Hello, I have inspected available software in the app center but could not find a solution to my issue.
I want to backup (or one-way SYNC) "From Cloud to Local QNAP". So, the source will be Dropbox folder in the cloud and the target will be a folder in the local QNAP device. Since dropbox is quickly flooding, I need to get cloud emptied from time to time, but they need to be backed up first, hopefully directly from cloud to QNAP. My unit is TS-431+, at the moment. Thank for any guidance.
- Question from forum.qnap.com
To backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS, the QNAP Cloud Drive Sync Station may occur to your mind. However, you will find the you can’t find the Cloud Drive Sync Station in QNAP NAS. Because QNAP has removed the software, and provide you another software named QNAP Hybrid Backup Sync.
Backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS with Hybrid Backup Sync (HBS)
As a matter of fact, you cannot just perform One-way sync to backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS, and you can backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS with Backup features in Hybrid Backup Sync(HBS). Hence, the only way to backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS is by performing Two-way sync. Here is how to create two-way sync.
1. Please open Hybrid Backup Sync, tap the Sync tab, then select Two-way Sync Job.
2. Select Dropbox as the destination storage space, sign in to your Dropbox account to allow Hybrid Backup Sync to access your Dropbox files and tick your Dropbox account, and click Next.
3. Rename the Job Name, Description, and choose the source folder in QNAP NAS and the Dropbox root folder as the destination folder, click Next.
4. Set the job schedule and click Next.
5. Set the rules for QNAP Dropbox sync.
6. Click Create if you confirm to sync QNAP NAS and Dropbox bidirectional.
7. Click Sync Now on the top right to perform QNAP Dropbox sync.
However, this way is not the ideal way to backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS. Sometimes, you might encounter QNAP Dropbox sync not working. Is there any way to backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS with one-way sync method?
Better Way to Backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS
Here you could try a better way to backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS - the free Windows backup software AOMEI Backupper Standard. The backup method is one-way backup by default. Besides, you could backup QNAP NAS to Dropbox, and the freeware supports other clouds, like Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, etc. Now, just get the instructions below to perform QNAP Dropbox backup.
Step 2. Click Add Folder to choose Dropbox entire folder as the source directory. Then select a folder in QNAP NAS as the destination.
Step 3. (Optional) Tap Schedule on the bottom left, then choose the interval to backup Dropbox in General tab: daily, weekly or monthly, select Incremental Backup in Advanced tab, and hit OK.
Step 4. Press Start Backup to backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS safely and easily.
What to Do If Your Dropbox is Full?
Sometimes, if you use Dropbox as a backup solution, and the 2 GB free cloud storage will be filled quickly, and the Dropbox desktop app will prompt you with the error message: Your Dropbox is full or Dropbox is almost full. What should you do?
Although delete files will free up space for Dropbox, but it’s troublesome and time-consuming. Besides, Dropbox provides you some solutions to get more extra Dropbox cloud storage, but it has a deadline. After that, you cannot store files to Dropbox or sync files to Dropbox. Is there any better way to get more Dropbox cloud storage for free?
The answer is definitely. The free cloud backup service CBackup will do you a big favor. It helps you merge multiple Dropbox accounts into a big backup space to increase Dropbox cloud storage. Then you could backup files to the mixed Dropbox cloud space.
2. Click the Storage tab, choose Dropbox and click Authorize Now. Then follow the guide to grant authority to CBackup to access your Dropbox files.
3. Edit the Cloud Name and Storage Path, then tick the option “Note: Please don't modify or delete the CBackup path or files in your Dropbox account.”, then click OK.
4. Follow steps 2 and 3 to add other Dropbox accounts to CBackup.
Backup Files to Mixed Dropbox Cloud Space
1. Click the Backup tab, then click the Backup PC to Combine Cloud.
2. Rename the Task Name, then choose your computer files. Choose Combined Cloud as the Destination.
4. (Optional) Tap Settings on the bottom left, tap Scheduled Backup tab, then set up the interval to backup files to Dropbox, like one time only, daily, weekly, or monthly.
There are some other features you could set up in Settings:
Enable Email Notification to send you the email once the backup is finished successfully or failed.
File Filter helps you include or exclude the file types you want to backup or don’t want to backup.
5. Press the Start Backup button to backup files to Combine Cloud to fix your Dropbox is full problem.
How to backup Dropbox to QNAP NAS easily? Here you could find the 2 ways with the step-by-step guide, and 1 tip for you to fix Dropbox cloud storage full problem. Just find the right way to perform QNAP Dropbox backup.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup