How to Transfer Photos from OneDrive to Google Drive Directly
In this article, you can learn how to transfer photos from OneDrive to Google Drive directly with a third-party tool - CBackup with ease.
Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackupGet Started
“How can I transfer photos from Microsoft OneDrive to Google Drive? Can I do it directly without having to download all the photos from OneDrive to my desktop and then uploading them to Google Drive? Any reply will be appreciated!”
In today’s era, many users prefer to store their files, especially precious photos on cloud storage. And most cloud storages offer a certain amount of storage space for free, so, a large number of users sign up for several accounts or using more than one brand of cloud storage for more free or unlimited cloud storage space.
As the famous brand cloud storage, both Google Drive and OneDrive have attracted a lot of users. If you are using Google Drive and OneDrive at the same time, you may need to migrate files, especially photos, from OneDrive to Google Drive for different reasons. There are two most common reasons:
☛Free OneDrive storage is decreased from 15 GB to 5 GB on 31 January 2016, but Google Drive still offers 15 GB free storage for free users.
☛Photos and documents on Google Drive can easily be accessed by using other Google Apps. You don’t need to go to Google Drive itself to accordingly open a file. That is very convenient.
Manual way to transfer files like photos has a lot of drawbacks, of which some are mentioned below:
☛When you are transferring files, you must make sure you have a continuous internet connection with high speed, or it will take a long time to finish the transfer process.
☛This method may be feasible if you only need to move a few files. However, it will be lengthy and time-consuming work when you need to transfer a large size of data.
☛You must give your full attention when you transfer data manually, or chances are that you may lose data during the migration procedure.
If you want to transfer photos or other files from OneDrive to Google Drive without downloading, you could obtain help from an automated solution i.e. cloud drive backup services, because both OneDrive and Google Drive haven’t offered an official way to help you move files to another cloud storage automatically and directly until now.
I highly recommend you use CBackup. It is a professional cloud backup service that allows quickly and directly backup files between cloud storage freely while ensuring data security.
◆You can authorize and add OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, and FTP/SFTP and create backup or sync tasks to migrate files between any two added cloud drives.
◆Furthermore, it has many useful features to improve backup efficiency. For example, the “File Filter” feature can help you exclude or contain certain types of files when transferring.
◆Moreover, you can set up an automatic backup in Specific time/Daily/Weekly/Monthly mode. This feature can ensure data security and keep the latest version of files all the time.
Now, follow the steps to backup files between cloud storage with simple steps via CBackup:
1. Create a CBackup account freely and get started to sign in.
2. To add your cloud drive, just click “My Storage” and “+ Add Cloud”, then select "OneDrive" or "Google Drive" and click “Add”. After that, allocated backup space and confirm this operation by ticking “Note” and hitting “OK”.
✎Note: CBackup bases on OAuth System, which is a standard authorization framework that enables third-party applications to access multiple cloud accounts without the username and password required. So, you can safely add your clouds and don’t need to worry about personal information data disclosure.
3. Click on the “Backup Tasks” tab at the top of the page, then, click the “New Task” button to create a backup task.
4. Name your backup task, click the “Add Source” button to add OneDrive as the backup source. Similarly, click the “Add Destination” button to add Google Drive as the backup destination.
✎Note: You can choose to transfer photos only or the entire cloud here.
5. Click the “Start Backup” button to transfer OneDrive to Google Drive.
✎Note: Before starting the backup task, you can click “Settings” to enjoy “File Filter” or “Email Notification” and “Schedule Backup” features.
Although manual methods to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive for free have many disadvantages, they are also feasible. You can refer to the following steps to transfer files manually if needed.
1. Log in to your OneDrive account through Microsoft credentials.
2. Download files you need and store them on the local drive.
3. Log in to your Google Drive account through your personal Gmail ID and Password.
3. Now, go to Files > File/Folder upload to move files from OneDrive to Google Drive account.
1 Set up OneDrive for the desktop program on Windows.
2. Open your Google Drive account after signing in.
3. Select the needed file items which you want to move from OneDrive to Google Drive.
4. Now, drag and drop the items from OneDrive to Google Drive.
It’s not hard to see that using CBackup to transfer photos from OneDrive to Google Drive is the easiest way. As a professional cloud backup service, CBackup supports not only cloud-to-cloud backup but also PC cloud backup, cloud storage combination, and so on. And it is very easy to use for its clear interface and user-friendly design. If you need to move files between cloud storage or backup your PC files to cloud, don't hesitate to use it!