How to Backup Evernote to Google Drive Fast and Easily
This article shows the way to backup Evernote to Google Drive effectively. Besides, a third-party backup method is also be introduced.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
Evernote is an app for taking notes, managing tasks, and filing for Android and iOS smartphones, and Windows and macOS computers. It offers a free-to-use version, as well as paid plans. With Evernote, you can store any type of thing you can think of: articles, to-do lists, receipts, notes, and so on. As it is a cross-platform application, it also allows data to be kept in sync between multiple platforms.
As a professional note-taking app that has been in business for 15 years, Evernote must have something going for it. The quick notes and search features that Evernote offers are very powerful. It allows you to jot something down quickly and concisely. And you can use a number of columns of advanced modifiers to create custom search parameters.
There are many users working with Evernote, so lots of important data is saved in Evernote. To protect the data in Evernote, more and more users require to backup Evernote to Google Drive.
Among plenty of cloud storage on the market, Google Drive has its own advantages as well. Provided by Google, Google Drive can integrate with several Google Apps perfectly. Besides, Google Drive offers 15GB of free storage for each account. Google Drive also supports several systems like Android, iOS, Windows, Mac OS, and you can upload files to it on any device.
As an application often used in working, Google Drive has more powerful collaboration features. Google Drive enables real-time editing and sharing with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, which makes it more convenient for users to share and collaborate on files with others.
You may ask that can you backup Evernote to Google Drive? Of course, you can back up your files to Google Drive. To finish such a backup task, the process is often divided into 2 parts. Now, let’s see what are the detailed steps.
How to Export Evernote
Before setting a backup Evernote to Google Drive, you should export Evernote to your computer first. Here are the guidelines:
1. Open your Evernote, and select the Notebooks in the left panel. You will see the Notebooks window as below. Select the notebooks you want to back up.
2. Then, click on the File > Export Notes option in the main menu.
3. Select the target location on your computer to save your notebooks.
☛ Note: There are two different format options for the exported notes: HTML or Evernote XML Format.
HTML: If you export notes as HTML, Evernote will create an HTML file for each note. And there will be a “.resources” folder to save the attachments.
Evernote XML: If you export notes as Evernote XML, it will save all your notes, tags, and data, but it is not so helpful for you.
How to Backup to Google Drive
After exporting Evernote to your computer, you can backup Evernote to Google Drive for free. Follow the simple steps below:
1. Download and install Google Drive for Desktop app on your computer.
2. Launch the app and Sign in with browser.
3. Go to the My Computer tab, click the Add folder, then you can select the folder that stored your Evernote files.
4. Click Sync with Google Drive > Done, and click the Save button to back up local files to Google Drive.
5. After choosing, Google Drive will create a disk called Google Drive on your computer, which contains all the files in Google Drive. If you want to back up files to Google Drive, just drag files to My Drive or Shared drives.
6. Finally, click on Start to begin the backup with Google Drive.
To set up Evernote backup, we recommend you a reliable cloud backup software - CBackup. CBackup is a professional cloud backup software, provides PC to cloud backup feature for free. CBackup allows you to add other cloud drive accounts to it, including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive. Thus, you can backup to Google Drive directly via CBackup.
What’s more, if you need large cloud storage space but do not want to pay for the subscription plans, you can use Combined Cloud Storage in CBackup. After adding your free cloud drive accounts to CBackup, you can merge them to get unlimited cloud storage and back up files to the Combined Cloud directly,
You can follow these steps to backup your Evernote to Google Drive easily:
1. Download and install CBackup desktop app, and launch it.
2. Sign up for a new CBackup account, then log into it.
3. Click the My Storage tag first, and then select the Add Cloud in the right window.
4. Select Google Drive > Add, please follow the step-by-step instructions to grant CBackup access to your Google Drive.
5. Click on the Backup Tasks tab and click the New Task button.
6. You can type in Task Name to name the backup task, press Add Source button to add the Evernote files on your computer, then click OK.
7. Select Add Destination > Single Cloud, then select the Google Drive account you added and click OK.
8. After the above, click the Start Backup button to start the task.
Note: If you want to try Combined Cloud to get larger cloud storage space, just follow the steps below, here we take Google Drive as an example.
1. After downloading and installing CBackup on your computer, launch it and sign in to it. Click on the My Storage > + Add Cloud button.
2. Select Google Drive and click on Add. You can add as many accounts as you have.
3. Click on the My Storage + button, a New Combined Cloud tag will appear in the menu. Click it.
4. Check the cloud drive accounts that you want to merge, and then click on Next.
5. After the above, you will have a Combined Cloud in your clouds list. You can select the Combined Cloud as a backup destination to enjoy huge backup space then.
We believe you have learned something about backup Evernote to Google Drive. After exporting the file, you can choose two different backup methods. If you want to make your backup tasks easy and convenient for free, just try CBackup, it is quite simple to use.