Solved: Google Drive Access Denied You Need Permission
In this article, you will learn how to fix the problem of “Google Drive access denied” and how to avoid such Google Drive problems permanently.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
“I receive the 'access denied you need permission‘ message when I tried to download my own files from my own Google Drive. Before this, it has been working well. I have been trying through Chrome and Safari, but the result is the same. I have no idea about this problem, can you give me some suggestions? Thanks!”
Actually, although Google Drive has hundreds of millions of users and the cloud storage is very reliable for the most part, errors like "Google Drive stopped working", "Google Drive access denied" do occur. Google Drive file access denied is a common issue and many users have found that Google Docs access denied. In the following contents, you will learn five step-by-step ways to solve the issue and access your Google Drive account. But if you need to access your files urgently, you can use a Google Drive client alternative tool - CBackup to access your files on Google Drive quickly.
If Google Drive is down, then you may not be able to access your account. So, you need to check the status of Google Drive firstly, and most of the Google services are in G Suite Status Dashboard. Make sure they are all green.
There are instances that the error message “Google Drive Access Denied” can be solved when you make use of a different web browser or device. What you need to do is for you to try logging in your Google Drive account on an alternative browser, such as switching to Chrome or Internet Explorer, or try logging in and accessing your account on a different device, such as a mobile or tablet.
Cookies and caches on your internet browser can cause formatting and loading problems on your computer. So, you should get your cookies and cache cleaned up on your browser on a regular basis. This is also one way for you to be able to access your Google Drive. Here is how to do this on your browser.
1. Click the symbol at the top right of the screen and select More Tools.
2. Choose Clear browsing data and then select All time.
3. Select Cached images and files and Cookies and other site data, then click Clear data.
According to feedbacks from some Google Drive users, the incognito or InPrivate mode will allow you to be able to browse without having your activity being remembered, which is also one way for you to be able to fix the problem that you access to Google Drive denied. Here’s how you open Incognito mode on Google Chrome.
1. At the top right-hand corner, click the More button (three dots) and then choose to open in New Incognito Window.
2. Go ahead and log in to your Google Drive. Try it and see if it works.
One of the other working solutions to this matter has been to disable any extensions that may be running in the background of your Chrome browser. Having many extensions running can interfere with Google Drive and then disables access to the Google Drive content you’re trying to access.
To disable any extension here are the steps:
1. Copy-paste the following link into your navigation bar: chrome://extensions then proceed.
2. Now that you’re on the Extensions page, simply either uncheck the Enabled box to disable the Chrome extension or click the trash button to remove any extension.
If the user signed into multiple Google accounts at the same time on the device, the system may get confused about whether to allow you in using any of the accounts you are signed into. Once that you have encountered the Google Drive permission error when you are signing in using multiple accounts, please sign out all of them and then sign back into the account you need.
Obviously, just like any other cloud storage, Google Drive also has some troubles. And it will take you a long time to get the way on how you can fix errors like “Google Drive access denied”. If your Google Drive can’t work normally and you urgently need to back up your files to the cloud, you can use another reliable cloud storage like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. to backup your files to the cloud without annoying errors.
CBackup is a professional online backup service that allows backup files to its CBackup Cloud easily and safely. It is quite easy to use and backup your files in professional way. If you are tired of handling the Google Drive problems and want to protect your PC files in an easier way, you can try CBackup.
In addition, CBackup also allows you to add third-party cloud storage like Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google Drive on its interface. And then, you can backup files from Windows PC to these clouds. You can follow the steps below to try CBackup for free.
1. Download CBackup and create a new CBackup account, and then sign in to CBackup desktop app.
2. If you want to backup files to third-party cloud storage, click My Storage on the left side, and click + Add Cloud button, then choose Dropbox and hit Add. Then follow the on-screen guide to allow CBackup to access your third-party cloud storage's files.
3. Select the Backup Tasks tab, and then press + New Task button to create your backup task.
4. Specify the Task Name, and click Add Source button to choose folders you want to backup to cloud. Hit Add Destination button to choose CBackup Cloud or Single Cloud as the target location.
5. Press Start Backup button to execute your backup task.
Methods to fix the “Google Drive access denied” error has been listed above, you can try these fixes one by one until your problem gets solved. No matter you cannot fix the error successfully or you want to get rid of these client errors anymore, you can use CBackup as the best Google Drive alternative to protect your PC files in an easier way.