Amazon Drive is one of the best cloud storage services among the many cloud storage solutions that can back up your files to the cloud and keep your files securely. Nowadays, more and more users prefer Amazon Drive and choose to backup PC to Amazon Drive.
One of the important reasons why Amazon Drive is popular is that it provides very reasonable subscription plans. If you already have an account on Amazon, you will get 5 GB of storage space for free, and you could take Amazon Drive to sync local files. Like most popular cloud storage services, you can expand the storage space from 100 GB to 1 TB on Amazon Drive through a subscription plan.
And if you are an Amazon Prime member, you can get unlimited, full-resolution photo storage, plus 5 GB video storage. The non-Prime members only need to pay $11.99 a year to get the same privileges. With the mobile app available for Amazon Drive, you can access files, photos, and videos quickly and easily.
By the way, starting December 31, 2023, Amazon Drive will no longer be supported. You'd better to backup it up.
Can I enable Amazon Drive to sync?
Actually, unlike Google Drive and Dropbox, there is still no Amazon Drive Backup and Sync application available for Windows. To help users sync files to the Amazon cloud, Amazon released an Amazon Photos backup app for Windows and Mac. With the help of such a sync function, you can edit files in the synchronized folder, so you can always see the latest files in all locations.
If you want to know how to enable Amazon Drive to sync with local folders, Amazon Photos, or other cloud storage, please read on, the contents below will teach you how to make Amazon Drive sync folders in different situations with detailed steps.
How to enable Amazon Drive to sync local files
As mentioned above, the desktop app of Amazon Drive is called Amazon Photos, which allows you to sync not only photos and videos but also other files on your computer. You can follow the steps below to cloud sync Amazon Drive on Mac or Windows PC:
1. Download the Amazon Photos application from the download page, it will automatically download the correct version for your operating system. Install it on your computer.
2. Log in to your Amazon account. After installing the app, a log-in window appears. Enter your email address or phone number, and password for your Amazon account to sign in.
3. Then you will be prompted to choose folders to upload to Amazon Photos, choose folders and press the Start Uploading button.
4. Please go to Settings > Sync, and click Enable Sync button.
5. Then Amazon Photos will restart automatically, and show you a window like the following picture.
6. Click Choose Folders... button behind the Amazon Drive folder to sync from Amazon Cloud to your computer, and tap the Select folder... button behind the Local sync folder to sync folders to Amazon Drive. Then hit Start sync.
7. Then your desktop will get an Amazon Drive shortcut for you to sync. Double-click it can open the Amazon Drive folder.
8. You can move or copy the files to the Amazon Drive folder as well, then they will be automatically uploaded to Amazon Drive and Amazon Photos.
And you could Disable Sync at any time under Sync in Settings according to your demands.
✎Tips: Keep your storage limits in mind when selecting folders. Amazon Prime members get 5GB of file storage and unlimited picture storage. This option costs $11.99 USD per year for non-Prime members and has a three-month free trial.
How to sync Amazon Drive with other cloud storage
The method above shows how to enable Amazon Drive to sync local files. Actually, you may need Amazon Drive auto-sync not only for PC to cloud but also for cloud to cloud. If you need to sync Amazon Drive to another cloud storage for file backup or other reasons, the easiest way is to rely on a third-party tool like AOMEI Backupper Standard.
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a professional file backup and sync freeware for Windows PCs. With it, you can easily sync Amazon Drive on PC or sync Amazon Drive to other popular cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and so on. Follow the steps below to sync Amazon Drive with other cloud storage via AOMEI Backupper Standard if needed:
1. Download the Amazon desktop app on your computer, you will find an Amazon Drive folder on your computer. Figure the location of the folder out, you will use its location later.
2. Download and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard, at the left column, select Sync, then choose Basic Sync.
3. Input a proper name into the Task Name box in the next window. And click Add Folder to select the Amazon Drive folder on your computer.
4. Click the inverted triangle and Select a cloud drive. And then choose a cloud storage as a destination.
5. Press the Start Backup button to sync Amazon cloud drive to another cloud.
Bonus tip: best alternatives to Amazon Drive
As we can see, you can rely on some tools to sync Amazon Drive with the local computer or other cloud storage. However, according to the feedback of Amazon Drive users, the Amazon sync tool is easy-to-use and they find Amazon Drive is not syncing sometimes. Therefore, if you don’t want to waste on to handle these problems, you can turn to another cloud storage and back up your files in an easier way.
Actually, there are many alternatives to Amazon Drive such as CBackup, Google Drive, OneDrive, and so on. Both of these cloud services offer useful PC client and provides users with affordable storage plans. You can check the brief information about these clouds:
CBackup is not only a professional cloud backup and sync service but also reliable cloud storage. If you need to backup local files to cloud server to protect your files, CBackup is a great choice, which allows you to automatically backup or sync files to Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox and CBackup Cloud (10 GB for free). And CBackup offers large backup space (even 5,120 GB, 5 TB) of CBackup Cloud. And it's worth mentioning that CBackup enables you to transfer cloud to cloud directly, hence, you could transfer one cloud drive to another cloud easily for data safekeeping.
If the storage of a single cloud is not enough to meet your backup data needs, you can also connect multiple cloud drives on CBackup and combine them to store them into a large backup space, if you have enough accounts, you can easily get unlimited cloud backup space.
One of the most famous cloud storage around the world that works well with Windows PC and Microsoft Office products. It offers 5 GB of free storage space to each user and provides a lot of useful features. Besides that, it offers a desktop app, mobile app, and web app to help you access your files in OneDrive with ease.
Dropbox has been developing in the cloud storage industry for many years. Although it only provides 2GB of free storage space, which is less than most cloud storage, it has outstanding advantages in file sharing and has attracted many business users. Furthermore, it works well with both Windows OS and macOS.
That’s all about Amazon Drive sync. You can follow the steps above to enable Amazon Drive to sync local files or sync with other cloud storage. If you meet any problems when using Amazon Drive, you can choose an alternative to protect your files with ease, and transfer files among multiple cloud drives, like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive to ensure data security.
Get Unlimited Cloud
Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup