How to Reduce Google Photos File Size with Ease
Are you anxious about reducing Google Photos file size? Just keep reading and we prepared some solutions for you to reduce Google Photos file size easily and fast.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Google Photos is a photo-sharing and storage service developed by Google. It provides a smart home for users' photos and videos. Since its release, it has been used and loved by many users. Recently, many users have the need to reduce Google Photos file size. What causes this phenomenon?
Actually, while Google Photos offers users the ability to store a massive amount of photos, Google photos has storage limit. And since June 1, 2021, all "high-quality" photos you upload to Google Photos will begin to count toward your Google account storage.
If you're worried about running out of free space, you can be prepared to avoid paying for more storage by compressing the size of your Google Photos. You may ask “how do I reduce my picture file size?” Here we provide you with 4 effective ways.
When you need to free up Google photos space, maybe the blow solutions can help you reduce file size. Please read on and choose the solutions according to your needs.
If you upload all your photos to Google Photos in raw quality, then those photos count too much towards your storage quota. At this point, you can achieve a quick release of space in Google Photos by converting the quality of the uploaded photos to high quality instead of original quality. This can be done from Google Photos online.
1. Go to Google Photos and click on the Settings icon at the top-right corner near your profile photo.
2. Select Storage saver and click Recover storage button from the Settings menu.
3. Click on Compress to make original quality items to storage saver quality.
“Google Photos resize image” cannot be directly done with Google Drive. But the Photo Editor add-on provided by Google can be used to resize any image including Google Photos. Please follow these steps:
1. Search for "Photo Editor with Drive" in Google Chrome.
2. Click Add to Chrome, and then click Add an app.
3. Open the Photo Editor with the Drive icon.
4. Click to open the file Google Drive and resize the photo to the size you like. Then click Save to Drive.
Google Docs is a reliable online tool for documents, but it also has the ability to resize files and images. You can simply copy and paste or drag images to Google Docs to start editing. Here are the steps:
1. Open Google Docs, click on Insert > Images > Drive. Click on Image Options.
2. Click on Size and Rotation on the pop-up screen.
3. Use the Height, Width, Height Ratio, and Width Ratio to change the photo file size and click Save.
If you don’t want to upgrade your account but still don’t have enough space after reducing Google Photos resolution and resizing Google Photos image, we recommend you backup new photos with another cloud backup service like CBackup that offers huge and free backup space to you.
If you have many photos that want to backup to the cloud, CBackup offers 10 GB of free CBackup Cloud backup space to each user. Meanwhile, it offers many useful backup settings to help you improve backup efficiency. Besides the free backup space, CBackup also provides a free feature called combine cloud storage to help you get more backup space.
Since each Google account offers 15GB of free cloud storage for each user, you can sign up for several accounts to have countless 15GB of free cloud storage. Then, you can combine several accounts together with the combined cloud storage feature of CBackup to enjoy huge backup space.
Let’s see how to backup files to CBackup Cloud or Combined Cloud:
1. Download CBackup, sign up for a CBackup account, and log in.
2. Click on My Storage, and click + Add Cloud button.
3. Select Google Drive and click on Add. You can add as many Google Drive accounts as you have.
4. Click the My Storage + button, a New Combined Cloud tag will appear in the menu. Click it.
5. Select the box next to the cloud storage account that you want to combine, then click on Next.
6. After the above, you will see a Combined Cloud in your clouds list. You can select the Combined Cloud as a backup destination to enjoy huge backup space.
7. Click Backup Tasks > New Task to create a backup task.
8. Click Add Source and select files you want to backup. Then, click Add destination to choose CBackup Cloud or Combined Cloud as your backup target.
☛ Note: Go to Settings, and you will get more functions to help you get rid of the frequent and manual files.
That’s all about the ways to reducing google photos file size. If you need to free up space, choose anyone you like to free up your space. When you feel it is complex to reduce file size, you can use CBackup to have huge space for backup.