How to Sync Photos from Google Photos to PC?
In this article, you will learn how to sync Google Photos to PC in two manual ways. Please keep reading to learn more detailes.
Ready to safeguard your cloud data?Get Started
“Now that the ability to sync photos between photos and drive has been taken away, what is the solution to keep automatically sync Google Photos to PC so that photos taken with a mobile device and backed up to Google Photos are automatically available locally on a computer?”
As mentioned in the case, many users store photos and videos in Google Photos to make them safe and easy to use. Generally, Google Photos will automatically upload and back up every photo you ever take on a mobile device and extract every image it finds on your computers as long as there is an internet connection.
However, in addition to uploading files from the local to Google Photos, sometimes users also need to download photos from Google Photos to the PC because they may want to view some photos locally on a PC that taken with a mobile device and backed up to Google Photos. Or, some users just want to sync Google Photos to PC for data protection.
To save time and effort, users may want a way that can sync Google Photos to PC automatically without downloading and uploading. However, since the ability to sync photos between photos and drive has been taken away, there is no way that can sync Google Photos to PC directly. If you need to backup files from Google Drive to PC, please read on, the following content will show you two ways with simple steps.
As we all know, Google has an automatic sync tool called Backup and Sync, which can easily and reliably help users sync Google Drive with PC. However, it can't help you sync Google Photos to PC directly. So, if you need to backup files from Google Photos to PC, you can download photos from Google Photos using your browser. Or, you can also download data from the Google Photos archive from Google Takeout to download all your data at once. Please read on to learn the detailed steps.
1. On your computer, open photos.google.com.
2. Find and select your photos or video. Click “More option”.
3. Choose “Download” to download photos to the PC.
Google allows you to export and download your data including email, documents, calendar, photos, Tube videos, and so on from the Google products you use. And the data will not be deleted from Google’s servers if you download your Google data.
1. Go to the Google Takeout page. Google products that have your data are automatically selected. Tick the box of Google Photos to include it in your download archive. Select “Next step”.
2. Customize your archive format. Choose the delivery method, frequency, file type, and size as you like. Choose the maximum size archive you want to create. If the data you’re downloading is larger than this size, multiple archives will be created.
3. When your archive is created by using one of these options, Google will email you a link to its location. You can download the archive to PC directly.
As you know, if you can select Original Quality to keep the original photo’s size and resolution, that will count against your Google quota, which for the free version caps at 15GB. And Google claims that they will no longer offer unlimited storage space service on June 1, 2021. The photos and videos you upload after that data will count against Google quota even if they are of high quality. So, if you are a primary account, free space will be run out in a very short time.
If you don’t want to upgrade your Google account, you can try a free tool to merge Google Drive accounts for more free storage. To achieve that, you can rely on a cloud backup service like CBackupper, which can help you add multiple Google Drive accounts on one interface and combine all your Google Drive cloud storage into one to take full use of all your free cloud storage.
Let's see how to use CBackupper to expand your free space available:
1. Get started to create an account and sign in. Just go to the main page of CBackupper, then type your email, password, and name.
2. Add your Google Drive cloud storage account by clicking “Add Clouds” under “Added Clouds” tab. Then sign in your account and authorize CBackupper to access and manage your Google Drive accounts.
3. Now, you complete the entire process of adding cloud drives. To add more clouds, you just need to repeat the above steps. With only one login, you can allocate and combine the space of each account to make full use of their storage space.
By the way, if you do not want to upgrade your account just because you are not satisfied with the storage plan options provided by Google, you can directly turn to another cloud backup for photos such as the CBackupper. It offers a huge backup space and a 15-day free trial, you can try it first.
According to the contents above, we can see that syncing Google Photos to PC can't be achieved directly. You can follow the step-by-step guide to download photos from Google Photos to PC manually. If you don't want to upgrade your Google account but need more storage space, you can try the CBackupper to combine storage space.