How to Backup Mac to Dropbox in Effective Ways?
Want to backup Mac to Dropbox efficiently? In this article, you will find several effective methods to backup Mac to Dropbox, please read on to learn the detailed steps.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
As one of the most popular personal cloud storage service, Dropbox has accumulated a large number of users. For Mac users, backing up files to Dropbox is a good option to protect their Mac data. Besides that, there are many other benefits of backing up Mac to Dropbox:
☛Data in Dropbox is far away from your local hardware, so you can avoid data loss due to hardware failure or natural disasters.
☛Files stored in Dropbox can be accessed from any device including PCs, mobile phones, tablets, etc. at any time.
☛If you backed your Mac to Dropbox, you can restore all the data to another Mac easily especially when there is something wrong with your old Mac and you buy a new one.
You may need to backup Mac using Dropbox for different reasons. If you are looking for effective ways to backup Mac to Dropbox, please read on to find the methods here.
If you only want to backup a few files from Mac to Dropbox, you can go to the website of Dropbox to upload files or folder manually.
1. Go to the Dropbox website on your Mac and log in your Dropbox account.
2. Click on Upload files or Upload folder on the right side of the page and then you can choose the files or folder that you want to backup to Dropbox from your Mac computer and then click Open.
✎Note: Every file or folder you choose to backup to Dropbox via dropbox website can’t be bigger than 20 GB.
3. After that, the selected files or folder will be backed up to Dropbox.
While you can always access your data from the Dropbox website, in the long run, it's easier to install the Dropbox desktop app. If you want to backup a large number of files or folders to Dropbox at once, you can use Dropbox desktop app to backup Mac with dropbox automatically. And the Dropbox desktop app allows you to upload files or folder bigger than 20 GB.
1. Go to Dropbox website and install Dropbox app to your Mac computer. When the download is complete, a window containing a Dropbox icon will appear on the screen.
2. Click Open my Dropbox Folder. This folder enables you to store and access files even when away from your computer. For Mac users, the Dropbox folder is created in the Home (main) folder.
3. When Dropbox is installed on your Mac you will see a Dropbox tab in the Finder, just drag and drop anything into that folder and it will be backed up to Dropbox automatically.
Dropbox offers 2 GB free storage to each register. However, 2 GB of storage space can be run out of quickly. If you want to get more free backup space in Dropbox for your Mac data, you can use a cloud manager like CBackupper to merge Dropbox accounts and combine the free storage of each account into a huge backup space.
CBackupper is a free web-based cloud manager service that allows you to add and combine cloud storage to get more free backup space. Then, you can take full use of the huge backup space to protect more data. Let’s see how to get more Dropbox backup space for free with CBackupper:
1. Create an account and sign in. Just go to the main page of CBackupper, get started to type your email, password, and name. After that, sign in your account.
2. Click “Add Clouds” under “Clouds” tab, select your clouds and click “Add”. Then sign in your account and authorize CBackupper to access your files on the cloud.
3. Follow the steps above, you can add Dropbox accounts as many as you have. After adding, all your Dropbox accounts are listed here. You can click the three-dot icon next to each cloud drive and select “Allocate Space” option to adjust the storage space you want to use for backup flexibly with three options.
✎Note: CBackupper also has a PC client tool that is designed for Windows PC. If you want to do cloud backup for Windows 10/8/7/XP, you can use CBackupper to backup your Windows files to AOMEI Cloud. CBackupper offers a 15-day free trial to each user, you can download it to have a try.
That’s all about how to backup Mac to Dropbox, you can choose the most suitable way to backup Mac files to Dropbox according to your situation. To protect more data on Mac, you can easily combine the backup space of multiple Dropbox accounts for free with CBackupper.