦ Restore files: It will be very easy to restore files of any version after you create a backup task for them via CBackup.
Wrapping things up
After looking through this page, maybe you have known how to share documents with OneDrive. In addition to doing it on the website, you can also try the free cloud service called CBackup. It can not only help you share documents easily but also expand your cloud storage for free.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup